Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10720 on: August 26, 2023, 11:51:43 AM »
Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you can say anything you like in any situation. It’s a common misconception, that.
And here come the meaningless cliches...
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: August 26, 2023, 01:00:52 PM »
Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you can say anything you like in any situation. It’s a common misconception, that.
By which you of course mean patient explanation of why claiming “free speech” isn’t the silver bullet get out of jail free card you seem to imagine
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: August 26, 2023, 01:42:43 PM »

yeah...
Here's a meaningless cliche from Bill Barr, Trumps corrupt, Putin sucking, attorney general traitor that has now turned on Trump like the piece of rat shit that he is...

"All conspiracies involve speech, and all fraud involves speech. So, free speech doesn't give you the right to engage in a fraudulent conspiracy."

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: August 26, 2023, 02:29:58 PM »
https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/comparing-former-president-donald-trump-self-reported-height-and-weight-to-mlb-superstars

Trump is no longer the president, and so his height and weight are no longer something that the public has a right to know, but this is still pretty funny. We'll have to wait for him to be actually convicted and imprisoned before his measurements will be recorded by people who won't lie for him.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: August 26, 2023, 02:35:55 PM »
Are they blind to see that Trump has lost weight in the last couple of years? It is fairly obvious even when just looking at his mugshot photo of himself that he posted.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10725 on: August 26, 2023, 03:26:55 PM »
He has lost weight, but he's definitely still well over 215 lbs, and there's ample photographic evidence showing that he's no taller than 6'1 at the very most.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: August 26, 2023, 03:33:16 PM »
Muscle is more dense that fat though so it’s possible to be ripped and weigh the same as a fatso of the same height.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: August 26, 2023, 04:00:24 PM »
Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you can say anything you like in any situation.
Would be cool if it did, though.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: August 26, 2023, 04:13:30 PM »
By which you of course mean patient explanation of why claiming “free speech” isn’t the silver bullet get out of jail free card you seem to imagine
No, by which I mean your endless trope about "shouting fire in a crowded movie theatre," is useless here as nothing of the sort occurred.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:22:15 AM by Action80 »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: August 26, 2023, 04:41:34 PM »
No, by which I mean your endless trope about "shoputing fire in a crowded movie theatre," is useless here as nothing of the sort occurred.

He's right!

This is about federal counts of conspiracy, violations of the Espionage act, falsifying business records and state-level racketeering indictments. None of which is protected speech.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: August 26, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »
He has lost weight, but he's definitely still well over 215 lbs, and there's ample photographic evidence showing that he's no taller than 6'1 at the very most.

Trump wears body armor when he is out in public. It is difficult sizing up his body frame. He has clearly lost a lot of weight, and 215 is believable.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: August 27, 2023, 06:12:45 AM »
Again, it is to the benefit of the establishment if any of these cases are successful, as each is a fundamental attack on the First Amendment. The Bill of Rights is the actual target of progressives.

That's not what we were talking about, but in any case, it's not true. Trump isn't being prosecuted for exercising his freedom of speech, or for saying that he believes that the election was stolen. His alleged crimes involved speech, but so do many crimes. Is it an attack on freedom of speech to prosecute a mob boss who orders a hit? To prosecute a blackmailer who threatens to reveal damaging information about someone? To prosecute a spy who passes classified information to someone he knows isn't cleared for it? Likewise, it's not an attack on freedom of speech to prosecute Trump for asking other people to rig the election in his favor, nor for illegally retaining classified documents and showing them to people he knew weren't cleared for it.
Well, that is what I am talking about. Trump is being prosecuted for exercising freedom of speech.
"He hasn't ordered a hit on anyone"
True.

"he hasn't passed classified information to anyone,"
False.  By showing a classified attack plan document to two people who had no authorization to see it, he did.

" he never asked anyone to rig an election in his favor,"
He literally called Georgia's governor and asked them to find him enough votes to win.

"and he never illegally retained classified documents."
How would he have legally retained them?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: August 27, 2023, 07:46:29 AM »
Again, it is to the benefit of the establishment if any of these cases are successful, as each is a fundamental attack on the First Amendment. The Bill of Rights is the actual target of progressives.

That's not what we were talking about, but in any case, it's not true. Trump isn't being prosecuted for exercising his freedom of speech, or for saying that he believes that the election was stolen. His alleged crimes involved speech, but so do many crimes. Is it an attack on freedom of speech to prosecute a mob boss who orders a hit? To prosecute a blackmailer who threatens to reveal damaging information about someone? To prosecute a spy who passes classified information to someone he knows isn't cleared for it? Likewise, it's not an attack on freedom of speech to prosecute Trump for asking other people to rig the election in his favor, nor for illegally retaining classified documents and showing them to people he knew weren't cleared for it.
Well, that is what I am talking about. Trump is being prosecuted for exercising freedom of speech.
False.  By showing a classified attack plan document to two people who had no authorization to see it, he did.
No, he didn't.

He literally called Georgia's governor and asked them to find him enough votes to win.
Using legal means.

Presidential Records Act.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: August 27, 2023, 09:50:35 AM »

No, he didn't.

So his own words of "look at this" and "its classified" mean nothing to you?

Using legal means.
??
There is no legal way to do that.  Nor did he specify 'legally'.

Presidential Records Act.
Which states that all classified documents are the property of NARA.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #10734 on: August 27, 2023, 02:02:22 PM »
look just because i told a contract killer "this person has become a problem for me, and i need that problem eliminated, here's $10,000 and the person's home address" doesn't mean i committed a crime. i never once said "kill this person for $10,000." stop stealing my free speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: August 27, 2023, 04:10:28 PM »
Yes, it means something to me.

Wrong and wrong.

And responsibility for management/possession of those documents is placed with the former President.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: August 27, 2023, 05:27:46 PM »
Yes, it means something to me.
And that is?

Wrong and wrong.
Since we have the transcript, feel free to quote it.  Also, how does one legally "find" 11,000 votes for Trump?

And responsibility for management/possession of those documents is placed with the former President.
Please quote the section of the law, which was made to stop Nixon from taking records, which says Trump can take any classified document he wants.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: August 27, 2023, 05:38:13 PM »
No. That's the job of NARA.
(g)(1) Upon the conclusion of a President’s term of office, or if a President serves consecutive terms upon the conclusion of the last term, the Archivist of the United States shall assume responsibility for the custody, control, and preservation of, and access to, the Presidential records of that President.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: August 28, 2023, 12:40:52 PM »

Since we have the transcript, feel free to quote it.  Also, how does one legally "find" 11,000 votes for Trump?

Read the indictment.

The whole thing details the steps Georgia officials were to take. All of them legal, should the points discussed by Trump and the co-defendants were true.

Progressives are so fucking weak and stupid.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: August 30, 2023, 09:36:17 PM »
An alarming number of your politicians really should be in care homes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66665682