Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #720 on: February 18, 2022, 12:14:00 PM »
You have a funny way of defining "debunked". From the version of the quote with links posted earlier:

Despite having referred to migrant detention centers under the Trump presidency as "cages",[15] The Hill refers to such under the tenure of the Biden junta merely as "shelter for young migrants".[16]

One article refers to it as "cages" and another article for Biden refers to it as "shelter for young migrants".

Rama Set's argument is that The Hill is quoting someone who calls it cages in the headline of their article, so it absolves them of bias, as if they did not choose to put that in the headline of their article, did not choose which sources to cite, and did not choose to publish it in that way.

Since all articles are composed of sources, which they are supposed to vet and selectively use to convey an intended story, arguing that they used a source is ludicrous, to say the least.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 12:19:36 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2022, 12:36:38 PM »
You have a funny way of defining "debunked". From the version of the quote with links posted earlier:

Despite having referred to migrant detention centers under the Trump presidency as "cages",[15] The Hill refers to such under the tenure of the Biden junta merely as "shelter for young migrants".[16]

One article refers to it as "cages" and another article for Biden refers to it as "shelter for young migrants".

Rama Set's argument is that The Hill is quoting someone who calls it cages in the headline of their article, so it absolves them of bias, as if they did not choose to put that in the headline of their article, did not choose which sources to cite, and did not choose to publish it in that way.

Since all articles are composed of sources, which they are supposed to vet and selectively use to convey an intended story, arguing that they used a source is ludicrous, to say the least.

That’s not all I said though, so you are doing a shitty job of rebutting what I said. Even more importantly, the second story is referring to the facility in its entirety and not just the enclosures. Conservapedia is not comparing apples to apples, so the comparison is not apt.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 18, 2022, 12:42:01 PM »
The second article could have referred to the cages or focused more on the inhumane conditions, but it didn't.

The cages article leads with:

The Texas warehouse where migrants were housed in chain link "cages" has been closed for humane renovations.

The second article leads with:

President Biden on Friday pledged that a shelter for young migrants in Texas “won’t stay open very long” amid bipartisan criticism over his administration's decision to reopen the facility for migrants ages 13 to 17.

It could have referred to the facility as being criticized for placing migrants in cages.

It could have been an article about inhumane conditions.

It could have expended more on the "bipartisan criticism" mentioned.

But no, the article intently cites a quote downplaying the use of the facility, that it "won't be open for very long" (like Fauci's two weeks to flatten the curve program no doubt). The article about the facility under Trump was clearly more focused on the inhumane conditions.

Alternatively, the first cages article could have been primarily focused on downplaying the situation like it did so for Biden in the second article. But no again. The cages article could have been primarily focused on the Republican response to that like the second article is primarily about the Democrat response. They did not choose to do that. They painted one article negatively and the other article in a more positive light. These are clearly biased articles.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:15:23 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #723 on: February 18, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »
You assuming the intent of an action that was not taken is not sufficient to prove bias. You have already lost part of this battle because the article has a critical viewpoint of Biden for reopening the facility to children, but you feel like it had to go further. You need to show that only unbiased journalism would have referred to the facility as having had cages.  You need to show that quoting someone referring to cages is worse than reporting that Biden is going to reopen the practice of detaining minors and that Biden’s actions are objectively as worthy of criticism. This would be actually controlling for different variables, something you hold in high esteem.

As it stands, not choosing to use the exact same language as they used years before, seems extremely reasonable and not necessarily indicative of bias. Once you’ve handled this we can move on to the other problems with your shitty source that I previously outlined.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2022, 03:48:09 PM »
So, we are going to trust the idiot who hands out these:

to the citizenry of his own country as to what constitutes mistreatment of citizens in an entirely separate country.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #725 on: March 04, 2022, 04:02:36 PM »

to the citizenry of his own country as to what constitutes mistreatment of citizens in an entirely separate country.

Handing out clean and safe drug paraphernalia is a net positive public health initiative. It’s part of a productive switch to treating drug abuse as health and social issues rather than a moral failing that should be criminally punished.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 04, 2022, 05:14:46 PM »

Handing out clean and safe drug paraphernalia is a net positive public health initiative. It’s part of a productive switch to treating drug abuse as health and social issues rather than a moral failing that should be criminally punished.
While agreeing that drugs should be legalized, it is a strange mind that conceives smoking or injecting methamphetamine or crack cocaine is a net positive for anyone's health, let alone the overall health of the general populace. I am sure you do not consider drug-induced psychosis or any of the other aspects of mental health impacted by the use of drugs as a "health problem."

