Offline EarthNotFlat

• Lunar eclipses prove the Round Earth.
    • View Profile
DISCLAIMER: This will not contain any ISS footage since if i do a lot of people will say that its coming from NASA and therefore cant be trusted, the only video evidence in this video comes from everyday observers. I will also provide Co-Evidence to justify some points.

If the Flat Earth Model were true and the Earth were flat and accelerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2, then how does the ISS stay up for years with only a few refuelings per year, meanwhile an airplane or a helicopter cant even stay up for a few days? In reality, this is because the ISS is falling towards Earth but because its moving very quickly (7.66 km/s), it falls just as fast as Earth curves away from it, i will also provide Co-Evidence to reinforce this idea and to prove that the ISS is indeed in space.

Doing The Calculations of the Glode Model, The Moon is 384,000 km away from the Earth, the ISS is about 960 times closer, at only 400 km away, the Moon is also roughly 3470 km across, and has an angular size of 30 arc minutes as seen from Earth, the ISS is 960 times closer, but also 32,000 times smaller, dividing the 2 values, we get that the ISS should look around 34 times smaller than the moon, as seen from Earth, however, the distance between the Earth and the Moon does vary, from 357,000 km to 400,000 km, meaning that value can be anywhere between 32.5 and 36.5.

When you look at observations of the ISS Lunar Transit, this is very close to reality.

Ima list a few videos of this:

You can also search "ISS Lunar Transit" on youtube and find more of these.

Here's a Pre-Debunked Potential Counter-Argument:

Q: That could also happen if the Moon was very small and closeby.

A: That's why i didnt just present 1 video, instead, on the last video, the Moon is only half illuminated and on the first 2, its a full Moon, If you can explain why the Moon Phases are the same for everyone on Earth, then do it. I've seen some models where the moon gets closer and further from the sun over a 30 day cycle, however those models fail because they dont explain why a Full Moon is brighter even tho the Moon is further from the Sun than in a Half Moon. Even if you managed to explain that part, there would still be the problem that an observer directly below the Full Moon would only see a Half Moon, meanwhile an observer closer to the Sun would see a Full Moon, Also how can the Sun illuminate the Moon but not illuminate places on Earth where it is night, even tho they are closer to the Sun? No excuses for thick atmosphere either, because if you're on a plane, 36,000 ft up in the air, its still dark and you cant see the Sun during the night, but you can see the Moon. Even if you managed to explain the Moon Phases, Lunar eclipses would still be unexplainable, and no, its not a 3rd celestial body, otherwise that body would also block out light coming from the stars for an observer whose location forms a right triangle with the Moon and the Sun, this simply doesn't match observations. If the Moon emits its own light, then you'd still have the same problem, unless the moon was flat and on the dome, and if that was the case, why does it light up like a sphere does in the 3rd transit video?

Q: Why doesnt the Sun steal the Moon?

A:

Q: How do you know the ISS orbits at 400 km altitude?

A: You can measure how long it takes to travel across the Moon's surface and then figure out how high it is orbitting at, if its too high, it'll get damaged from cosmic radiation, too low and it'll take too much fuel to stay up.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:48:47 AM by EarthNotFlat »
Earth is not flat.

Re: Universal Acceleration - how does the ISS maintain an orbit?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »
A couple of years ago, the ISS would cross over Central Florida at a specific time few minutes after Sunset, when the Sun even being under the horizon for the Floridians, would be illuminating the ISS 400km up in orbit.  That was a not so rare, but difficult to repeat on such exact variables, so it was announced vastly with days in advance on newspaper, local TV and internet.  I was out there sit waiting... and with a clockwork precision, there she comes from Southwest right over my house, disappearing 3/4 of the way to Northeast (when it loses solar reflection).  It was a bright beautiful thing, not so far, same distance from Central Florida to Miami, but small enough to allow us to think "there are people inside there".   I saw it, naked eye.  I had my good binoculars with me, but didn't use it, it was moving fast.   

