Travel
« on: October 30, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
Hi,
     I know that the earth must be flat, but recently I went on a trip to china and something weird happened. Our trip was from New York to Berlin to Hong Kong, and returning to California then New York. I kept a compass with me and stayed awake to watch it so that I could prove my friends wrong, but it showed that we went in one general direction the whole time. What?!?!?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Travel
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
Hi,
     I know that the earth must be flat, but recently I went on a trip to china and something weird happened. Our trip was from New York to Berlin to Hong Kong, and returning to California then New York. I kept a compass with me and stayed awake to watch it so that I could prove my friends wrong, but it showed that we went in one general direction the whole time. What?!?!?

Some of your fellow FE'ers claim that they don't know the layout of the map of the Earth...in which case, you might argue that this is merely a reflection of the appalling lack of geographic knowledge about the Flat Earth.

Certainly if you take either the unipolar or bipolar maps - I'm reasonably sure that if the compass points along parallel to the weirdly shaped lines of longitude - then everything works out on your flight.

But then we have to ask the deeper question.   If compasses point towards the north and south lines of a magnetic field, how on earth are these bizarrely curved lines of magnetic force being formed?

Worse still - why is the North pole of your compass not pointing more or less towards the "pole star" - Polaris?   That can't really be happening because sailors of old used both a compass AND the stars to navigate - and they'd have been horribly confused if their compass  didn't do that.

So the underlying problem here is a little different than you think.

But getting a straight answer in a Flat Earth world depends on you having a map - and unfortunately, the FE "experts" here don't have one.  They are, in every sense, clueless about it.

There is a reason for that.   Every time they make a possible map - we RE'ers point out a bunch of horrible flaws in it.  So rather than giving up on the Flat Earth - they simply give up on the map.   It's a lazy approach - but it seems to make them happy.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:40:40 AM »
Hi,

Did you ask any of your pilots if they thought the Earth was round or flat? Seems like they knew their way across or around it.

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »
Hi,

Did you ask any of your pilots if they thought the Earth was round or flat? Seems like they knew their way across or around it.

We have had an airline pilot (not the one that flew Fatearthsociety to Hong Kong) here on this forum.  He was pretty clear that the Earth is round and that his flight planning is based around that fact.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

devils advocate

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

We have had an airline pilot (not the one that flew Fatearthsociety to Hong Kong) here on this forum.  He was pretty clear that the Earth is round and that his flight planning is based around that fact.

But just supposing that he was one of the conspirators 3D? He would be bound to say that! Maybe the short haul pilots like those doing London-Edinburgh are kept in the dark and those that can be trusted from that group are invested/admitted into the conspiracy and given the long haul routes?

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 04:33:30 PM »

But just supposing that he was one of the conspirators 3D? He would be bound to say that! Maybe the short haul pilots like those doing London-Edinburgh are kept in the dark and those that can be trusted from that group are invested/admitted into the conspiracy and given the long haul routes?

I was merely replying to mntman's question about whether airline pilots had been asked about the shape of the Earth.  I don't happen to believe in any large scale conspiracy theories - but that is not relevant to the question asked.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 05:20:18 PM »

I was merely replying to mntman's question about whether airline pilots had been asked about the shape of the Earth.  I don't happen to believe in any large scale conspiracy theories - but that is not relevant to the question asked.
I wish we could create a wiki page here, I think it would be interesting to make a list of everyone that has to be involved with the conspiracy to hide the flat Earth. It would be a pretty massive list, far too large to maintain in forum posts.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »

I wish we could create a wiki page here, I think it would be interesting to make a list of everyone that has to be involved with the conspiracy to hide the flat Earth. It would be a pretty massive list, far too large to maintain in forum posts.

Taking every single thing that relies on a spherical earth into consideration, the degree of separation of knowing someone in the conspiracy would have to practically be one, right? Or maybe zero? For a conspiracy of this magnitude to be effective, we'd all have to be in on it. But then who would we be hiding the 'truth' from? The .000001% of the population that know it's flat? Seems like a gigantic effort for tiny returns.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 11:51:15 PM »

Taking every single thing that relies on a spherical earth into consideration, the degree of separation of knowing someone in the conspiracy would have to practically be one, right? Or maybe zero? For a conspiracy of this magnitude to be effective, we'd all have to be in on it. But then who would we be hiding the 'truth' from? The .000001% of the population that know it's flat? Seems like a gigantic effort for tiny returns.
An excellent point.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »

All of the air distances and duration are only possible in global earth. Do you have any example to reject it?

devils advocate

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »

All of the air distances and duration are only possible in global earth. Do you have any example to reject it?

Hi Iman

As per another thread unfortunately you are using round earth facts/distances and aeroplane speeds to try and disprove flat earth. Flat earth does not accept your distances (Tom Bishop states that the distance from Paris to New York is unknown). There is a flat earth belief that plane manufactures don't know how fast their planes fly or that jet stream or similar can account for flight times inconsistent with their "map" (which they don't all seem to agree on).

It's a lot to get ones head around but stick with it and you'll learn how these people defend their position but you ain't gonna burst their bubble using round earth facts mate!