Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Satellite dishes in Norfolk, Virginia
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
I've been vacationing in Norfolk and across the street of the hotel I was staying was a four story radio or tv station (WGNT). On the roof were satellite dishes and the interesting part was they were pointed south at about a 45 degree angle. If the flat earth theory is true and satillites don't exist then what are these dishes pointed at?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

İntikam

Re: Satellite dishes in Norfolk, Virginia
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
There are some transmitters over all around the big cities. And the transmitters usually on high points on. For example in Istanbul almost all of the transmitters are on the same mountain that has the 267 metres altitude. If you in 267 metres circle around it, your actenna must be 45 degrees to see it.

I was thinking maybe the sattelites exist but after holliday i changed my idea and now i'm thinking that the sattelites are not exist. Because when i'm travelling in a big city, all of the tv channels seems as perfect and when i was at a secluded place the tv channels don't seems good, insomuch that near of some villages tv channels don't seem. This situation shows there is no sattelites but strong transmitters all over the all big cities.

And GPS sattelites never working on secluded places on Turkey. But when i arrive a city, then GPS stars to working again.

I think its means nothing the angle of antenna, the most important thing if the radio waves arrives the antenna or not. The angle is not so important.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
There are some transmitters over all around the big cities. And the transmitters usually on high points on. For example in Istanbul almost all of the transmitters are on the same mountain that has the 267 metres altitude. If you in 267 metres circle around it, your actenna must be 45 degrees to see it.

Anywhere within that 267 metre circle the dishes must be at 45 degrees to see the transmitter?

Even if the dish were only 10 metres away from the center point it would still have to be at 45 degrees to see the transmitter?  How would this work exactly?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:58:42 PM »

But there's nothing like that where I was vacationing. Norfolk is near the sea and the nearest mountain is miles away. The tallest building that I could see that was near by was the hotel I was staying in and it didn't had a radio tower and was too low for the satellite dishes.

I was thinking maybe the sattelites exist but after holliday i changed my idea and now i'm thinking that the sattelites are not exist. Because when i'm travelling in a big city, all of the tv channels seems as perfect and when i was at a secluded place the tv channels don't seems good, insomuch that near of some villages tv channels don't seem. This situation shows there is no sattelites but strong transmitters all over the all big cities.

Was it Dish network or any other satellite dish system?

And GPS sattelites never working on secluded places on Turkey. But when i arrive a city, then GPS stars to working again.

Maybe that's something weird with GPS in Turkey. They work elsewhere in rural areas here in the USA.

I think its means nothing the angle of antenna, the most important thing if the radio waves arrives the antenna or not. The angle is not so important.

If the angle is not important then why are they pointed at a specific direction?

İntikam

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 01:41:26 PM »

1- But there's nothing like that where I was vacationing. Norfolk is near the sea and the nearest mountain is miles away. The tallest building that I could see that was near by was the hotel I was staying in and it didn't had a radio tower and was too low for the satellite dishes.

2- Was it Dish network or any other satellite dish system?

3- Maybe that's something weird with GPS in Turkey. They work elsewhere in rural areas here in the USA.

4- If the angle is not important then why are they pointed at a specific direction?

1-

The angle of the antenna is saving the antenna from the weak wawes coming from the waves near and down.

2-  What is the difference for us?

3- There is nothing weird on Turkey. I'm believing all of the Middle east like this. because the dish network (transmitter network) does not include every location. But in America probably it does. I think there is transmitter on desolate mountains in US.

4- I'm believing horizontal direction is important but vertically angle is not so. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:43:01 PM by İntikam »

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »

1- But there's nothing like that where I was vacationing. Norfolk is near the sea and the nearest mountain is miles away. The tallest building that I could see that was near by was the hotel I was staying in and it didn't had a radio tower and was too low for the satellite dishes.

3- Maybe that's something weird with GPS in Turkey. They work elsewhere in rural areas here in the USA.

4- If the angle is not important then why are they pointed at a specific direction?

1-

The angle of the antenna is saving the antenna from the weak wawes coming from the waves near and down.

But in other places elsewhere in the United States the dishes are pointed at lower and higher angles. How do you explain that?

I'm trying to make sure its not an antenna or something.

3- There is nothing weird on Turkey. I'm believing all of the Middle east like this. because the dish network (transmitter network) does not include every location. But in America probably it does. I think there is transmitter on desolate mountains in US.

Some places like the mid west and Florida are flat. The rest of what you said are more apt for someone who knows more about satellites than we do to answer. Though I think you put the ones who do know more on ignore.

4- I'm believing horizontal direction is important but vertically angle is not so.
If that's the case then why are they pointed at a specific angle?

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 11:16:51 PM »

1-

Then you are believing rubbish. The angle of the dish is absolutely critical in determining the gain of the antenna.
For an antenna to function it must be pointed at an angle where all the incident waves are reflected at the receiver element.
In the diagram you posted most of the waves will be reflected away from the receiver.

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »

1-

Then you are believing rubbish. The angle of the dish is absolutely critical in determining the gain of the antenna.
For an antenna to function it must be pointed at an angle where all the incident waves are reflected at the receiver element.
In the diagram you posted most of the waves will be reflected away from the receiver.

The problem with most posts like this , which is probably from a flat earther, seems to be that  they have some idea of their own but have no interest in doing a litle homework or research to find out how things really work. From personal expereince I know that a lot of theory and practice is involved in antennas. But the average layman most likely is not aware all of the details involved.

Look at it this way. Take a telescope. To see something you have to aim the telescope in  the right directiion AND the right angle to see something . Same for antennas.

