What is beyond the ice wall?
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »
I have asked this several times and nobody has answered me. If I truly want to believe the earth is flat, I would like to know what's over the ice wall. You guys say it is only 150 ft tall yet nobody has been over it yet, even though we have climbed things like Mount Everest. So you're saying if I go to Antarctica and walk straight south I won't come up on the other side of the earth facing north? How has nobody discovered this yet if there are research facilities in both the north and south pole? This is a legit question, i am curious what you guys are thinking.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Re: What is beyond the ice wall?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »
I have asked this several times and nobody has answered me. If I truly want to believe the earth is flat, I would like to know what's over the ice wall.

If you believe in an ice wall model then what's over the ice wall depends on what ice wall flat earth model you believe in. In those models that have an ice wall will respond in one of many ways.

-Space is over the ice wall
-Heaven is over the ice wall
-the firmament is over the ice wall
-the dome is over the ice wall
-no one knows what's over the ice wall
-you can't climb over the ice wall

Many flat earth models don't believe in an ice wall. The flat earth model that I most relate to is that the earth is an infinitely repeating plane with no ice wall.

So you're saying if I go to Antarctica and walk straight south I won't come up on the other side of the earth facing north?

Again this depends on your flat earth model. In an infinitely repeating flat plane model if you went to Antarctica and walked south you would end up on the other side of the infinitely repeating flat plane facing north.
Some models would say that it's impossible to walk south from antartica
Some models will say that Antarctica does not exist

How has nobody discovered this yet if there are research facilities in both the north and south pole? This is a legit question, i am curious what you guys are thinking.

Again the answers varies. The research facilites set up on the poles were set up with round earth equipment and devices using round earth systems so they are only able to show the earth is round.

Offline MegaMan2005

• Hello, I’m am a Flat Earther.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
I have asked this several times and nobody has answered me. If I truly want to believe the earth is flat, I would like to know what's over the ice wall.

If you believe in an ice wall model then what's over the ice wall depends on what ice wall flat earth model you believe in. In those models that have an ice wall will respond in one of many ways.

-Space is over the ice wall
-Heaven is over the ice wall
-the firmament is over the ice wall
-the dome is over the ice wall
-no one knows what's over the ice wall
-you can't climb over the ice wall

Many flat earth models don't believe in an ice wall. The flat earth model that I most relate to is that the earth is an infinitely repeating plane with no ice wall.

So you're saying if I go to Antarctica and walk straight south I won't come up on the other side of the earth facing north?

Again this depends on your flat earth model. In an infinitely repeating flat plane model if you went to Antarctica and walked south you would end up on the other side of the infinitely repeating flat plane facing north.
Some models would say that it's impossible to walk south from antartica
Some models will say that Antarctica does not exist

How has nobody discovered this yet if there are research facilities in both the north and south pole? This is a legit question, i am curious what you guys are thinking.

Again the answers varies. The research facilites set up on the poles were set up with round earth equipment and devices using round earth systems so they are only able to show the earth is round.
What I say is that beyond ice barrier is believed to be the outside of the dome. But the real question is what's beyond the dome?
100110010011001110110011100110011010010010101010101010101010111110011100101010010001001010101111001101001011100101001100100101011110100100100100100010010100101010010010101110100101011110011010101011101001010010001010110101010101011111010010100100100100011111100101001011001010010101100101110001001010010010101001010010101010010101010101001110100100101001010101010010111110010101001010010101010010101111100000100100101001010110000111010100010001010101

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »

Can you go into a little bit more detail as to what a "round earth device" is?

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 03:33:25 PM »
I think my only question is why are there so many theories in Flat Earth theory? It seems that there should only be one accepted model. You know, just like there is with round Earth Theory. It seems that the multiplicity of theories is a weakness of Flat Earth theory, because no one can really decide on what they believe. It's always been a question I had. And I am not trying to be insulting here, just curious. Does the ice wall exist or not? And if it does what is beyond it? And if it does can we get above it? Can we climb over it? Can we get around it in some way? And if not, why not?