If you are interested to actual "see" the ISS flying over Central Florida, use the following web-link to know in anticipation.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=Florida&city=Orlando#.XNHpnOhKiUk

The following web-link is to locate yourself in the world and then pinpoint when ISS will be visible in your evening skies:
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

For the ones that didn't understand yet how this work:
It is very difficult to see ISS during the day, or night, its external lights become so dim for us to see it.
But there is a special time window (minutes) right after sunset, when the sky becomes dark enough but the angle of the sun right below the horizon still illuminating the ISS 400km above, so it becomes like a mirror, reflecting sunlight down to us, in contrast with the dark sky.  It becomes bright enough to see it very well, impossible to think it is an airplane or another satellite.  It is really bright, more than Venus.   You just need to go outside, sit down, use a compass to pinpoint exactly where in the horizon it will appear and where it will go disappear, so you can keep looking on that sky stretch, can not miss it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 02:07:52 AM »
What does this have to do with UA, as opposed to any other type of Flat Earth gravity (ie. infinite plane with finite gravity), exactly? It sounds more like you are just asking about how the ISS stays up rather than anything to do with any type of gravity.

Per the question; since we do not have access to space to study its properties, or the technologies used, it is a pointless question for us.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:57:01 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 06:50:31 AM »
since we do not have access to space to study its properties

Care to explain what you mean by this a bit more specifically Tom.  Do you mean that the FES doesn't happen to own any spacecraft so you cannot gather your own data from space to study its properties?

Who is 'we' in this context?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
If the Flat Earth Model were true and the Earth were flat and accelerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2, then how does the ISS stay up for years with only a few refuelings per year, meanwhile an airplane or a helicopter cant even stay up for a few days?
The ISS is located sufficiently high above the ground to also be affected by UA. Meanwhile, helicopters and aeroplanes don't go to space.

Please, read up on the basics before you waste people's time. Also, refrain from declaring yourself the victor in the thread title - imagine how much that says about your willingness to have an honest and open debate.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:19:07 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 01:58:39 PM »
If the Flat Earth Model were true and the Earth were flat and accelerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2, then how does the ISS stay up for years with only a few refuelings per year, meanwhile an airplane or a helicopter cant even stay up for a few days?
The ISS is located sufficiently high above the ground to also be affected by UA. Meanwhile, helicopters and aeroplanes don't go to space.

Please, read up on the basics before you waste people's time. Also, refrain from declaring yourself the victor in the thread title - imagine how much that says about your willingness to have an honest and open debate.
Pete, are you saying that the ISS is real?  I thought that the general consensus was that all space travel, including the ISS, is being faked as part of a massive space travel conspiracy headed by NASA.  At least that's what the wiki says.
https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
Pete, are you saying that the ISS is real?
Omitting the fact that you've been around for over a decade (counting both sites) and asked me that question so many times, you could simply use the search function to figure this one out, couldn't you?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 05:09:30 PM »
Omitting the fact that you've been around for over a decade (counting both sites) and asked me that question so many times, you could simply use the search function to figure this one out, couldn't you?

I would be way more interested in hearing you expand on your thoughts.  That "sufficiently high above the ground" allows mass to be affected by UA.  How would that work?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »
since we do not have access to space to study its properties, or the technologies used, it is a pointless question for us.

Hmmm...

Who from "us" went there to test, survey and confirm, so the 9 (to be a short list) statements below are surely unquestionable solid truth?

