Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: Ask a Flat Earth Theorist Anything
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2014, 02:34:40 AM »
They now use GPS, satellite based.

GPS is not satellite based. It is based on sonar technology. Similar to mapping the oceans. Sonar travels through the air, bounces off weather balloons fixed with reflectors, then hits the geography below to map the land. There might be one or two stratellites involved. It's really that simple.
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim? Maybe a device in your phone that receives SONAR waves from these balloons?
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »

GPS is not satellite based. It is based on sonar technology. Similar to mapping the oceans. Sonar travels through the air, bounces off weather balloons fixed with reflectors, then hits the geography below to map the land. There might be one or two stratellites involved. It's really that simple.
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim? Maybe a device in your phone that receives SONAR waves from these balloons?

My phone does not receive sonar waves, Gulliver. It receives a cellular transmission of information that was gathered with sonar technology. Are you familiar with how a cell tower works? Or phones for that matter?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2014, 02:57:05 AM »

My phone does not receive sonar waves, Gulliver. It receives a cellular transmission of information that was gathered with sonar technology. Are you familiar with how a cell tower works? Or phones for that matter?
You're probably right in that your phone does not receive SONAR waves. You're wrong though in claiming that GPS is SONAR-based. I renew my challenge for evidence to support your outlandish claim.

Ghost of V

« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2014, 03:26:48 AM »

You're probably right in that your phone does not receive SONAR waves. You're wrong though in claiming that GPS is SONAR-based. I renew my challenge for evidence to support your outlandish claim.

Am I?

Sonar could easily map the Earth, even in a round Earth model. It makes far more sense than floating trash cans delivering data in space that are somehow unaffected by universal acceleration.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »

Am I?

Sonar could easily map the Earth, even in a round Earth model. It makes far more sense than floating trash cans delivering data in space that are somehow unaffected by universal acceleration.
You really should review the purpose of GPS. It's not an earth mapping endeavor.

Quote from: http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/global.html
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based satellite navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites

Offline feynman

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »
well,subduction is proved... First of all, seismology has permit to compare the velocity of seismic waves into the globe and we can report some anomalies : this is the seismic tomography (a cold material is seen beneath the volcanoes). Secondly, the sea level is slightly higher (about 1 meter) near the continents, (i don't know the world in English for that but in French well call it "bombement avant fosse"). It's totally prove subduction

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:36 AM »
If space travel is truly a conspiracy theory, and the world is actually flat, would space travel be possible on a flat world?
If so, how has is not happened yet?

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2015, 07:04:04 AM »
How can you prove that space travel is a conspiracy?
How can you truly prove that the earth is flat.
I hope I get a response...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »
If space travel is truly a conspiracy theory, and the world is actually flat, would space travel be possible on a flat world?
If so, how has is not happened yet?

Space travel is not possible. The government needs it to be possible, which is why they've created a conspiracy to convince people that it is.

How can you prove that space travel is a conspiracy?
How can you truly prove that the earth is flat.
I hope I get a response...

There is a Conspiracy page in the Wiki here: http://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

Offline LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »

Got any evidence to back up these claims? How about some photographs of your weather balloons fitted with reflectors or your stratellites?
If it is "really that simple" then show us.
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Ghost of V

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 11:50:18 PM »
Got any evidence to back up these claims? How about some photographs of your weather balloons fitted with reflectors or your stratellites?

Rama Set

« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »

You might want to rethink your troll theory to make it more viable.  For example, once, the sound waves reflect off the geography you refer to, how is that data then collected, interpreted and imaged?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »

You might want to rethink your troll theory to make it more viable.  For example, once, the sound waves reflect off the geography you refer to, how is that data then collected, interpreted and imaged?

A better question might be, why does he think that GPS is a mapping system?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2015, 06:46:06 PM »

The data is sent back to the balloons. The data is then processed and sent to ground receivers via the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2015, 06:46:44 PM »
A better question might be, why does he think that GPS is a mapping system?

troll theory

Rama Set

« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »

The data is sent back to the balloons. The data is then processed and sent to ground receivers via the internet.
A diagram of this would be fascinating.

Ghost of V

« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

Do you have a better theory that doesn't involve satellites?

I will work on the diagram.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:12:36 PM by Vauxhall »

Rama Set

« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »

Do you have a better theory that doesn't involve satellites?

I will work on the diagram.

Obviously not.

Offline LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 24, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »

You do realize that Sonar uses sound waves but your picture depicts a weather balloon carrying a Radar reflector.
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Ghost of V

« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »
You do realize that Sonar uses sound waves but your picture depicts a weather balloon carrying a Radar reflector.

It may look like a radar reflector, but it is actually a hybrid of both a radar and sonar device. Both methods are used in gathering and creating data.