Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ordered a new computer
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »
I don't think when there are around 1 million immigrants from said nation you can't say that information is 'personally identifiable'. Posting images of my face, as you have done with no reprimand ... that's different. I'm the only one with my face.
You had more specific information than "immigrant," which is why I edited it out (and won't repeat it here). Also, I have re-posted your previously posted pictures on a rare occasion (I wonder who put them up in the first place). And I have taken down any post you have requested. It is one of the reasons I rarely bother engaging with you, as you are emotionally immature (at least here), as well as wildly inconsistent and hypocritical.

Yes, the 'personal attack' was a joke. I'm sure Pete didn't view it any other way, but I'll respect feelings and all that other PC nonsense for the future.
The report I was responding to was specifically about rule 4, but I figured I may as well cover the other rules while I was here.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2018, 05:05:03 PM »
this means [...] voiding my dell warrenty
That's not strictly right, and I'm not just referring to your inability to spell things. While the UK has valiantly resisted sensible consumer rights, thanks to pressure from the evil bureaucrats of the EU, your computer will still be covered by warranty for any failures that aren't directly linked to you shoving a new SSD in it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/what-really-invalidates-warranty-you-10180230

An even stricter standard has recently been adopted in the US

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43724348

It seems that Dell's general practice falls short of UK standards, but if you suddenly decide that you don't fancy a fiery dispute in case of a fault, you can just swap the disks back.

https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/Hard-Drive-Warranty-Question/td-p/4564611
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
I don't think when there are around 1 million immigrants from said nation you can't say that information is 'personally identifiable'. Posting images of my face, as you have done with no reprimand ... that's different. I'm the only one with my face.
You had more specific information than "immigrant," which is why I edited it out (and won't repeat it here).
Yes, I mentioned which nation he was from. That narrows him down to one in a million.

Also, I have re-posted your previously posted pictures on a rare occasion
From an account I closed over a year before.

It is one of the reasons I rarely bother engaging with you, as you are emotionally immature (at least here), as well as wildly inconsistent and hypocritical.
That suits me. You break more rules here than most of the regulars and there is no comeback for the rest of us as you are a mod. Hypocrite, thy name is Junker.

this means [...] voiding my dell warrenty
That's not strictly right, and I'm not just referring to your inability to spell things. While the UK has valiantly resisted sensible consumer rights, thanks to pressure from the evil bureaucrats of the EU, your computer will still be covered by warranty for any failures that aren't directly linked to you shoving a new SSD in it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/what-really-invalidates-warranty-you-10180230

An even stricter standard has recently been adopted in the US

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43724348

It seems that Dell's general practice falls short of UK standards, but if you suddenly decide that you don't fancy a fiery dispute in case of a fault, you can just swap the disks back.

https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/Hard-Drive-Warranty-Question/td-p/4564611
I think it does break the warranty because I have to open the back up. Then wipe all their 'special' software that keeps the PC working oh so well.But yeah, I was thinking if I kept the other disk as they sent it, how could they know if I swapped it back?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:40:37 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
I think it does break the warranty because I have to open the back up. Then wipe all their 'special' software that keeps the PC working oh so well.But yeah, I was thinking if I kept the other disk as they sent it, how could they know if I swapped it back?
Yup. Opening the back used to be controversial, but there is now ample precedent for it. Manufacturers and vendors might try to bullshit you in the hopes you'll back down, but ultimately you're in the right. Removing their crapware doesn't affect the hardware, so they can't say anything about that, and swapping the SSD should still mean all your other parts are covered (though, again, they might try throwing a hissy)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2018, 05:55:52 PM »
additional whining and ranting

If you have an issue, take it to S&C (or delete your account again as usual). Arguing moderation over a simple warning just derails the thread further. So have another warning, and keep your posts on topic, or take it to the appropriate forum.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »
Yup. Opening the back used to be controversial, but there is now ample precedent for it. Manufacturers and vendors might try to bullshit you in the hopes you'll back down, but ultimately you're in the right. Removing their crapware doesn't affect the hardware, so they can't say anything about that, and swapping the SSD should still mean all your other parts are covered (though, again, they might try throwing a hissy)
I thought they'll be more picky over me using manufacturer drivers instead of their special sauce relabeled ones, but they've made it pretty easy for me to get the new drivers. They seem to be mostly direct from the manufacturer.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/inspiron-27-7775-aio/drivers

Just found out it has been shipped. Squeeeeeeee!  :D
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2018, 06:47:35 PM »
"Hmm, how can I make this Dell product even shittier? Oh, I know, I'll install Dell's drivers on it!"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2018, 09:09:18 PM »
"Hmm, how can I make this Dell product even shittier? Oh, I know, I'll install Dell's drivers on it!"

Having worked on Dell for years, Dell drivers are mostly manufacturer driver.  I never had an issue getting the drivers from their website.  You can update later if they're out of date.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2018, 02:38:39 AM »
Opted for a Dell Inspiron 27 7775.

Ryzen 1400
RX 580
8 GB DDR4 2400 Ram
128 Gb SSD
1TB HDD
Wireless card
Wondows 10
27" UHD (3840x2160) display

That is quite a monstrosity you've got there. Also, I was playing some games just now and my CPU almost vibrated out of its socket. I'm already rocking about 10 heat pipes atm. How many more you reckon I'll need to get this baby under control?

It looks like you use Brave, though. That's p dope.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:55:03 AM by Hollocron »

« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2018, 04:31:18 AM »
God this thread sucks.

I recently bought myself a laptop that folds all the way back to become a tablet. It's awesome even though I never use it as a tablet. I only do it in front of people so they know I'm on the cutting edge of technology.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.