Of course flat earth is rubbish anyway.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:24:44 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56:26 PM »
Look at it this way. Take a telescope. To see something you have to aim the telescope in  the right directiion AND the right angle to see something . Same for antennas.

Um... I'm no expert at telescope/antenna aiming... but isn't the direction and angle the same thing?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 12:46:46 AM »

Um... I'm no expert at telescope/antenna aiming... but isn't the direction and angle the same thing?

I can point south but at what angle?

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 05:46:36 AM »

Negative.

To take Intikam's earlier statement/example:  "For example in Istanbul almost all of the transmitters are on the same mountain that has the 267 metres altitude. If you in 267 metres circle around it, your actenna must be 45 degrees to see it."

The direction in which you would aim your dish would be determined by your location along the arc (0-360 degrees of the compass), relative to the transmitters.

The angle you would use in aiming your dish would be determined by your linear location (vertically and horizontally), relative to the transmitters.  From the example above considering an antenna mounted at the edge of the 267 meter circle and zero meters of altitude, the antenna may operate best at a 45 degree angle.  The same antenna mounted at the 276 meter edge but 100 meters of elevation would need to be set at a different angle to operate as efficiently as the antenna mounted at zero meters of altitude.

The angle, for efficient operation, of the antenna will also change as it is moved closer to the transmitter.

İntikam

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »
But in other places elsewhere in the United States the dishes are pointed at lower and higher angles. How do you explain that?

I think it's a matter about interference of the radio vawes. I'm not a satellite dealer please don't ask me some complex questions like this.  :)

I'm telling what they are. Almost all of them are sattelite antennas and just a few closed-circuit broadcast. You can see what are they on the photos anywhere in Istanbul.

Some places like the mid west and Florida are flat. The rest of what you said are more apt for someone who knows more about satellites than we do to answer. Though I think you put the ones who do know more on ignore.

It is not my problem some of rounders are rudes. I'm sorry i can't dropped my quality to their level. But you are free to do that.

No they are not pointed at the spesific angle. The tecnical personnel comes and find the location with the method of "trial and error". Find the right place when stabilizes .

I check some photos and videos from Camlica hill that showing the different directions and angles of the antennas. I think it shows there is a main transmitter and there are some little transmitters. So antennas directions to very different locations. None of them about the sattelites. None of them looking to space.

Next a few days i'll get here some photos and videos shows how is the directions of the antennas different than their neighbors.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:14:32 PM by İntikam »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 04:00:07 PM »
No they are not pointed at the spesific angle. The tecnical personnel comes and find the location with the method of "trial and error". Find the right place when stabilizes

That's not the best way to do it.  I suppose it might be possible to acquire the signal by trial and error, but it is far, far easier if you know the correct bearing and elevation angles and point the dish where the satellite is.  From there, you adjust a little up/down and left/right to get the strongest signal.

I check some photos and videos from Camlica hill that showing the different directions and angles of the antennas. I think it shows there is a main transmitter and there are some little transmitters. So antennas directions to very different locations. None of them about the sattelites. None of them looking to space.

Or....there is more than one satellite.  Different providers use different satellites, each in a different spot on the geostationary orbital path.  In fact some providers have multiple satellites of their own, see the current fleet of Turksat satellites for example.  There are four of them in service now, and more to come.  These all operate at a 42°E orbital location, probably because that offers good coverage in Turkey specifically.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 04:05:55 AM »

I think it's a matter about interference of the radio vawes. I'm not a satellite dealer please don't ask me some complex questions like this.  :)

I'm telling what they are. Almost all of them are sattelite antennas and just a few closed-circuit broadcast. You can see what are they on the photos anywhere in Istanbul.

It is not my problem some of rounders are rudes. I'm sorry i can't dropped my quality to their level. But you are free to do that.

No they are not pointed at the spesific angle. The tecnical personnel comes and find the location with the method of "trial and error". Find the right place when stabilizes .

Next a few days i'll get here some photos and videos shows how is the directions of the antennas different than their neighbors.

So you're saying the guy who sells or comes out to install/setup a satellite dish has more knowledge on the issue than you do but you will still try to make everyone believe you've got some special knowledge of satellite operation which proves, for you, that the flat Earth is a real thing.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 04:59:32 AM »
So you're saying [proffessional person] has more knowledge on the issue than you do but you will still try to make everyone believe you've got some special knowledge of [proffession] which proves, for you, that the flat Earth is a real thing.

I removed the specifics, and reveal Intikam's M.O. in a nutshell, and a good summary of his entire posting history.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 05:24:46 AM »

I' m not an expert on telescopes terminology.
But in radio usage, direction is the horizontal  or compass direction of the antenna. Usually 360 degrees.
Angle is the vertical or up and down tilt of the antenna.. Usually 90 degrees.
For example an antenna might be pointed north in a direction of 0 degrees and tilted upward at an angle of 45 degrees.

I remember something from some old navy history books. Old manually operated anti-aircraft guns.
A gunner who did the actual firing of the gun.
An operator who turned the gun in a horizontal motion (Direction)
An operator who turned the gun in a vertical motion-up and down (Angle)
I'm a little rusty on this but I think they where called gunner, poiinter and trainer. Have to some research on this.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 12:28:39 PM »

Anywhere within that 267 metre circle the dishes must be at 45 degrees to see the transmitter?

Even if the dish were only 10 metres away from the center point it would still have to be at 45 degrees to see the transmitter?  How would this work exactly?

My Year 9 Maths class could explain that to Intikam.... using a decent diagram and the tan rule you can prove that as you get closer to the mountain the angle to the ground of the dish will increase !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!