Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1280 on: July 16, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
Hunter does come across as a bit of a slimeball and for some reason the Republicans eat it up. You know what though? Hunter's not our President! Our President is so unimpeachable they need to attack his family. That they are so unapologetically doing so is the real disgrace.

The entire point of this debacle is that Joe has been using Hunter as a scapegoat and liaison to enact personal corruption. I think you, and everyone else here, knows perfectly well that this isn't just about Hunter. He's not some random man who happens to be connected to Joe Biden. The meme of "I didn't vote for Hunter!" and "you just don't have anything on Joe!" is nonsense. Hunter didn't find himself on the boards of foreign oil and gas companies because of his extensive executive knowledge in how to run oil and gas companies. Joe used his son to personally gain from his political power. Now neither Joe nor his son will face consequences for doing so. This is okay to you because obviously they are not the same person and the idea of them coordinating with each other is utterly impossible.

Sometimes I think the idea of family members interacting with each other is so completely foreign to so many Democrats that they cannot even imagine it...

Sure, Democrats recognize that families work together; the Trump administration saw some epic nepotism, and Democrats definitely recognize that the Trump crime family has been working together shamelessly defrauding people for decades. I guess maybe some day we'll see some concrete evidence that Joe and Hunter conspired to do something similarly illegal together, who knows?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #1281 on: July 16, 2023, 06:15:37 PM »
Sure, Democrats recognize that families work together; the Trump administration saw some epic nepotism, and Democrats definitely recognize that the Trump crime family has been working together shamelessly defrauding people for decades. I guess maybe some day we'll see some concrete evidence that Joe and Hunter conspired to do something similarly illegal together, who knows?
Indeed, who knows?  Further just the perception that a company has gained some sort of "inside track" by putting a member of a powerful and well connected family on their board can be useful to that company, whether said appointment actually provides such or not.
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 16, 2023, 07:23:46 PM »
The argument that Hunter is not Joe Biden cuts both ways. It makes Joe Biden independently and uniquely responsible for disowning and denying the existence of his granddaughter. The argument that Hunter convinced Joe to turn his back on his flesh and blood granddaughter simply doesn't fly, since Hunter is not Joe Biden.

A year after paternity was established in Nov 2019, Joe Biden put out statements in Oct 2020 stating that "I'll always answer a call from my grandchildren", and sold himself as a family man who was there for his grandchildren and wanted to be deeply involved in their lives.

In the case of Navy Joan, Joe Biden is turning his back on his grandchild. He has not reached out to her, and has not involved her with the grandchildren activities. All of the grandchildren are named on Christmas stockings, and explicitly named in their book except for the granddaughter Navy Joan. Joe Biden is even telling staff to state that he has six and not seven grandchildren and to leave out Navy Joan. This is frankly terrible, and all on Joe Biden uniquely.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 07:35:26 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 16, 2023, 07:33:33 PM »
Tom is weirdly fixated on the illegitimate grandchild thing.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 16, 2023, 07:46:22 PM »
Imagine arguing that a child born outside of marriage or in an accident does not deserve to have contact with her grandparents, uncles, aunts, should be banned from family events, family references, and should banned from growing up in a childhood with her cousins.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 16, 2023, 07:46:56 PM »
Hunter does come across as a bit of a slimeball and for some reason the Republicans eat it up. You know what though? Hunter's not our President! Our President is so unimpeachable they need to attack his family. That they are so unapologetically doing so is the real disgrace.

The entire point of this debacle is that Joe has been using Hunter as a scapegoat and liaison to enact personal corruption. I think you, and everyone else here, knows perfectly well that this isn't just about Hunter. He's not some random man who happens to be connected to Joe Biden. The meme of "I didn't vote for Hunter!" and "you just don't have anything on Joe!" is nonsense. Hunter didn't find himself on the boards of foreign oil and gas companies because of his extensive executive knowledge in how to run oil and gas companies. Joe used his son to personally gain from his political power. Now neither Joe nor his son will face consequences for doing so. This is okay to you because obviously they are not the same person and the idea of them coordinating with each other is utterly impossible.

Sometimes I think the idea of family members interacting with each other is so completely foreign to so many Democrats that they cannot even imagine it...
Wait... what political power did Joe Biden have via his son?  The VP of the US has a lot of power and I can't imagine that Hunter inserting himself into a company he's not qualified to operate somehow increased Biden's political power as VP of the USA.

Imagine arguing that a child born outside of marriage or in an accident does not deserve to have contact with her grandparents, uncles, aunts, should be banned from family events, family references, and banned from growing up in a childhood with her cousins.
You.... you realize this happens often, right?  Like... this is common in cases where the parents aren't together.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 16, 2023, 07:59:12 PM »
Wait... what political power did Joe Biden have via his son?  The VP of the US has a lot of power and I can't imagine that Hunter inserting himself into a company he's not qualified to operate somehow increased Biden's political power as VP of the USA.