1.) Moon's own light
2.) Invisible object (antimoon) hiding Moon's light for the phases
3.) Antarctica being militarized for no access at all
4.) The fantastic dome existence
5.) Land distances on FE map South hemisphere
6.) Despite FE perspective and vanish point, the sun keeps the same diameter from sunrise to sunset due atmosphere lens effect
7.) Satellites and ISS do not exist
8.) GPS and GeoStat comm satellites are just radios and antennas on balloons
9.) RE Airplanes would fly straight to space if pilot doesn't pitch down constantly

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »
Yes, my decade or so of experience on both sites tells me that FE'ers think that the ISS is fake.  The wiki says that the ISS is fake (hence the wiki link that you deleted).  So why are you suggesting that ISS is real and happily riding the UA when just about every other FE'er says that it's fake?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »
Yes
Come back when you're ready to stop deflecting and start responding to people's posts. In the meantime, refrain from shitposting in the upper.

I would be way more interested in hearing you expand on your thoughts.  That "sufficiently high above the ground" allows mass to be affected by UA.  How would that work?
I think you're approaching this backwards - the fact that an object is affected by an acceleration that's supposedly universal should not be surprising. It's "universal", after all.

Of course, that's a bit of a misnomer, since the entire point here is that objects on or slightly above the Earth are not affected by it, thus creating gravity. In essence, UA acts somewhat like a current, and the Earth shields its immediate surroundings from it.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 02:39:52 PM »
Yes
Come back when you're ready to stop deflecting and start responding to people's posts. In the meantime, refrain from shitposting in the upper.

I think you're approaching this backwards - the fact that an object is affected by an acceleration that's supposedly universal should not be surprising. It's "universal", after all.

Of course, that's a bit of a misnomer, since the entire point here is that objects on or slightly above the Earth are not affected by it, thus creating gravity. In essence, UA acts somewhat like a current, and the Earth shields its immediate surroundings from it.

So in theory spaceflight would be possible if you could reach the altitude that acceleration would take over and keep the mass from falling back to earth (earth rising to meet mass).   Interesting.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline EarthNotFlat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

In that case, where is the "line" where the UA starts to affect objects? Even if it can stay up, that still doesn't explain how it can continue moving around the Earth without needing fuel (on an FE model it could never go in a straight line without hitting the "dome" or just leaving the Earth entirely).

What does this have to do with UA, as opposed to any other type of Flat Earth gravity (ie. infinite plane with finite gravity), exactly? It sounds more like you are just asking about how the ISS stays up rather than anything to do with any type of gravity.

Per the question; since we do not have access to space to study its properties, or the technologies used, it is a pointless question for us.

You don't need to have acecss to space to study its properties, you can conclude that there is no type of high efficiency fuel being expelled because you do not see chemtrails nor explosions during a lunar or solar transit of the ISS. There is no other way that the ISS could move in a "curved" path on an FE model other than if it was releasing exhaust (like a rocket when it performs the ROLL program), and from what we can see, the exhaust doesn't come out constantly, which is required in order for the ISS to move in a curved path, If it has a force pulling it to the center, then you have to integrate that into your model and explain how it works and with evidence.

I only mentioned the UA because its the only type of FE gravity that I've come across.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:03:52 PM by EarthNotFlat »
Earth is not flat.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 10:00:20 PM »
Even if it can stay up, that still doesn't explain how it can continue moving around the Earth without needing fuel (on an FE model it could never go in a straight line without hitting the "dome" or just leaving the Earth entirely).
The exact same way literally anything maintains an orbit. Great to see that you've completely altered your question, though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:04:31 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline EarthNotFlat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:24:20 AM »
Even if it can stay up, that still doesn't explain how it can continue moving around the Earth without needing fuel (on an FE model it could never go in a straight line without hitting the "dome" or just leaving the Earth entirely).
The exact same way literally anything maintains an orbit. Great to see that you've completely altered your question, though.

Not true again, I made a new question because your answer to the first one simply discussed the possibilty of an event happening, not that it actually does (insufficient evidence). An "orbit" is a circular path around an object, how does it stay up is just as big of a question as how does it maintain the curve. Not to mention the original title was "Universal Acceleration DEBUNKED", you changed it too "Universal Acceleration - How does the ISS stay up?" when in fact my evidence can be used to make multiple points, which im making right now.