Offline FlatEarther21

• I think the earth is flat. Try to prove me wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »
I don't think anyone knows whats beyond the ice wall, because no one is allowed in Antartica, without being heavily monitored. I think that because the government doesn't want anyone to see past it, and it's still all part of NASA's plan. Almost every country has agreed not to explore Antartica, so I think other people are in on this, too. We have no proof that there is a dome, or that the earth is flat, or that there's a heaven or a hell, so it just really matters what you believe.
"It is Wednesday my dudes"

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »
I have a hard time believing that somebody would not have gotten there by now. I don't care how heavily monitored a place is, some human is crazy enough and logical enough to get past whatever monitors there are and survive to tell the tale. It just seems very hard to believe that no one has made the attempt. And NASA couldn't hide itself if it wanted to. It has a hard time hiding anything in a wet paper bag. I mean look I don't know. The US government can't seem to hide anything. Look at Snowden as a perfect example. I mean look, I don't know. Maybe the Earth is flat. That is why I'm here. But it just seems that if the Earth were flat, somebody would have figured that out definitively by now.

Offline Humble B

• Full merrily the humble B doth sing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »
Almost every country has agreed not to explore Antartica......

Then why the Antarctic treaty especially protects freedom of scientific investigation?

Quote from: The Antarctic Treaty
Some important provisions of the Treaty:

Antarctica shall be used for peaceful purposes only (Art. I)

Freedom of scientific investigation in Antarctica and cooperation toward that end … shall continue (Art. II).

Scientific observations and results from Antarctica shall be exchanged and made freely available (Art. III).
He who believes windmills are his enemies, will take the gentle turning of their blades an act of aggression, and mistake their soft murmur for angry ranting.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »

Can you go into a little bit more detail as to what a "round earth device" is?

A device which was specifically designed and calibrated to show the earth is round or to weaken a specific flat earth model.

For example if you believe in a flat earth model in which the distance between Australia and south america is three times longer than the distance between US and China and someone measures those distances and the measuring device they use shows that is not true then the claim is made that the measuring device was calibrated to alter the true distances.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
I think my only question is why are there so many theories in Flat Earth theory? It seems that there should only be one accepted model. You know, just like there is with round Earth Theory. It seems that the multiplicity of theories is a weakness of Flat Earth theory, because no one can really decide on what they believe. It's always been a question I had.

The problem is that many models can fit many things that we see or observe or experience every day but never all of them. Flight times, shipping times, gravity, full moons, lunar eclipses, sunsets etc. The best model I've found is the infinite repeating plane model but it's not a very popular one.

And I am not trying to be insulting here, just curious. Does the ice wall exist or not? And if it does what is beyond it? And if it does can we get above it? Can we climb over it? Can we get around it in some way? And if not, why not?

If the ice wall exists or not depends on the flat earth model. I chose to follow the infinite repeating plane with no ice wall, no dome, and no firmament.

If an ice wall does exists what is beyond it depends on the flat earth model as previously stated in this thread.
-heaven
-firmament
-dome
-space
-infinite plane
-nothing
-waters above
-no one knows because no one has ever been there

If you can get above/over/around the ice wall depends on the flat earth model.
-no because it's outside of the dome
-no because it's outside of the firmament
-no because of the waters above
-no because it's guarded/protected
-yes many people have been above/over/around the ice wall

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
A device which was specifically designed and calibrated to show the earth is round or to weaken a specific flat earth model.

Is it your claim that research facilities are established on Antarctica expressly to use devices that attempt to weaken the flat earth model? I can do that with my mobile phone right here in a far less harsh environment than the south pole.

For example if you believe in a flat earth model in which the distance between Australia and south america is three times longer than the distance between US and China and someone measures those distances and the measuring device they use shows that is not true then the claim is made that the measuring device was calibrated to alter the true distances.

So sailors 100 years ago used navigation devices that were calibrated to alter the true distances?

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

Is it your claim that research facilities are established on Antarctica expressly to use devices that attempt to weaken the flat earth model? I can do that with my mobile phone right here in a far less harsh environment than the south pole.

So sailors 100 years ago used navigation devices that were calibrated to alter the true distances?
That is a legitimate question. Captain James Cook discovered both Hawaii and Australia. His ship made it back to England, though I think he died on the way. Was he, in the late 1700's, using devices calibrated to hide the truth of Flat Earth?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
Is it your claim that research facilities are established on Antarctica expressly to use devices that attempt to weaken the flat earth model?

No. I adhere to an infinite repeating plane flat earth model which reconciles with measuring devices. I don't believe there are specific "round earth devices and systems" that are common with many other flat earth models.
For those who do not adhere to the infinite repeating plane model you will find some people who will say that yes, research facilities are established on Antarctica expressly to use devices that attempt to weaken some of the flat earth models.

in my infinite repeating plane flat earth model travel times, shipping times, navigation, surveying, and cartography all reconcile with the round earth model so I don't believe this.

