Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9460 on: February 15, 2022, 12:33:21 PM »
Trump Org's accountants, Mazars, have terminated their relationship, saying that they can do no new work for the former guy's organisation, and effectively stating that Trump Org has misled them over a period of around 10 years.

As a footnote, they throw in that they can't complete current accounting without details of the apartment being used by the Chief Operating Officer's son, despite repeated requests for detail from Trump Org.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/14/donald-trump-organization-accountants-mazars-cut-ties

In a letter to the Trump Organization dated 9 February, William Kelly, US general counsel of the accountancy firm Mazars, said Trump’s financial statements for the period 30 June 2011 to 30 June 2020 “should no longer be replied upon and you should inform any recipients thereof who are currently relying upon one or more of those documents that those documents should not be relied upon”.

Mazars added it would no longer “provide any new work product to the Trump Organization”.

“While we have not concluded that the various financial statements, as a whole, contain material discrepancies, based on the totality of the circumstances, we believe our advice to no longer rely upon those financial statements is appropriate,” Mazars said in its letter to Alan Garten, the Trump Organization’s top lawyer.

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: February 15, 2022, 01:41:49 PM »
Trump Org's accountants, Mazars, have terminated their relationship, saying that they can do no new work for the former guy's organisation, and effectively stating that Trump Org has misled them over a period of around 10 years.

As a footnote, they throw in that they can't complete current accounting without details of the apartment being used by the Chief Operating Officer's son, despite repeated requests for detail from Trump Org.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/14/donald-trump-organization-accountants-mazars-cut-ties

In a letter to the Trump Organization dated 9 February, William Kelly, US general counsel of the accountancy firm Mazars, said Trump’s financial statements for the period 30 June 2011 to 30 June 2020 “should no longer be replied upon and you should inform any recipients thereof who are currently relying upon one or more of those documents that those documents should not be relied upon”.

Mazars added it would no longer “provide any new work product to the Trump Organization”.

“While we have not concluded that the various financial statements, as a whole, contain material discrepancies, based on the totality of the circumstances, we believe our advice to no longer rely upon those financial statements is appropriate,” Mazars said in its letter to Alan Garten, the Trump Organization’s top lawyer.
Sorry, but this sounds like a statement a hairstylist would make after making the first pass with the scissors.

Honestly, they perform and issue work for over 9 years, all the while. I'm sure, claiming it to be work of the highest, most reliable caliber.

And now, with all the aplomb of Gilda Radner, they issue:

LMMFAO!!!
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: February 15, 2022, 01:49:39 PM »
In real news, Durham finally announces Hillary really is a c)nt and the idiot we all already knew her to be. And Trump was at least right about the spying that was taking place on his campaign. They were also spying on him while he was in the office.

I'll just give you Sussman's response to the report. Make note Sussman doesn't deny any of the charges, he just complains they were made public prior to actually being charged. LOL!!!

https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/lbpgnwxdyvq/Sussmann-response-Durham-2022-02-14.pdf

Rama Set

« Reply #9463 on: February 15, 2022, 02:00:03 PM »
In real news, Durham finally announces Hillary really is a c)nt and the idiot we all already knew her to be. And Trump was at least right about the spying that was taking place on his campaign. They were also spying on him while he was in the office.

These are allegations and nothing more at this point.

I'll just give you Sussman's response to the report. Make note Sussman doesn't deny any of the charges, he just complains they were made public prior to actually being charged. LOL!!!

https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/lbpgnwxdyvq/Sussmann-response-Durham-2022-02-14.pdf

This is incorrect. In section 2 the statement asserts that the claims in the “factual background”, are false:

Rather, the Special Counsel has again made a filing in this case that unnecessarily includes prejudicial—and false—allegations that are irrelevant to his Motion and to the charged offense, and are plainly intended to politicize this case, inflame media coverage, and taint the jury pool.
(emphasis mine)

Obviously, since this statement is a response to the special motion, it doesn’t get in the weeds about what has been charged to date.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: February 15, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »

Sorry, but this sounds like a statement a hairstylist would make after making the first pass with the scissors.

Honestly, they perform and issue work for over 9 years, all the while. I'm sure, claiming it to be work of the highest, most reliable caliber.

