Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
Where is the edge?
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:03 PM »
Any of you guys up to the challenge of proving your edge of the world?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the edge?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
If you're funding it, absolutely.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »
How much will it cost for you to prove it? What will it take?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:37:15 PM »
I'm not sure. You're the one suggesting the idea, I presumed you had some sort of plan.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »
My plan is to ask the people who claim there is an edge for some evidence. I would have imagined that, being such a fundamental aspect of your philosophy, you would have tons of ideas - or perhaps some sort of deduction - that allows you to not only believe in the edge but share that info with inquiring minds, however skeptical they may be.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 08:57:33 PM »
Oh, I thought you were suggesting an expedition. That would've been more interesting.

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »
So you're backing a philosophy that you cant even begin to defend - one for which you cant even THINK of an idea to prove its truth?

Hey, btw, send me a pm because I want to talk to you about a great real estate opportunity. Seriously.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:27:43 PM by Sputnik »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:33:29 PM »
So you're backing a philosophy that you cant even begin to defend - one for which you cant even THINK of an idea to prove its truth?

Hey, btw, send me a pm because I want to talk to you about a great real estate opportunity. Seriously.

It seems you've decided to just make things up at this point. That's cool, I don't usually expect much logic from round earthers, thanks for being another example.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 08:09:18 AM »
Damn Russians ....ha ha

As for the expedition, that would be awesome, I would throw in and join on that. However, the idea of sending a 3 stage to high orbit seems it would be safer, cheaper, and quicker. That would be awesome, it would make or break so many theories in one single shot. Shape of the earth, dome theory, if Hall boosters work in space and rockets themselves, ect ect ect.

Just need to join together to do this, I have already stated what I can assist in (propulsion, structural, some guidance, a location to build and test, donation of needed parts along with a portion of thr funding) and things I would need assistance on( ground based line of site control and guidance, software, break away times, live video feed and what cameras to actually use). Even have the basic budget set 40k (over what I am willing to provide), however 80k would be ideal so there can be a duplicate in case of failure.

Tell me how cool this would be, would be the end all be all. People have raised alot of money for stupid causes, this is a legit one and not alot of money when you think about it. The budget could be less if people involved already have preexisting items that they would donate like I would do. Tell me what is wrong with this idea?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »
My plan is to ask the people who claim there is an edge for some evidence. I would have imagined that, being such a fundamental aspect of your philosophy
The existence (or lack thereof) of the edge of the Earth is not a fundamental aspect of Zeteticism nor FET.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Sputnik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 11:40:28 AM »
My plan is to ask the people who claim there is an edge for some evidence. I would have imagined that, being such a fundamental aspect of your philosophy
The existence (or lack thereof) of the edge of the Earth is not a fundamental aspect of Zeteticism nor FET.

Ok, is there an edge or not?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »

Maybe not, but the existence of the south pole certainly would be!

Finding a place as far south as you could go that the sun circles would really put the kibosh on your flat earth model!

And, you do realise that a few people actually live there year round. It is a great astronomical observation location. Long nights (six month) and clear nights (when the sky is clear). 

geckothegeek

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 12:45:01 AM »
There is such a thing called geodesy. The earth has been thoroughly surveyed and no evidence of "the edge" has ever been found.
Why ?
Because the earth is a real globe and  not some imaginary flat disc with an imaginary edge of an imaginary "ice wall".

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 08:53:31 PM »
Charles K. Johnson, Samuel Shenton and Rowbotham all thought the plane extended indefinitely. However, this is unknown.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »
Charles K. Johnson, Samuel Shenton and Rowbotham all thought the plane extended indefinitely. However, this is unknown.
Maybe Andrea Barns found this out In search of the edge of the flat earth.
Or, maybe even she failed, after 50 years of searching!

This may help in understanding the video: In search of the edge, Study Guide, but then again it may not!

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
I know Iris Taylor routinely brings folks to one of the "four corners" of the earth. I doubt its the edge though.

Offline Robaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
How do FEer's explain satellites in orbit? I know the physics of falling bodies, altitude and velocity that do explain satellites. What happens at the edge with a satellite?

Rob

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

Why don't you prove that there is no edge by flying over antarctica and reach the other side. Put a camera on that plane and make a livefeed transmission on youtube.

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
How do FEer's explain satellites in orbit? I know the physics of falling bodies, altitude and velocity that do explain satellites. What happens at the edge with a satellite?

Rob

Satellites don't exist.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 06:47:28 PM »

Why don't you prove that there is no edge by flying over antarctica and reach the other side. Put a camera on that plane and make a livefeed transmission on youtube.

Because it would be a colossal waste of time/money.

"Breaking news: Guy flies across Antarctica, proving what everyone already knew: the earth isn't flat. No one is surprised."

On the other hand, if you proved the existence of an "edge", that absolutely WOULD be astounding news, and completely worth it.

Satellites don't exist.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/