Long Way Round
« on: August 31, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
Hey Y'all,

Anyone here watch the TV show 'Long Way Round'? A TV show where two people go around the world from London to New York the wrong way. How would this be possible on a flat Earth?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Long Way Round
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 06:59:30 PM »

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »

Timothy,

The only flat earth model which can best describe what is happening here is that the earth is an infinitely repeating flat plane.

They traveled turnwise.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Circumnavigation

Tom,

That flat earth model does not measure up to measured travel distances.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »
Yes, an east to west course on the flat earth works like it would on a round earth.

However, distances in the Southern Hemisphere of the flat earth are wrong by a couple of orders of magnitude. This issue is ignored in the wiki. I don't presume to speak for flat earthers but I think they say that our measurement of distances is flawed in the way they are measured or our perceptions of those distances are flawed.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.