Their work is only as good as the lies Trump tells them.  I'm sure they also didn't care he was lying to them, they get paid to do what he says after all.

LMMFAO!!!

My reaction exactly to Trumps lies starting to finally catch up to him.  He never should have run for President, he could have gone to his grave with nobody ever taking a close hard look at his businesses.  You could see his stunned, numb expression when he was sitting in the room with Obama wondering what had he just done.

Poor guy.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9465 on: February 15, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »

Ever heard of "the straw that broke the Camel's back" ???

They've stated they complied with all accounting standards. Many commentators indicate the subtext in this, which is that they have no further confidence in the documentation/figures Trump Org gave them.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: February 15, 2022, 03:29:27 PM »

These are allegations and nothing more at this point.
Allegations that happen to be part of criminal proceedings.

This is incorrect. In section 2 the statement asserts that the claims in the “factual background”, are false:

Rather, the Special Counsel has again made a filing in this case that unnecessarily includes prejudicial—and false—allegations that are irrelevant to his Motion and to the charged offense, and are plainly intended to politicize this case, inflame media coverage, and taint the jury pool.
(emphasis mine)

Obviously, since this statement is a response to the special motion, it doesn’t get in the weeds about what has been charged to date.
Actually, what I wrote is absolutely correct, as usual, and quite NORMAL.

Sussman doesn't deny the charges levied against him in the report.

He claims that some allegations, IRRELEVANT TO THE MOTION AND THE CHARGED OFFENSE, are false. : "the Special Counsel has again made a filing in this case that unnecessarily includes prejudicial—and false—allegations that are irrelevant to his Motion and to the charged offense,

So, as usual, I am CORRECT and you are INCORRECT.

Quit typing incorrect information and falsehoods.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:52:59 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: February 15, 2022, 03:34:14 PM »

Their work is only as good as the lies Trump tells them.  I'm sure they also didn't care he was lying to them, they get paid to do what he says after all.
LOL! Then why issue any statement at all if "they don't care."?

Do you think before you make any sort of comment?

LMMFAO!!!

My reaction exactly to Trumps lies starting to finally catch up to him.  He never should have run for President, he could have gone to his grave with nobody ever taking a close hard look at his businesses.  You could see his stunned, numb expression when he was sitting in the room with Obama wondering what had he just done.

Poor guy.
LOL! Yeah, right. A lifelong Democrat who is merely serving to further the NAZI agenda being demonized by DARPA AI bots on various forums and social media sites in an effort to make him look like a sympathetic hero to the other half.

LMMFAO!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:51:26 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: February 15, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »

Ever heard of "the straw that broke the Camel's back" ???

They've stated they complied with all accounting standards. Many commentators indicate the subtext in this, which is that they have no further confidence in the documentation/figures Trump Org gave them.
LOL! Any accountant worth their salt recognizes if numbers are off way before nine years roll around.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: February 15, 2022, 04:52:51 PM »
LOL! Any accountant worth their salt recognizes if numbers are off way before nine years roll around.

Doesn't that just make it worse?  If you say that the numbers were off, and the accountants should have said so earlier, doesn't that make your acceptance of Trump Orgs guilt?

Nearly?

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: February 15, 2022, 05:20:27 PM »
LOL! Then why issue any statement at all if "they don't care."?

Do you think before you make any sort of comment?

You need to work on your reading comprehension and stop misquoting people.  I never said "don't care" what I said is "didn't care". Thinking before commenting is good advice.

In English "don't" and "didn't" are not the same.  One is present tense and the other is past tense.

They didn't care as long as nobody was paying attention. Now that the justice dept and the IRS are involved and looking at them they care very much. They are not going to take the fall for this, and Trump should be worried they are going to spill all his dirty little secrets.

The worst for him will be revealing how much money he is actually worth after losing so much of daddies money.

LMMFAO!!!

Poor guy.
LOL! Yeah, right. A lifelong Democrat who is merely serving to further the NAZI agenda being demonized by DARPA AI bots on various forums and social media sites in an effort to make him look like a sympathetic hero to the other half.

LMMFAO!

In the Unite the Right rally the folks literally waving NAZI flags were Trump supporters. Those are Trump's people. NAZIs, Proud Boys and White Supremacists vote Trump. His people, he said it himself, and just ask them who they voted for. I didn't see a lot of White Supremacists voting for Obama.