I pointed out his family made enormous amounts of money in positions they weren't qualified to be in. I don't know where you got the "political power increase" thing from, but I suggest you start reading sentences a bit slower or something.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 16, 2023, 08:46:29 PM »
Imagine arguing that a child born outside of marriage or in an accident does not deserve to have contact with her grandparents, uncles, aunts, should be banned from family events, family references, and banned from growing up in a childhood with her cousins.
You.... you realize this happens often, right?  Like... this is common in cases where the parents aren't together.

You are arguing that because some people are pieces of excitement who disown their grandchildren, that it's okay for Joe Biden to do so as well. The little girl did nothing here, and is innocent. This is Joe Biden walking away from his responsibilities as a grandfather, specifically ignoring her and excluding one grandchild from calls and family activities with his other grandchildren.

Joe Biden appears to deny that he is even her grandfather, instructing aids to deny her existence. This is not normal, even in broken families, and something many rightly consider to be monstrous. This is a punishment on the little girl for doing nothing. She will have to grow up knowing her paternal family excluded her and that the President of the United States specifically disowned her as his grandchild.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 08:51:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 16, 2023, 08:50:24 PM »

You are arguing that because some people are pieces of excitement who disown their grandchildren, that it's okay for Joe Biden to do so as well. The little girl did nothing here, and is innocent. This is Joe Biden walking away from his responsibilities as a grandfather, specifically ignoring her and excluding one grandchild from phone calls and family activities with his other grandchildren.

Joe Biden appears to deny that he is even her grandfather, instructing aids to deny her existence. This is not normal, even in broken families, and something many rightly consider to be monstrous. This is a punishment on the little girl for doing nothing. She will have to grow up knowing her paternal family excluded her and that the President of the United States specifically disowned her as his grandchild.
Considering how you think Joe Biden likes to molest and/or sniff kids hair... why is this bad again?

You seem to think that being part of the Biden family is a blessing and this child would be very fortunate to be included in Joe Biden's political situation.  How very interesting.

Regardless, you probably need more perspective on the subject.  Family isn't always blood.  And blood doesn't make you family.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 16, 2023, 09:00:28 PM »

I pointed out his family made enormous amounts of money in positions they weren't qualified to be in. I don't know where you got the "political power increase" thing from, but I suggest you start reading sentences a bit slower or something.

Ahh, apologies.
I did misread.  This line:

"Joe used his son to personally gain from his political power."
I misread it to say that Joe biden used his son to gain political power.
Instead you're saying he used his own political power and Hunter Biden to gain money.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 16, 2023, 09:17:05 PM »
Considering how you think Joe Biden likes to molest and/or sniff kids hair... why is this bad again?

You seem to think that being part of the Biden family is a blessing and this child would be very fortunate to be included in Joe Biden's political situation.  How very interesting.

Regardless, you probably need more perspective on the subject.  Family isn't always blood.  And blood doesn't make you family.

Actually blood does make you family. Navy Joan's other grandfather did not reject her as his grandchild, despite that she came from a broken family and was an accident with a crackhead father. Navy Joan's other grandfather recognizes that she is his granddaughter and promises to love and protect her as a grandfather should:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/06/bidens-cruel-erasure-navy-joan-roberts/

The other grandfather knows what's right.  Meanwhile Joe Biden put up a stocking for the dog and other grandchildren by name, but not for his granddaughter Navy Joan.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 11:45:25 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 16, 2023, 09:21:32 PM »

Actually blood does make you family. Navy Joan's other grandfather did not reject her as his grandchild, despite that she came from a broken family and was an accident with a crackhead father. Navy Joan's other grandfather recognizes that she is his granddaughter and promises to love and protect her as a grandfather should:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/06/bidens-cruel-erasure-navy-joan-roberts/

It does not.  One can be blood related but not be family.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 16, 2023, 11:54:14 PM »
joe and hunter are simply different people and hunter has no place in joe's administration as he was not elected or appointed.

which is why the secret service went to the gun dealer and tried to get the paperwork from his firearm purchase. it is very obvious that someone with no ties to the administration would get favors from the secret service. i can confirm this as i have no ties to the administration but the secret service tries to help me out of jams all the time.

not sure why you people care about hunter so much smh.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 17, 2023, 03:07:04 AM »
I won't bother repeating myself on the subject of Biden's grandchild. None of Tom's sanctimonious hand-wringing changes the bottom line.

joe and hunter are simply different people and hunter has no place in joe's administration as he was not elected or appointed.

which is why the secret service went to the gun dealer and tried to get the paperwork from his firearm purchase. it is very obvious that someone with no ties to the administration would get favors from the secret service. i can confirm this as i have no ties to the administration but the secret service tries to help me out of jams all the time.

not sure why you people care about hunter so much smh.

