Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Vote Bernie Out In 2024
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:09:28 AM »
If he isn't dead by then, anyway. This should make totallackey happy, but I am unequivocally renouncing any support for Bernard. I mostly gave up on him after he endorsed rapist Joe Biden, but missing a rather important amendment vote is the proverbial straw.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/limits-on-fbi-access-to-search-histories-fails-by-one-senate-vote/

Also Dianne Feinstein can get fucked. Good job making Rand Paul look like the sane one in congress, dipshits. Guess it is time to go full Libertarian or AnCap.

Neolibs, shitlibs, (basically anyone who identifies as a liberal) don't @ me and also get fucked.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Bernie Out In 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 05:59:05 AM »
Depends on why he missed it.  Maybe he was sick and skipped it because he had to.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 02:46:33 PM »
He could have asked another senator to help him vote by proxy if he was sick or otherwise unable to attend the vote. Unless they're deliberately recusing themselves, there's no excuse for members of Congress to be missing votes like this. This is literally their job.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:27 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:49:14 PM »
You know how senate rules are.  Its possible he had to be physically present.  I dunno, just seems odd he'd skip it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 05:54:48 PM »
Upon further research, I have discovered that proxy voting in the Senate is only allowed during committee votes, not floor votes:

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/explainer-proxy-voting-in-congress/

So much for that. Still, he should have been there.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 08:36:34 PM »
I watched Wyden and Daines both try and rally the senate to vote for their amendment. It was a no-brainer. And I can't imagine a single incumbent senator would have faced any backlash from their actual constituents. It is infuriating that something like this didn't go through. It should have been unanimous.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »
I don't believe in most conspiracy theories but I fully believe that when bills are voted down, it's rigged.

What I mean is these things almost ALWAYS come down to 1 vote.  It's crazy how often it happens.  Not coincidence.

Everyone knows how the votes are going down, so whatever party wants to kill the bill votes JUST enough to kill it so they provide cover to those that can safely vote yes and still see it die.

So if Bernie was there, it still would have been defeated, the other side just would have switched one yes vote to no.

Rama Set

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 09:23:46 PM »
Votes are always a negotiation between stakeholders. This isn’t a secret and certainly not a conspiracy.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 12:49:23 AM »
I share your bitter disappointment for race.  I haven't followed what happened with this surveillance vote.  Regarding Biden, Trump, Sanders etc, all I can say is don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 01:56:53 AM »
Guess it is time to go full Libertarian or AnCap.
You could join the GOP. They have a nice elephant on their logo instead of a jackass. They also like guns and country music and nascar. Also Sarah Palin > Michelle Obama.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 02:11:44 AM »
Guess it is time to go full Libertarian or AnCap.
You could join the GOP. They have a nice elephant on their logo instead of a jackass. They also like guns and country music and nascar. Also Sarah Palin > Michelle Obama.

Thork likes his women stupid and shallow.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 03:21:12 PM »
I don't find Sarah Palin attractive at all, and have always been mystified by the insistence among conservatives that she's totally gorgeous. She's just an average-looking middle-aged woman.

I watched Wyden and Daines both try and rally the senate to vote for their amendment. It was a no-brainer. And I can't imagine a single incumbent senator would have faced any backlash from their actual constituents. It is infuriating that something like this didn't go through. It should have been unanimous.

I think it might be a generational thing. Most members of Congress didn't grow up with the Internet, and a significant chunk of them are no doubt entirely tech illiterate. They probably don't understand how intrusive it is to be snooping around people's Internet history, or what that even means.

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 03:33:37 PM »
I don't find Sarah Palin attractive at all, and have always been mystified by the insistence among conservatives that she's totally gorgeous.

Eye of the beholder, etc...

She's just an average-looking middle-aged woman.
Implying Thork won’t throw himself at the first woman not to walk away from him.

Anyone think the emoluments lawsuit against Trump is going to go anywhere? Seems like another shit slinging contest despite the merits.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 05:57:15 PM »
I share your bitter disappointment for race.  I haven't followed what happened with this surveillance vote.  Regarding Biden, Trump, Sanders etc, all I can say is don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
Since Sanders isn't relevant anymore, saying "don't let terrible be the enemy of abysmal" is a more accurate reflection of the current situation.

You could join the GOP.
I did that when I was 18. And then I stopped be a moron shortly thereafter.

I don't find Sarah Palin attractive at all
What an incredibly weird thing to say. You do know women don't exist to make you tingly, right?

Anyone think the emoluments lawsuit against Trump is going to go anywhere? Seems like another shit slinging contest despite the merits.
There is already a Trump thread. This thread is to remind everyone how worthless liberals are.

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 06:20:24 PM »
I thought I was in the Trump thread.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 06:26:35 PM »
What an incredibly weird thing to say. You do know women don't exist to make you tingly, right?

Yes, I'm sure it's her intelligence and integrity that Thork admires about her, how dare honk assume he was talking about her tits.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »

Yes, I'm sure it's her intelligence and integrity that Thork admires about her, how dare honk assume he was talking about her tits.

I mean, he could have made that point without the misogynistic objectification of how she makes his penis feel...

Anyway, the thread also isn't about Sarah Palin...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 07:14:14 PM »
Quit trying to undermine my wokeness, junker. Thork was clearly bringing up Palin to brag about how hot she supposedly is, and it was a perfectly relevant response to shoot that idea down. You're the only one talking about penises.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 07:47:57 PM »
Quit trying to undermine my wokeness, junker. Thork was clearly bringing up Palin to brag about how hot she supposedly is, and it was a perfectly relevant response to shoot that idea down. You're the only one talking about penises.

Your first problem was engaging Thork in any topic, ever.

Your last problem is pretending that what you said isn't problematic. Stop trying to deflect and just own it.

Prime example of liberalism, folks.