Many other flat earth models have a hard time reconciling with known shipping/travel times, navigation, surveying and cartography.
Some of the followers of those specific flat earth models would say that yes, navigation devices were calibrated to alter the true distances.
Some claim that shipping/travel times, navigation paths which don't reconcile simply don't exist.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »
in my infinite repeating plane flat earth model travel times, shipping times, navigation, surveying, and cartography all reconcile with the round earth model so I don't believe this.

By 'repeating', do you mean 'duplicates'? As in, if you travel due south from the southern tip of Argentina, cross over Antarctica, you would continue north passing by Australia, but that Australia is a repeated duplicate and so on?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 09:33:36 PM »

No. I adhere to an infinite repeating plane flat earth model which reconciles with measuring devices. I don't believe there are specific "round earth devices and systems" that are common with many other flat earth models.
For those who do not adhere to the infinite repeating plane model you will find some people who will say that yes, research facilities are established on Antarctica expressly to use devices that attempt to weaken some of the flat earth models.

Many other flat earth models have a hard time reconciling with known shipping/travel times, navigation, surveying and cartography.
Some of the followers of those specific flat earth models would say that yes, navigation devices were calibrated to alter the true distances.
Some claim that shipping/travel times, navigation paths which don't reconcile simply don't exist.

I've searched around the forums for more info on the infinite repeating planes model but haven't found a posting that sums it all up tightly.  Is this the model with the 'Pac Man Effect' where leaving one edge of the plane puts you on a corresponding point on the other side?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 09:55:23 PM »
I don't think anyone knows whats beyond the ice wall, because no one is allowed in Antartica, without being heavily monitored. I think that because the government doesn't want anyone to see past it, and it's still all part of NASA's plan. Almost every country has agreed not to explore Antartica, so I think other people are in on this, too. We have no proof that there is a dome, or that the earth is flat, or that there's a heaven or a hell, so it just really matters what you believe.

You say "no one is allowed in Antartica" and "Almost every country has agreed not to explore Antartica".  This is a high claim.  Where do you find support of this?

In case you are thinking about the Antarctic treaty, please make sure you read it before making a claim about it.  It's not long.  You can find it on the Antarctic Treaty web site: https://www.ats.aq
Or, just right to the treaty: https://www.ats.aq/documents/keydocs/vol_1/vol1_2_AT_Antarctic_Treaty_e.pdf
I love this site, it's a fantastic collection of evidence of a spherical earth:
Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 12:31:01 PM »

I've searched around the forums for more info on the infinite repeating planes model but haven't found a posting that sums it all up tightly.  Is this the model with the 'Pac Man Effect' where leaving one edge of the plane puts you on a corresponding point on the other side?

Yeah. 

I can start out at america and go west and wind up in china and I can also start in america and swipe east and wind up in china.

Kind of like in pac man you can go west and wind up on the east side and you can go east and wind up on the east side.

BillO

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
I can start out at america and go west and wind up in china and I can also start in america and swipe east and wind up in china.

Kind of like in pac man you can go west and wind up on the east side and you can go east and wind up on the east side.

So, is it the same China you reach going west as it would be going east, or are you on a different 'world'  on this infinitely repeating plain?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
So, is it the same China you reach going west as it would be going east, or are you on a different 'world'  on this infinitely repeating plain?

It's the same china. If I leave America and head east and head to Bejing and my twin leaves America heading west we would both arrive at the same Bejing.

It's the only way I've been able to reconcile real life observations, experiences, and measurements to a flat earth model (without making claims like no map of the earth exist or flight times are fake). Specifically about travel times, navigation, shipping times, and cartography.

Why is it that I've traveled extensively and never seen an edge? Or an army of boats guarding an edge? Maybe there is no "edge".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:07:10 PM by iamcpc »

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »

It's the same china. If I leave America and head east and head to Bejing and my twin leaves America heading west we would both arrive at the same Bejing.

It's the only way I've been able to reconcile real life observations, experiences, and measurements to a flat earth model (without making claims like no map of the earth exist or flight times are fake). Specifically about travel times, navigation, shipping times, and cartography.

Why is it that I've traveled extensively and never seen an edge? Or an army of boats guarding an edge? Maybe there is no "edge".

Is there a map style you prefer for the explored portion of the world?  AE or bi-polar?  Something else?

I've watched the presentation from Daz Nez, linked below.  He was attempting to resolve problems and proposed a diamond shaped model.  This doesn't have an edge or a fleet of ships guarding an ice wall.  Do you have something like this in mind?

I love this site, it's a fantastic collection of evidence of a spherical earth:
Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect