Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2018, 09:58:54 PM »
Bollocks, frankly.
We were second best tonight but we had our chances. If only we’d got a second we might have held on.
Would have got shat on in the final, but still. Probably our best chance of getting there in my lifetime (and I do include 1990 which I’m old enough to remember)
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 10:26:23 PM »
ugh who gives a shit about france/croatia.  lame.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2018, 06:18:23 AM »
ugh who gives a shit about france/croatia.  lame.
While we’re here, who gives a shit about England/Belgium.
What exactly is the point of the 3rd place playoff? I don’t think I watched in 1990, I certainly don’t know who won. Who cares?
We came 3rd in the World Cup! Yay!

Meh.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »
I've been lied to. Everyone said it was coming home. Its probably going to France instead.  :'(
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »
I've been lied to. Everyone said it was coming home. Its probably going to France instead.  :'(
Maybe it moved to France?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 02:06:15 PM »
Oh well, that's that then. France the standout team for me, deserved winners.

Nice to see FIFA have redesigned the trophy in line with latest scientific discoveries...

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
At which point the French decided to have a full scale riot on the Champs-Élysées. Classy.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »
At which point the French decided to have a full scale riot on the Champs-Élysées. Classy.
Do you think the English would have handled it any better, given how they responded to their win against Sweden?

https://talksport.com/football/396766/england-fans-invade-ikea-sweden/
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2018, 05:44:54 PM »
I'm not sure jumping on the beds in Ikea is quite the same as firebombing and looting shops in Paris, Lyon and Toulouse.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »
Entirely demolishing a bunch of IKEAs across the country is pretty bad. If it was still Coming Home(tm), I'm sure the True Patriots(tm) could have mustered up a few bombs.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
I'm not sure jumping on the beds in Ikea is quite the same as firebombing and looting shops in Paris, Lyon and Toulouse.

That was the semi-final.  England would have gone up in flames had they actually managed to win the whole thing (lol).

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 08:45:14 PM »

That was the semi-final.  England would have gone up in flames had they actually managed to win the whole thing (lol).

A fitting pointless end, England burning and listing horribly drifts off into the sunset, never to be seen again, to the fading chorus of “two world cups and to world wars doo dah, doo dah” sang in a mockney accent to the tune of camptown races.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:50:23 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »
Do you think the English would have handled it any better, given how they responded to their win against Sweden?

https://talksport.com/football/396766/england-fans-invade-ikea-sweden/
Mate of mine is in the police and I remember years ago him telling me you get just as much trouble after an England win as after an England defeat.
Football fans are, on average, bloody idiots.