Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
Motion of the Moon
« on: December 17, 2015, 10:00:00 PM »
On a round Earth model the Moon orbits Earth in an elliptical path and inclined to both the ecliptic and equatorial plane.
the Moon's angular diameter can be larger and smaller than the Sun (as seen on Solar eclipse and astronomers), the rise and setting of the Moon doesn't share the Sun's path and the Moon rises/sets 50 minutes longer each day. Is there a flat Earth diagram that explain the Moon's motion around the flat Earth with it's inclination to the equator, changing size each month, moving different speeds with the Sun and relations of it's phase with it's position relative to the Sun?
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

geckothegeek

Re: Motion of the Moon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:27:51 PM »
On a round Earth model the Moon orbits Earth in an elliptical path and inclined to both the ecliptic and equatorial plane.
the Moon's angular diameter can be larger and smaller than the Sun (as seen on Solar eclipse and astronomers), the rise and setting of the Moon doesn't share the Sun's path and the Moon rises/sets 50 minutes longer each day. Is there a flat Earth diagram that explain the Moon's motion around the flat Earth with it's inclination to the equator, changing size each month, moving different speeds with the Sun and relations of it's phase with it's position relative to the Sun?

I am just an ordinary "Round Earther", but I am posting this in the hope that a "Flat Earther" can correct this and explain it better.

This is what I have observed from the "Flat Earthers" .:

What you  have posted is all gobbledegook. Zero. Zilch.

Here is the truth :

The moon and the sun orbit the earth at the same altitude. They are 3000 miles above the earth. The moon is 32 miles in diameter. The moon is self-illuminated - not by light from the sun.The sun -quote - "acts like a spotlight and shines down on the earth in a circular pattern"-unquote. There seem to  be various -quote- "theories" - unquote- of the source of the illumination for the moon and how the phases of the moon are accomplished. The earth is stationary.

There seems to be some disagreement on the self-illumination of the moon. Some say the cause is by illumination by bio-illumination creatures called -quote-"moonshrimp/or/moonshramp"-unquote. And the phases of the moon are caused by the migrations of these creatures back and forth across the moon's surfaces.

The moon is also a disc; always showing itself as a perfect circle to earth.

The moon and the sun "set" by going away in the distance and become so small they can't be seen causing sunrise,sunset ; moonrise and moonset ; darkness and light.

There is no distinct horizon on the flat earth. It is an indistinct blur which fades away at some indefinite distance in the infinity.

On an animated diagram the "Flat Earthers" show that the moon and the sun seem to always be 180 degrees apart. When the moon is one side of the earth, the sun is always on the other side of the earth.

The moon and the sun move at the same speed  and altitude and are always 180 degrees apart in their orbits. The stars also rotate around the earth. There seems to be some disagreement as to whether there are planets or not. Everything in the universe revolves  around the earth.

And of course space exploration is a fake by the satanists and evil scientists at NASA, an instrument of the devil . Man has never been to the moon.

Edited and added 18 December 2015.:
Of course those stories about the distance to the moon being measured to the centimeter by using lasers aimed at reflectors placed there by astronauts is all fake, too, since man has never been to the moon. And the Amateur Radio Operator's "Moon Bounce" measurements are fake, too. This is just impossible by "amateurs", of course.All those "hams"do is  just talk to truckers of course ! And besides, these measurements were claimed to having been  made by "bouncing radio signals off the moon's surface", which is obviously impossible and timing how long it takes to get an echo from the moon. If that wasn't enough, the measurements were based on the speed of radio waves, which doesn't exist or is completely erroneous or inaccurate or slows down somewhere between the earth and the moon because of the -quote- "atmoplane" and/or  "aether"- unquote .

So, as you can see, there is no end to all the things connected with the "Round Earth". Just a case of mass spoon fed indoctrination. Bah ! Humbug !

