devils advocate

Do FE seek proof of FE
« on: September 18, 2017, 08:37:40 AM »
Hi all
I've been reading a lot of posts here where FE followers aim to debunk the RE offered proofs. I was wondering if any FE believers would be interested in obtaining actual proof of FE or whether the concept of attempting to discredit modern science is enough?
Are there any true FE believers who would consider an expedition to "the edge"? I was thinking that by using the sun and moon as guides it would be possible to travel in a known direction, enough to reach the edge and then surely if one continued in that direction at some point there would be "the end of earth".
Is anyone up for finally, once and for all settling the debate?

Re: Do FE seek proof of FE
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
Hi all
I've been reading a lot of posts here where FE followers aim to debunk the RE offered proofs. I was wondering if any FE believers would be interested in obtaining actual proof of FE or whether the concept of attempting to discredit modern science is enough?
Are there any true FE believers who would consider an expedition to "the edge"? I was thinking that by using the sun and moon as guides it would be possible to travel in a known direction, enough to reach the edge and then surely if one continued in that direction at some point there would be "the end of earth".

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

The above statement is purely coincidental...

devils advocate

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »
But do they know they are empty?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »
Hi all

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

The above statement is purely coincidental...

I've already warned you three times. If you having nothing to actually add to a thread in the upper fora, then don't bother posting. Have a few days off to review the rules.

Hmmm

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »
devils advocate, i personally think there are less people, who would wanna experiment practically or research the Flat Earth theory much more deeper from a lot of perspectives, than there are people, who will accept it as fact or simply deny it.
It could be because they only "want to be right in the argument" and nothing else. But that may mean, they don't care about the truth and understanding 'how world actually works', they only care about feeding their own ego and showing superiority over others ;) :-\
Some people think questioning earth, or even broader - life, is a joke - so they're just fine with the lies they're fed throughout life..."Let's go on to our routines and forget about the stupid debates: everything is fine, those concerns are just something of imagination; the scientists wouldn't lie to us".

Don't forget about these theories hypotheses some people say:
 * there might be a border patrol close to every side of the ice wall(in FE theory, of course), that doesn't permit humans to get to the edges of earth. Some even claim, this border patrol might shoot anyone trespassing without asking for permission to go further.

* It might be: the further you go to the edge, the colder and dangerous it becomes: no human could survive these extreme temperatures(less than 80C degrees+ possible high air humidity) ...This reminds me of ending scenes in "The Truman Show" (1998), where the main character, Truman was going through sea storms on a boat just to get to the end of the fake world he lived in.

When people believe in these things, they stop themselves from exploring and experimenting - it makes them say "what's the point of it, if...".

Thank you for your question. I appreciate it, because it shows, that we're not contributing enough practical research to know what actual form and structure earth has! ;D

And don't say the templateful: "there is no question, it's an oblate spheroid. Anyone else, who believes or thinks otherwise, is insane or really stupid" or "the earth is flat - it's a fact. Anyone else, who believes or thinks otherwise, is insane or really stupid" - how do you know that's true?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:26:46 PM by Hmmm »