I have read and seen a lot of funny shit in my life and your statement it is net health positive to continue use of methamphetamine and crack cocaine is right up there with them all. Family members suffer absolutely no psychological issues watching their loved ones go from this:

to this:

Handing out free paraphernalia so people do not need to worry about "getting sick," from their "crack pipe," is some real laughable shit.

I'm not at all surprised you support this kind of NAZI crap, being from the country that loves its AVRO Brigade memes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 06:20:44 PM by Action80 »

Rama Set

« Reply #727 on: March 04, 2022, 06:51:50 PM »
The net benefit is that you reduce hygiene associated risks with drug use; you also destigmatize drug use to a limited degree. Unless addiction is treated medically and the root causes of drug abuse are addressed in a meaningful way, then there is little to be done to reduce the amount of people abusing drugs.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2022, 06:54:22 PM »
Handing out free paraphernalia so people do not need to worry about "getting sick," from their "crack pipe," is some real laughable shit.
Before I say anything, please excuse me if some of my depictions of drug use are inaccurate. I'm a boring guy, I smoked weed a few times in my life, and that's about as wild as it gets. But:

Imagine a drug addict. He's addicted, he won't just abandon his habit without a huge amount of hard work and support from his surroundings. So, at least for now, he's gonna keep doing drugs. This is a bad thing, but it's a thing that's happening.

But, within this scenario, there are two sub-scenarios:
  • He injects himself with a re-used and unsanitary syringe, exposing himself to additional risk.
  • At least he gets a clean syringe. Still bad, but less deadly.

The second option is not good, it's just less bad.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 04, 2022, 06:59:49 PM »
The net benefit is that you reduce hygiene associated risks with drug use; you also destigmatize drug use to a limited degree. Unless addiction is treated medically and the root causes of drug abuse are addressed in a meaningful way, then there is little to be done to reduce the amount of people abusing drugs.
Oh yes, I am absolutely sure the persons walking the streets, avoiding the used drug needles and other discarded paraphernalia, swell with confidence, knowing since the pipe or needle was authorized as "CLEAN," by Uncle Hairy Legs, there is nothing to fear.

Jesus Christ.

Again, let's not bullshit anyone.

Using drugs such as methamphetamine and crack cocaine is not healthy.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 04, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »
Before I say anything, please excuse me if some of my depictions of drug use are inaccurate. I'm a boring guy, I smoked weed a few times in my life, and that's about as wild as it gets. But:

Imagine a drug addict. He's addicted, he won't just abandon his habit without a huge amount of hard work and support from his surroundings. So, at least for now, he's gonna keep doing drugs. This is a bad thing, but it's a thing that's happening.

But, within this scenario, there are two sub-scenarios:
  • He injects himself with a re-used and unsanitary syringe, exposing himself to additional risk.
  • At least he gets a clean syringe. Still bad, but less deadly.

The second option is not good, it's just less bad.
When you use drugs like methamphetamine or crack cocaine, the last thing to be concerned about is hygiene.

Ask any addict.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 04, 2022, 08:23:36 PM »
When you use drugs like methamphetamine or crack cocaine, the last thing to be concerned about is hygiene.
Well, that's kinda the point. It's not on the top of their priority list, so if it's in any way difficult, it gets abandoned. By making it easy, we make their lives slightly less miserable.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 04, 2022, 09:55:07 PM »
No comment on the fact that the Biden Administration lied about it and that it is illegal to distribute drug paraphernalia?

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/fact-check-team-is-the-federal-government-really-handing-out-drug-paraphernalia-glass-meth-crack-pipes-drugs

WASHINGTON (TND) — Are your tax dollars going to be spent on government-provided drug paraphernalia?

It’s a headline that has been dominating social media all week. The White House says the reports are false yet now elected leaders are taking action to stop federal funding of pipes made for drug use.

The Fact Check Team has been looking into the issue to see what is actually behind this government-funded program and how it could impact communities across the U.S.

The first notable mention of this program came on Monday when the Washington Free Beacon put out a story titled, “Biden Admin To Fund Crack Pipe Distribution To Advance ‘Racial Equity.’”

The story claims that a $30 million grant program funded by the Department of Health and Human Services will provide money to help make drug use safer for addicts, including smoking kits.

It says an HHS spokesperson “told the Washington Free Beacon that these kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine,” and “any illicit substance.”

The White House also denied the claims on Wednesday saying, “They were never a part of the kit; it was inaccurate reporting.”