All Amateur Radio Operators and all the Astronomers are all part of The Round Earth Conspiracy. Just a pack of evil, Satan worshiping liars. :(

"Round Earth" explanations of eclipses of the sun and moon are completely fallacious of course . They are simply the result of a dark object, sometimes described as an "anti-moon", which comes between them and the earth and blots them out. Perhaps some flat earther can explain this better, but my guess is that the "dark object or anti-moon" is some kind of a giant black ping-pong paddle. ???

At least all of the above is just from what I have learned from this website. If there are any corrections, they would be appreciated just to set the matter straight.

Perhaps some "Flat Earther" can fill in the details, make any corrections to the above and can explain them .  ???

Perhaps some "Round Earthers" might find a few flaws in the above and can explain them. ??? LOL.

As Mark Twain said :  "All I know is what I read in the newspapers...And that's my excuse xxx xxxxxxxxx.".....:"All I know is what I read on the Flat Earth Society Forum Website on the Internet....And that's my excuse xxx xxxxxxxxx".(I am not going to quote the rest of Mark Twain's quote or the rest of mine. LOL.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:38:42 PM by geckothegeek »

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
On an animated diagram the "Flat Earthers" show that the moon and the sun seem to always be 180 degrees apart. When the moon is one side of the earth, the sun is always on the other side of the earth.

The moon and the sun move at the same speed  and altitude and are always 180 degrees apart in their orbits. The stars also rotate around the earth. There seems to be some disagreement as to whether there are planets or not. Everything in the universe revolves  around the earth.

Actually i've seen other animated diagram that shows the Moon moves faster than the Sun while sharing the same path, no explanation on that though.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »

Actually i've seen other animated diagram that shows the Moon moves faster than the Sun while sharing the same path, no explanation on that though.

I may have this backward. But it seems that if the moon sets/rises 50 minutes longer each day, the moon would actually move slower than the sun ?

It also looks as if the moon and the sun shared the same path but at different speeds they would collide at some  point ?

Hopefully, maybe some flat earther can give us some enlightenment on the subject.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:40:23 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »
Is there a flat Earth diagram that explain the Moon's motion around the flat Earth with it's inclination to the equator, changing size each month, moving different speeds with the Sun and relations of it's phase with it's position relative to the Sun?
Are you expecting the motion of the moon to be regular and or predictable?
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
Is there a flat Earth diagram that explain the Moon's motion around the flat Earth with it's inclination to the equator, changing size each month, moving different speeds with the Sun and relations of it's phase with it's position relative to the Sun?
It is very predictable in the round Earth model. The most common flat Earth model puts the Moon and the Sun in the same path, which they don't as i have observed it myself.

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »

The motion of the moon is certainly regular and predictable. Most newspapers have a weather page which also includes information on times and dates for moonrise, moonset, etc.

Are you saying the flat earth moon is or is not regular and/or predictable ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:56:55 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »

What sort of question is this if it isn't blatant trolling? What about it is irregular and unpredictable? I've been on this earth (regardless of whatever goddamn shape you think it is) for 32 years, and the moon hasn't yet surprised me by showing up someplace random, or hiding behind a mountain giggling like a three year old in a game of hide-and-seek.

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »

What sort of question is this if it isn't blatant trolling? What about it is irregular and unpredictable? I've been on this earth (regardless of whatever goddamn shape you think it is) for 32 years, and the moon hasn't yet surprised me by showing up someplace random, or hiding behind a mountain giggling like a three year old in a game of hide-and-seek.

Or the moon hiding behind some "dark object" or "anti-moon" ?

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society Trolling Forum
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:03:44 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 07:19:23 PM »
What sort of question is this if it isn't blatant trolling?
Report me to the moderator. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
It's regular and predictable enough for next year's tide tables to be published now and yet still be accurate all through next year.
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »

But it is. People since creation has used the moon to tell which month it is.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »
How do you define a month? 

Can you not see your circular rhetoric?
LOL 
What gives??

It's regular and predictable enough
Enough? 

You shills are terrible. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 03:18:15 AM »
How do you define a month? 

Can you not see your circular rhetoric?
LOL 
What gives??

It's regular and predictable enough
Enough? 

You shills are terrible.

What they would do is measure the days between lets say the next full moon from the last one.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.