Simulation
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
Can you model and simulate the flat earth model using 3d software?

To be more specific:
  • After modelling it, can you show the suns movement in the sky as it rises east and sets west exactly 180 degrees from where it rose?
  • After modelling it, can you show the constellations as seen from earth from both the northern and the southern hemisphere?
  • After modelling it, can you show the lunar phases as we see them from earth, including the full moon?

Offline hexagon

• View Profile
Re: Simulation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 01:32:26 PM »

To be more specific:
  • After modelling it, can you show the suns movement in the sky as it rises east and sets west exactly 180 degrees from where it rose?
  • After modelling it, can you show the constellations as seen from earth from both the northern and the southern hemisphere?
  • After modelling it, can you show the lunar phases as we see them from earth, including the full moon?

I would say it not possible with existing software, because the laws of optics, light propagation, perspective etc. the flat-earth explanations of all this are based on are not implemented in existing software. 

So first of all, you would have to write some code, to implement all this. But the next problem is, that more less all this flat-earth models are just qualitative descriptions of how it might work, you rarely find any formula that could be used as a basis for your code.

Of course, if you use standard software just taking a flat earth into account, the result will have nothing to do with our visual perception of the world around us. But that's somehow unfair...

Offline edby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
This is not quite what you are looking for but it is an attempt to reconcile lunar data with FE.

I watched it for half an hour but it is longer, and fairly tedious.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:01 AM »

To be more specific:

I would say it not possible with existing software, because the laws of optics, light propagation, perspective etc. the flat-earth explanations of all this are based on are not implemented in existing software. 

So first of all, you would have to write some code, to implement all this. But the next problem is, that more less all this flat-earth models are just qualitative descriptions of how it might work, you rarely find any formula that could be used as a basis for your code.

Of course, if you use standard software just taking a flat earth into account, the result will have nothing to do with our visual perception of the world around us. But that's somehow unfair...
So, your saying it is not possible without first defining the flat earth perspective laws, I understand that clearly.

But is there anyone actually trying to research this? As I find perspective to be probably the most fundamental tool in figuring out our observations. Without it, it seems flat earth theory will never be more than it is now.