Offline Chris C

• View Profile

Fast Forward to 18:57

23:27 Pay close attention to this part.

The line of sight was never broken by the curve of the earth do to the elevation of the island. Though he still ask how can anyone see over such curvature?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:22:27 AM by Chris C »

Classic.

"Let's see how far it is before it hits the water..."

*scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll* Oh crap it doesn't hit the water... oh crap oh crap

"Look at all that curvature... hiding...."

Abort! Abort! Zoom out! Zoom out! Maybe if I just keep talking nobody will notice...

To be fair, he doesn't exactly prove the curvature of the earth with this. He DOES disprove his own proof against curvature though.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
This is a good demonstration of why people believe certain things and have the ability to fool themselves.

I do not think he deliberately tried to hide that the LOS was not obscured.  If he wanted to do that he would have just not posted the video or edited it.  He clearly shows it was not obscured.  He then states observer height was not that important, yet demonstrated he understood how to correctly determine the visible horizon from the observer.

I like seeing things like this since it makes me evaluate things I think.  Makes me wonder what things I believe are simply a result of this type of behavior.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:59:06 AM by Woody »

İntikam

The man who created that video calculated the altitude caused by curvature as 6 feet. But theorically it must be 1433 feet. If i understand the video true, he disproved the earth's curvature. not prove.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
The man who created that video calculated the altitude caused by curvature as 6 feet. But theorically it must be 1433 feet. If i understand the video true, he disproved the earth's curvature. not prove.

No. Using his own calculations he showed that someone should be able to see part of the island.

Watch the video again and pay attention to where it shows the height on his graph of the island and the sight line drawn.

Without considering refraction an observer should be able to see about 250 feet of the upper part of the island.

I also lived in Hawaii and have been to that area and think it is possible that may be another island with higher mountains he is looking at.  Not 100% sure, but think it is possible he is mistaken.

İntikam

No. Using his own calculations he showed that someone should be able to see part of the island.

Watch the video again and pay attention to where it shows the height on his graph of the island and the sight line drawn.

Without considering refraction an observer should be able to see about 250 feet of the upper part of the island.

I also lived in Hawaii and have been to that area and think it is possible that may be another island with higher mountains he is looking at.  Not 100% sure, but think it is possible he is mistaken.

Yes. I said what i see and understand. I don't want to debate about this matter because altough i said only what i see and understand from watching video. If you think different, its caused by your perspective. It's not needed to debate, the video is clearly understandable. This debate is nonsence I just said what i see and you are saying it is wrong, this is a nonsence. You are acting a nonsence. I just said what i see, i did'nt debate to anyone, why are you targeting me. True or not, i'm not  ambitious, just said what i see. Thats all. Its not needed to debate.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:49:55 AM by İntikam »

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile

Yes. I said what i see and understand. I don't want to debate about this matter because altough i said only what i see and understand from watching video. If you think different, its caused by your perspective. It's not needed to debate, the video is clearly understandable. This debate is nonsence I just said what i see and you are saying it is wrong, this is a nonsence. You are acting a nonsence. I just said what i see, i did'nt debate to anyone, why are you targeting me. True or not, i'm not  ambitious, just said what i see. Thats all. Its not needed to debate.
Hi Inti,
But this is a debate forum! It exists in order for us to debate.
This debate is not nonsense!

Offline Woody

• View Profile

You should expect people replying and challenging your statements you make on a public forum.  I notice you seem to have a problem with people responding to things you post. 

Maybe you should tell people which comments are ok to comment on and which are not.  Just a simple comment in your post saying it is ok to reply or it is not ok to reply.

There is also a section of these forums just for FE's to post. You will be less likely to have people question the things you post.

As for why I targeted you, you made a comment in the debate forum I did not agree with.  So pointed out in the video where he demonstrated without knowing it that the island should be visible.

Maybe it is a culture thing.  In the US it is expected to debate views in public forums.  I wish it was done in a more polite manner in most cases.

İntikam

You should expect people replying and challenging your statements you make on a public forum.  I notice you seem to have a problem with people responding to things you post. 

Maybe you should tell people which comments are ok to comment on and which are not.  Just a simple comment in your post saying it is ok to reply or it is not ok to reply.

There is also a section of these forums just for FE's to post. You will be less likely to have people question the things you post.

As for why I targeted you, you made a comment in the debate forum I did not agree with.  So pointed out in the video where he demonstrated without knowing it that the island should be visible.

Maybe it is a culture thing.  In the US it is expected to debate views in public forums.  I wish it was done in a more polite manner in most cases.

Oh what kind of demagogy are you doing.