~

On Friday, the Washington Free Beacon doubled down on their claims publishing a story headlined, “The Biden Administration Thinks You’re Stupid,” alleging that the White House only backed down on their plan to distribute the durg paraphernalia after their initial reporting.

When asked about this, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said glass pipes were “never a part of the kit; it was inaccurate reporting. And we wanted to put out information to make that clear.”

So what is actually in these safe smoke kits?

Pskai said the kits may contain alcohol swabs, lip balm and other materials meant to promote hygiene and reduce the transmission of diseases.

When it comes to these kits, there isn’t a standard. Different organizations have different lists of things that they offer as part of safe smoking kits but under Title 21 of federal law, drug paraphernalia is illegal.

So the HHS response about their grant funds that “Harm reduction programs that use federal funding must adhere to federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and other requirements related to such programs or services” means no pipes or drug paraphernalia because they are illegal to include.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:28:30 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 04, 2022, 10:38:41 PM »
No comment on the fact that the Biden Administration lied about it and that it is illegal to distribute?

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/fact-check-team-is-the-federal-government-really-handing-out-drug-paraphernalia-glass-meth-crack-pipes-drugs

WASHINGTON (TND) — Are your tax dollars going to be spent on government-provided drug paraphernalia?

It’s a headline that has been dominating social media all week. The White House says the reports are false yet now elected leaders are taking action to stop federal funding of pipes made for drug use.

The Fact Check Team has been looking into the issue to see what is actually behind this government-funded program and how it could impact communities across the U.S.

The first notable mention of this program came on Monday when the Washington Free Beacon put out a story titled, “Biden Admin To Fund Crack Pipe Distribution To Advance ‘Racial Equity.’”

The story claims that a $30 million grant program funded by the Department of Health and Human Services will provide money to help make drug use safer for addicts, including smoking kits.

It says an HHS spokesperson “told the Washington Free Beacon that these kits will provide pipes for users to smoke crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine,” and “any illicit substance.”

The White House also denied the claims on Wednesday saying, “They were never a part of the kit; it was inaccurate reporting.”

~

On Friday, the Washington Free Beacon doubled down on their claims publishing a story headlined, “The Biden Administration Thinks You’re Stupid,” alleging that the White House only backed down on their plan to distribute the durg paraphernalia after their initial reporting.

When asked about this, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said glass pipes were “never a part of the kit; it was inaccurate reporting. And we wanted to put out information to make that clear.”

So what is actually in these safe smoke kits?

Pskai said the kits may contain alcohol swabs, lip balm and other materials meant to promote hygiene and reduce the transmission of diseases.

When it comes to these kits, there isn’t a standard. Different organizations have different lists of things that they offer as part of safe smoking kits but under Title 21 of federal law, drug paraphernalia is illegal.

So the HHS response about their grant funds that “Harm reduction programs that use federal funding must adhere to federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and other requirements related to such programs or services” means no pipes or drug paraphernalia because they are illegal to include.

LOL, you fucking hypocrite. Keep trolling. A president lying never mattered to you when his name was Trump.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 04, 2022, 10:42:05 PM »
Well, that's kinda the point. It's not on the top of their priority list, so if it's in any way difficult, it gets abandoned. By making it easy, we make their lives slightly less miserable.
What type of plan do you think Uncle Hairy Legs should introduce to keep the addicts from shitting and urinating on the streets, in order to preserve and perhaps increase public health?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2022, 10:44:36 PM »
LOL, you fucking hypocrite. Keep trolling. A president lying never mattered to you when his name was Trump.
The Trump thread is further down the board.

Do you think a child was rubbing his leg when Biden approved this approach?

Rama Set

« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2022, 11:20:17 AM »
What type of plan do you think Uncle Hairy Legs should introduce to keep the addicts from shitting and urinating on the streets, in order to preserve and perhaps increase public health?

Help create affordable housing and try to break the cycle of poverty by decoupling education from property taxes.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »

You have a problem if you think that it's okay for someone to lie and do wrong things because you think that someone else did a wrong thing.

Rama Set

« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2022, 06:14:00 PM »

You have a problem if you think that it's okay for someone to lie and do wrong things because you think that someone else did a wrong thing.

Very important note: Roundy never said it was ok.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2022, 08:46:02 PM »

Very important note: Roundy never said it was ok.

He implied that it was okay, by trying to justify it with a ludicrous two wrongs make a right fallacy. Another "But Trump!!!" excuse. Can't you liberals ever own up to your own faults?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 08:50:06 PM by Tom Bishop »