Offline lolwut?

• -flatearther43.2
    • View Profile
If the earth really flat, then what is on the edge of it?
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:40:01 PM »
Seems like some folks talk about an ice wall etc... But is there actually consensus?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
-flatearther43.2

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: If the earth really flat, then what is on the edge of it?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
There is much speculation, but the true answer is unknown.  No one we know of has survived a trip to the edge and returned to tell the tale.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
Dave Lee Roth did!

Although he lost alot of friends there.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline lolwut?

• -flatearther43.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »
Thanks Pongo!
-flatearther43.2

Offline lolwut?

• -flatearther43.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »
Dave Lee Roth did!

Although he lost alot of friends there.
Reported
-flatearther43.2

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 12:09:11 AM »
There is much speculation, but the true answer is unknown.  No one we know of has survived a trip to the edge and returned to tell the tale.

There seems to be much speculation, but no evidence. Samuel Birley Rowbotham said it existed. So it must exist if Samuel Birley Rowbotham said it existed !
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:12:48 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 07:34:01 AM »
So, if I understand this correctly, the earth is either 4 billion years old or 7,000 years old, depending on who you ask, and in all that time, nobody has seen the edge of the earth? So, it is either an infinite plane, or that's pretty much impossible at this point in time. Who do you know that has set out to find the edge and never returned? Logic would have it, that, if the earth is indeed flat, there would be countless recorded attempts to find the edge, long before now. Even if they never returned, we would at least know who tried and failed...

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »
Even if they never returned, we would at least know who tried and failed...

Spectacular point actually. Simple, but extremely valid. WHO has tried and failed? WHO has vanished? NOBODY has ever left a record of their trip plans, told a friend at a bar they were going to the edge of the earth, or tweeted a picture of themselves with the hashtag #Quest4TheEdge?

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 05:01:54 AM »
There  may  be other explanations that I may have missed  but the information I  have seen is detailed description of the distance dimensions of the ice ring, etc. And what lay beyond was  by Rowbotham.

Are we to assume that Rowbotham is the only person who has ever been to the ice ring ?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:05:19 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »
how can i believe that the earth is flat? also i am seeing alot of theories about earth being round and me even thinking about this theory people look at me like i am crazy or have something going on in my head. i did see that you can't fly from australia- rio grande argentina when its just across the waters about 6000miles out and i know planes can fly further eg... Then Concorde stops flying. And now this. Singapore Airlines Flight 21 passenger.
 That will leave Qantas Flight 7, a Boeing 747 from Sydney to Dallas, atop the list of world's longest nonstops by distance, at 8,600 miles.
can someone shed some real light in my face please?

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 03:09:00 AM »
According to the International Flat Earth Research Society, the giant ice wall around the outer edge is well documented.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/06/south-pole-does-not-exist.html