I did't tell you don't debate just i said this matter don't need to debate. I told just what i see and you are debatin g it. It is nonsence. blah cultural differences. them of talking nonsense . childish and ignorance. Just i told my post about only what i see, it is not needed to debate. You see something as red and i see it green. Is it possible? Yes, if you are color-blind, it is possible. So my try don't means anything for you because you are a blind. And i don't try to change your idea about what you see because i know you are a blind. But you don't want to understand me why.

This discussion is moving towards a ridiculous direction because you are moving unnecessarily subject although not required. It is easy to understand what i'm talking about but You do not do it intentionally. I don't know why do you do that but your wording same somebody here constantly aggressor. This is your choise, why do you be an aggressor, don't be it. Your avatar seems like a bit cute that talking about you are a quiet and compliant one. But your this action looks like same about whose are agressors here. So what is your difference? Nothing. hey what are you? Some computer programs or what? Why do you fake? Why don't you real? Why don't you be real? Why don't you be somebody as a normal human?

I didn't say i debate only believers. I just want to talk with normal human. Normal men and normal women. But you mister, you and others are not acting normal. Almost all rounders have some psychological problems here. And i'm not a doctor can treat these. If i try it, I could you be more patient. So when i found a men or women that have some psikologic problems, directly ignoring him. Because i'm not a doctor you and others just need him.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:52:47 PM by İntikam »

Offline Woody

• View Profile

I did't tell you don't debate just i said this matter don't need to debate. I told just what i see and you are debatin g it. It is nonsence. blah cultural differences. them of talking nonsense . childish and ignorance. Just i told my post about only what i see, it is not needed to debate. You see something as red and i see it green. Is it possible? Yes, if you are color-blind, it is possible. So my try don't means anything for you because you are a blind. And i don't try to change your idea about what you see because i know you are a blind. But you don't want to understand me why.

This discussion is moving towards a ridiculous direction because you are moving unnecessarily subject although not required. It is easy to understand what i'm talking about but You do not do it intentionally. I don't know why do you do that but your wording same somebody here constantly aggressor. This is your choise, why do you be an aggressor, don't be it. Your avatar seems like a bit cute that talking about you are a quiet and compliant one. But your this action looks like same about whose are agressors here. So what is your difference? Nothing. hey what are you? Some computer programs or what? Why do you fake? Why don't you real? Why don't you be real? Why don't you be somebody as a normal human?

I didn't say i debate only believers. I just want to talk with normal human. Normal men and normal women. But you mister, you and others are not acting normal. Almost all rounders have some psychological problems here. And i'm not a doctor can treat these. If i try it, I could you be more patient. So when i found a men or women that have some psikologic problems, directly ignoring him. Because i'm not a doctor you and others just need him.

So replying to your comments in a public forum, without resorting to insults and just pointing out where I think you are wrong is a sign I have mental problems?

Is it just replying to you or does that include everyone in agreement with you?

Would I be showing signs of a mental disorder if I post my disagreement with an RE'er?

What things are people allowed to disagree with you on and post about that do not demonstrate a mental problem?

I offered you a method to help avoid people responding to a post you do not want people to respond to. Just put,"please do not respond", at the end.  That way people will know when it is ok to reply.

I am finding it hard to understand why someone is having issues we people responding to things they type on a public forum.  I would understand if the responses were just calling you names or not relating to the comment you made.

geckothegeek

IMHO it is the flat earthers who have the psychological disorders.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:11:39 PM by geckothegeek »

İntikam

You are ignored. (aggressive that not requered) = psychological disorders.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:04:49 PM by İntikam »

İntikam

So replying to your comments in a public forum, without resorting to insults and just pointing out where I think you are wrong is a sign I have mental problems?

Is it just replying to you or does that include everyone in agreement with you?

Would I be showing signs of a mental disorder if I post my disagreement with an RE'er?

What things are people allowed to disagree with you on and post about that do not demonstrate a mental problem?

I offered you a method to help avoid people responding to a post you do not want people to respond to. Just put,"please do not respond", at the end.  That way people will know when it is ok to reply.

I am finding it hard to understand why someone is having issues we people responding to things they type on a public forum.  I would understand if the responses were just calling you names or not relating to the comment you made.

You know what i mean but deliberately you're talking about different things. You are acting as don't understand me but actually you know what i mean.

To debating an issue that not requered to discuss it shows there is a problem. Then i'm ignoring them. If you think i need to see what you are thinking, then please change the style. If you think i don't need to see what you are thinking, then go ahead, you'll see i don't care what you thinking. As a result i just warned. it's your choice to act or not to act accordingly.

I don't need to ignore you but warning you.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
You are ignored. (aggressive that not requered) = psychological disorders.

Welcome to the club, Gecko!
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice