Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #1320 on: January 31, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »
imagine losing the afc championship at home to the fucking bengals.

jesus fucking christ

after being up 21-3.

Just be thankful you’re not a Failcons fan I guess?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 11, 2022, 08:22:29 PM »
Who ya got in the SB - Goats or tiger kitties?

I want good things for Matty Stafford, but at the same time, fuck the Rams.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 11, 2022, 08:50:46 PM »
Goats will win by a landslide.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 11, 2022, 09:05:22 PM »
They should. I feel like Joe is going to get sacked 17 times. But I’m hoping for some magic I guess

« Reply #1324 on: February 11, 2022, 09:43:59 PM »
lol i'm still mad
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 11, 2022, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 14, 2022, 03:31:10 AM »
Blue Gatorade cost me like $200 tonight as the last prop bet.

Great game. Tiger kitties have put the league on notice - especially if they can build an O-line

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 14, 2022, 07:37:00 PM »
Ben-gals got rammed.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 17, 2022, 02:47:19 PM »
Team GB beat the US 8-4 in the Winter Olympics Curling semi-final.

In.
Your.
Face,
Yanks!
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 17, 2022, 03:14:26 PM »
Team GB beat the US 8-4 in the Winter Olympics Curling semi-final.

In.
Your.
Face,
Yanks!

But does team GB know what Brexit means?
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 08, 2022, 11:21:48 PM »
Goodbye Russ.
Hello draft picks that we desperately needed. Let’s not screw this up, Schneids. As soon as a decent coach becomes available, let’s let Pete ride into the sunset too plz.

Here’s to being garbage for a few years.

« Reply #1331 on: March 08, 2022, 11:59:37 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 09, 2022, 12:18:40 AM »
AFC West divisional games are gonna be 🔥 next year

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 26, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
Wtf is going on in this year’s off-season. What a two weeks.
As usual, thank god I’m not a jets fan. But I’m pissed they crushed us in that Jamal Adams trade

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 26, 2022, 06:26:16 PM »

« Reply #1335 on: April 24, 2022, 11:35:19 PM »
nhl people: somebody give me the state of the league going into the playoffs. i only ever watch avs games and see league standings, so i have no idea who's actually good and who isn't. for example, the florida panthers are good now? what? when did that happen?

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 25, 2022, 01:14:32 AM »
Okay but go Celtics

Get the brooms out, lads
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 25, 2022, 02:43:45 AM »
nhl people: somebody give me the state of the league going into the playoffs. i only ever watch avs games and see league standings, so i have no idea who's actually good and who isn't. for example, the florida panthers are good now? what? when did that happen?

Florida is crazy good. Historic offense good, plus D corps and Goalie(s) playing well enough to beat anybody. 13 wins in a row and they’re cruising into the playoffs.

Avs are the next scary good team. If you watch them you know why. Not as complete as Florida, but they’re a beast and they have a chip on their shoulder after recent playoff failures.

Calgary is the second best team in the west, with their goaltending, defense corps and top line carrying them hard in 2022. Gaudreau has been a machine lately.

The rest of the west is a tough one to make sense of. St Louis and Minnesota have been good all year, Edmonton is surging, but relies on a 40 year old in net behind McDaddy and Drai. Kings stars and preds aren’t threats on paper, but who knows, Vegas can still sneak in but I hope they choke.

The east beneath Florida is a shit show. All the playoff teams are good. The caps are the easiest out on paper, Especially if Ovi’s injury tonight puts him out for any of the first round. Tampa is Tampa, Boston is Boston, the Canes have been taking care of business all year, but for whatever reason I don’t know if I trust them as real cup contenders. Leafs are good on paper but have some major playoff demons to try to exorcise, rangers can beat anyone if sheshterkin gets hot again, penguins are nearing the end of their winning window with their core which could be a good or bad thing for them…

It’s the most interesting lead up to playoffs there has been in years. The league’s good teams are in great shape. If only the bad teams weren’t such an absolute fucking mess.

The kraken expansion has been sad from day one, and Gary Bergman’s insistence on hockey in Arizona is getting embarrassing, with the team planning on sharing UA’s rink for the next three (or more) years, with a seating capacity somewhere around 4,000. And they just announced per game prices for potential season ticket holders and it’s a ludicrous considering they can’t even get people in to watch the games this year when they give thousands of tickets away for every game.

I’m a Leafs fan though so I’m bracing for disappointment, be it Tampa or Boston. I will now be taking whisk(e)y, bourbon, and summery beer recommendations. Just got the wall mount installed at the back of the house so I can watch games in the nice weather this year

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 25, 2022, 03:20:44 AM »
Bruins are going to win
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:19 PM »
Bruins are going to win

Ew. Fuck Boston. But at least I could be happy for Bergeron, their only redeeming player.