You're referring to an incident that took place in 2018. The Biden Administration had yet to exist, and neither Joe nor Hunter were receiving Secret Service protection at the time. Why assume that this implicates them? Trump was the president at the time, after all, and he demonstrated during his presidency that he was both corrupt and willing to abuse the powers of his office to target his political rivals, and Biden in particular. Here's a conspiracy theory - maybe Trump sent the Secret Service for the paperwork, not to protect Hunter if a crime were committed with the gun, but to use it against him. There's no evidence of that being the case, of course, but it's an entirely valid alternative to the (also evidence-free) assumption that Biden was trying to cover the whole thing up.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 17, 2023, 03:27:58 AM »
yes honk is absolutely correct that and is exactly the point i was trying to convey, thank you

of course the former vp would have no access to secret service, and of course would have no influence as he wasn't elected president yet, and of course hunter would never be a part of any administration anyway.

i am glad we agree. hopefully sadaam's investigation will finally get people to stop talking about hunter, who is nothing but a wayward and misguided soul. he certainly didn't engage in any corruption with his dad; that would be an absurd thing to say.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 17, 2023, 04:46:20 AM »
of course the former vp would have no access to secret service, and of course would have no influence as he wasn't elected president yet, and of course hunter would never be a part of any administration anyway.

100% correct! The Secret Service's coverage of a VP isn't for life like it is for a President. It ends six months after they serve. So, yeah. But whoever lets facts and details get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, eh?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 17, 2023, 08:20:40 AM »
It is pretty odd that honk's narrative is that Hunter has fathered a child, abandoned it, and received support in so doing from his father the President of the United States of America, and somehow it is all solely Hunter's fault. Somehow, Joe Biden's hands in his participation in rejecting and abandoning his granddaughter are wiped clean and not worth discussing.

Lord Dave thinks that you can simply choose who your family is, and if you want to disown your four year old daughter or your four year old granddaughter, it's okay in his book.

Roundy is even here arguing that children born out of wedlock don't deserve to be part of their family's lives, part of family events, or grow up with their cousins. He pretends that it is completely normal and acceptable in 2023 that children born out of wedlock are disowned by their grandparents and families.

Considering the absurd and constantly changing range of excuses here, the obvious truth here is that this is difficult to defend. It is more than a partisan issue. Even the liberal media is roasting Biden on this. New York Times Pulitzer Prize winner Maureen Dowd, a fairly well known Democrat journalist, shuns Biden for his heinous actions.

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/critics-attack-the-new-york-times-for-daring-to-do-journalism-on-the-biden-granddaughter-story/

Her article is here - https://web.archive.org/web/20230708160326/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/08/opinion/hunter-biden-child.html
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 09:03:23 AM by Tom Bishop »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 17, 2023, 10:41:04 AM »
It is pretty odd that honk's narrative is that Hunter has fathered a child, abandoned it, and received support in so doing from his father the President of the United States of America, and somehow it is all solely Hunter's fault. Somehow, Joe Biden's hands in his participation in rejecting and abandoning his granddaughter are wiped clean and not worth discussing.

Lord Dave thinks that you can simply choose who your family is, and if you want to disown your four year old daughter or your four year old granddaughter, it's okay in his book.

Roundy is even here arguing that children born out of wedlock don't deserve to be part of their family's lives, part of family events, or grow up with their cousins. He pretends that it is completely normal and acceptable in 2023 that children born out of wedlock are disowned by their grandparents and families.

Considering the absurd and constantly changing range of excuses here, the obvious truth here is that this is difficult to defend. It is more than a partisan issue. Even the liberal media is roasting Biden on this. New York Times Pulitzer Prize winner Maureen Dowd, a fairly well known Democrat journalist, shuns Biden for his heinous actions.

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/critics-attack-the-new-york-times-for-daring-to-do-journalism-on-the-biden-granddaughter-story/

Her article is here - https://web.archive.org/web/20230708160326/https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/08/opinion/hunter-biden-child.html

Tom thinks forcing people to be a family is healthy.
I'll tell that to any rape victim who gets pregnant (and can't get an abortion), any one night stand, any abused .other,  any messy divorceee, etc...

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 17, 2023, 03:29:35 PM »

100% correct! The Secret Service's coverage of a VP isn't for life like it is for a President. It ends six months after they serve. So, yeah. But whoever lets facts and details get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, eh?

exactly right. and we know he would hold zero influence and have no ability to do anything. really can't believe people are still talking about hunter. not like he was giving 10% to the big guy.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 17, 2023, 05:15:53 PM »
Then all we're left with is the assumption that Biden must have been responsible for what happened for no better reason than it being in his interests to do so, and not because he had any authority to order it. I say that Trump also had an interest in collecting the incriminating paperwork. Combine that with the fact that, unlike Biden, he had a history of weaponizing his office for his own personal political gain (particularly against Biden), and that, also unlike Biden, he actually had the authority to order the Secret Service around at the time, and on the face of it, Trump is a much stronger suspect than Biden.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y