Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a new smartphone
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »
I can't even tell what you're going for with that post
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »
I got an iPhone 6 Plus after all. It's pretty mint.
Put it in your microwave m8

(Please don't actually do it)

Ugh, they've been trying to repeat the "waterproof" scandal every year now. They put a lot more effort into the original waterproof ad than the other ones, not to mention these like these are obviously wrong, even to someone who has no basic knowledge about electronics.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »

It is very nice. Still on the fence about the size. I already gave Secret User my 5s, so I suppose I will get used to it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
Ugh, they've been trying to repeat the "waterproof" scandal every year now. They put a lot more effort into the original waterproof ad than the other ones, not to mention these like these are obviously wrong, even to someone who has no basic knowledge about electronics.
It still works. It doesn't require quality or effort.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
It isn't exactly difficult to persuade somebody who owns an Apple product to do something stupid.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »
I tried the Wave thing. My battery is at 110% now. 👳

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
It still works. It doesn't require quality or effort.

I don't believe you.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 12:54:40 AM »
I tried the Wave thing. My battery is at 110% now. 👳
I can confirm that it works on Android and Windows phones as well. 
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »

It is very nice. Still on the fence about the size. I already gave Secret User my 5s, so I suppose I will get used to it.

Did you get the 5.5"?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 02:30:05 AM »

Did you get the 5.5"?

I did indeed. My manly hands have adequately adjusted. I am not sure how I ever used the 5s anymore. Especially since I had a 4.3" EVO 4G back when it launched in 2010

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2014, 10:31:32 PM »
I just got a new-old smartphone. First time I have ever used one. Its two years old, a Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere. I like it so far, but then again, I don't know any better, either. What do any of you think of said device?

Ghost of V

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »
I just got a new-old smartphone. First time I have ever used one. Its two years old, a Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere. I like it so far, but then again, I don't know any better, either. What do any of you think of said device?

Is that the one with a physical keyboard? I've always liked physical keyboards. You should download tapatalk and use the forum with it.

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 12:11:37 AM »

Is that the one with a physical keyboard? I've always liked physical keyboards. You should download tapatalk and use the forum with it.

It is indeed the one with a physical keyboard. Does tapatalk make it easier to use the forum? Is a free app?

Ghost of V

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 12:14:09 AM »

It is indeed the one with a physical keyboard. Does tapatalk make it easier to use the forum? Is a free app?

It is a free app and it's my preferred method of posting when not on a computer.

Your phone is old though, so it's OS might not be up to date enough to run tapatalk. But I'd still give it a try. It only takes a few seconds to download. Just search tapatalk in the Play Store (or it might be called Market on your phone).

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »
How do I find this forum?

Ghost of V

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2014, 12:37:52 AM »
How do I find this forum?

There should be a search function. "The Flat Earth Society" usually pulls it up for me.

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2014, 12:55:50 AM »
I am having trouble signing in to the Flat Earth Society. Says my password is incorrect.

Ghost of V

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2014, 01:15:55 AM »
One of the problems I've noticed with tapatalk: type your username in all lowercase. Otherwise it will not accept your credentials. I don't know why it does this, but it does.

Let me know if that helps you.

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 01:22:23 AM »
Signed in. Now how do I reply to you?

Ghost of V

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2014, 01:30:31 AM »
There's a tab on the right side that gives you several options. They are pretty self explanatory.  Unread and Timeline are very useful for finding recent posts. Just tap into the thread, scroll to the bottom, and click on the text field. Alternatively you can tap someone's post and then go to quote icon at the top to automatically quote that post and respond.