devils advocate

Is FE belief genuine or is it just absence of RE proof?
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:45 AM »
Hi
I am wondering if FE actually believe the earth is flat or is it just a position of not believing all of the RE proofs and challenging accepted answers?
Can any FE confirm that they are sure the earth is flat or they are NOT sure that it is round?

Re: Is FE belief genuine or is it just absence of RE proof?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
Hi
I am wondering if FE actually believe the earth is flat or is it just a position of not believing all of the RE proofs and challenging accepted answers?
Can any FE confirm that they are sure the earth is flat or they are NOT sure that it is round?
I'm not entirely sure on the demographic here, but on the other forum those who simply feel RE doesn't meet their observations/challenges to their satisfaction are certainly represented. You'll find views on most things to be quite varied among the FE population, not only from ideas on their own hypothesis, but also in how they came to their conclusions, and their level of conviction of the Earth being flat. The latter of which is only to be expected of a group of humans though, although the former is a bit problematic for something that's been picked at and worked on in some fashion for as long as the FES claims it has been. IMO at least.

devils advocate

Re: Is FE belief genuine or is it just absence of RE proof?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:44:41 PM »
I guess that the lack of proof explains the varying degrees of belief and inconsistency of a solid "flat earth stance". Similar to religions though who manage to break away into sects and variations over any small interpretation of [insert fictional word of god here].

Round earth has a wealth of mutually supporting evidence hence why the position is standardised. FE has no such luxury, unless it is being kept a big secret because I have read none of it so far in my exploration of it.

I do admire the "challenge everything" attitude of FE, indeed it is the basis of all science to challenge what we think we know. Where it seems to fall down when compared to science is in the lack of accepting scientific proofs when they are given.