“These people love me. These are my people,” - Trump

As for DARPA AI bots attacking Trump, uh, I don't see the point in arguing unsupported conspiracy theories. 

Rama Set

« Reply #9471 on: February 15, 2022, 05:40:30 PM »
Allegations that happen to be part of criminal proceedings.

Obviously. But guilt has not been established.

Actually, what I wrote is absolutely correct, as usual, and quite NORMAL.

Sussman doesn't deny the charges levied against him in the report.

He claims that some allegations, IRRELEVANT TO THE MOTION AND THE CHARGED OFFENSE, are false. : "the Special Counsel has again made a filing in this case that unnecessarily includes prejudicial—and false—allegations that are irrelevant to his Motion and to the charged offense,

So, as usual, I am CORRECT and you are INCORRECT.

Well the point of my post is that you are trying to make this in to some gotcha against HRC and Sussman, when it appears instead that nothing is amiss for the defense other than them asserting that some “factual background” is irrelevant and intended to be politically inflammatory. So if your only point is that Sussman hasn’t denied wrongdoing yet, when there hasn’t even been a preliminary hearing, well that’s pretty obvious. Were you expecting a bombshell press conference or something like you might see on “Suits”?

Quit typing incorrect information and falsehoods.

I haven’t, are you ok?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: February 15, 2022, 08:10:16 PM »
Who the hell told Action his ban was up?

Also:
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/15/1080407022/trump-vs-mcconnell-latest-round-between-gop-heavyweights-has-the-highest-stakes-

Long story short: McConnel has something of a backbone, but only because the RNC loves Trump and he does not.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: February 15, 2022, 08:58:51 PM »
Long story short: McConnel has something of a backbone, but only because the RNC loves Trump and he does not.

Yes he's got a soft, partially developed backbone now. But he still needs a chin and a penis.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: February 15, 2022, 10:07:19 PM »

Yes he's got a soft, partially developed backbone now. But he still needs a chin and a penis.

So he needs to grow a Boehner is what you're saying.  Boehner changed quite a bit after he retired.  Actually kinda liked the guy post term.  Perhaps Mitch has decided his time is over and so he's more willing to go against the Don if he won't be seeking reelection.
I hope you understand we're maintaining a valuable resource here....

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: February 16, 2022, 08:20:45 PM »

Also:
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/15/1080407022/trump-vs-mcconnell-latest-round-between-gop-heavyweights-has-the-highest-stakes-

Look, it was getting a bit exhausting having to manage over at the other place, I may have given him a hint...

That aside though, did anyone see Your Favorite President dropped his first Truth bomb? And his oldest child quickly and diligently screenshotted it to post on Twitter? Pretty sweet flex, right?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: February 16, 2022, 08:37:56 PM »

Also:

Look, it was getting a bit exhausting having to manage over at the other place, I may have given him a hint...

That aside though, did anyone see Your Favorite President dropped his first Truth bomb? And his oldest child quickly and diligently screenshotted it to post on Twitter? Pretty sweet flex, right?

???
My Favorite President is dead... Who are you talking about?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: February 16, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »

Also:

???
My Favorite President is dead... Who are you talking about?
Oh, sorry, I figured this had hit everyone's news feed already. I was referring to the self-declared Your Favorite President.

You can find screenshots at your favorite new outlet, it's on basically all of them now. Or, you can find it on Yahoo Sports, which is where all the good news is anyway.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: February 16, 2022, 11:52:35 PM »
In the midst of being investigated for mis-stating the value(s) of his properties up or down according to which way it benefits him, he puts out a statement admitting that the values of his properties are greater than that stated in the financial statements of the last ten years or so.

What a bozo.

In the midst his former CFO being investigated along with Trump Org over tax fraud with regards to company cars, his defence, paraphrased, is that "other folks are cheating on their company car tax too!"

What a bozo.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: February 19, 2022, 12:03:10 AM »
Depositions under oath for DJT, Ivanka and DT Junior in the next 21 days....

General Services Administration being leaned upon to revoke the lease on the Post Office building converted into Trump hotel...

Which will be the first bank to call in their debts, on the basis that the financial statements were used to mislead them?

Nearly?