You're saying "the exact same way" tell me what this way is and prove it. It can't be the same way the Sun and the Moon maintain an orbit since in your mode, those are far enough way that the atmosphere wouldn't have that big of an effect, however, the ISS is only 400 km high, so the atmosphere WOULD affect it, even if it didn't fall, it would still slowdown, this is part of my original question, you only answered the "How does it stay up" part, not how does it maintain its path. I often ask a different question if im looking for weak/inconsistent answers, since both questions have to be answered in non-contradictory ways.

Additionally, if the UA keeps the ISS up in the air and it "doesn't need fuel to maintain a curved path", then why would it need refuelings at all, in my original post, I mentioned that the ISS does get refuelings, your responses so far don't answer that at all, and there's no denying that these happen because the ISS's height goes up and down in a cicle.

And finally, if the Earth is flat, I would like a scale model of this with the actual distances and values, these wouldn't be hard to calculate if the Earth truly were flat, so where are they? (not saying they don't exist, just that I've never seen any, most FE models I run into only explain 1 thing and 1 thing only). I'd also like evidence to support these models if you actually present them because you didn't present any values for the "line" that separates "Non-UA Space" and UA Space, unless evidence is provided, I will not simply accept these as if they were fact. Both the globe model and the Fe model explain this phenomenon, 1 Presents modern evidence and calculations, the other one relies on quotes from hundreds of years ago and vague explanations. Look at how many calculations and explanations I put into my original post and then look at how vague and unscientific your replies are, I don't see a single number.

This thread is one of the best examples of FE vagueness https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=14695.0

Yes, I will hear and consider your explantions, if you provide evidence and calculations that support your claim.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:32:54 PM by EarthNotFlat »
Earth is not flat.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
Not to mention the original title was "Universal Acceleration DEBUNKED", you changed it too "Universal Acceleration - How does the ISS stay up?" when in fact my evidence can be used to make multiple points, which im making right now.
Indeed, if you want to make threads about how right you are, rather than start discussions, do so in the Angry Ranting board.

If you'd like to propose an alternative thread title, feel free to PM me.

As for your 100 attempts at digressing from the subject: I'm sure they're riveting, but I'm not going to have multiple concurrent conversations in one thread.

Offline Science Supporter

• Globe Earth is Only Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 02:04:34 AM »
Not to mention the original title was "Universal Acceleration DEBUNKED", you changed it too "Universal Acceleration - How does the ISS stay up?" when in fact my evidence can be used to make multiple points, which im making right now.
Indeed, if you want to make threads about how right you are, rather than start discussions, do so in the Angry Ranting board.

As for your 100 attempts at digressing from the subject: I'm sure they're riveting, but I'm not going to have multiple concurrent conversations in one thread.
I am right. You are wrong.
"We are not here to directly persuade anyone [...] You mistake our lack of interest in you for our absence."
-Pete Svarrior

"We are extremely popular and the entire world wants to talk to us. We have better things to do with our lives than have in depth discussions with every single curious person. You are lucky to get one sentence dismissals from us"
-Tom Bishop

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 03:55:29 AM »

I am right. You are wrong.

Refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Last warning before a short ban to review the rules.

Offline EarthNotFlat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 07:56:14 AM »

You didn't provide a slither of evidence to support your theory, nor did you answer why your arguments are so vague meanwhile I presented more evidence and calculations than I should have. this is my last post on this thread for now. Bye
Earth is not flat.

Offline Tim Alphabeaver

• That's no beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 09:17:35 AM »

How would something maintain an orbit above a flat plane? I think we've all agreed that the ISS is moving relative to the plane, and due to the fact that it stays above the plane it must have some acceleration that keeps it "circling" above. This acceleration is parallel to the plane of the flat earth, and I think we can say pretty safely that a man-made engine would not be able to sustain this kind of acceleration without constant refuelling. Where does it get this acceleration from?
**I move away from the infinite flat plane to breathe in