Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #9000 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:52 PM »
They aren’t charging individuals, just the company. It’s likely some fines and that’s it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: June 30, 2021, 08:20:08 PM »
They aren’t charging individuals, just the company. It’s likely some fines and that’s it.

Yep.
Still, it hurts Trump's bank account.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: June 30, 2021, 08:54:28 PM »
Allen Weisselberg is being charged individually, along with the Trump Organization. And they were trying to get pressure on him to dish on his bossman. This is probably Cyrus Vance, turning up the pressure.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: June 30, 2021, 09:31:32 PM »
Let's look at this realistically.  Trump is a crooked businessman.  He has a long history of trying to bend laws wherever possible.  He is not unique here and as far as I can tell he's been operating this way for decades.

So if there's been crimes committed here, and I'm sure there are, it seems to me that it's probably Trump slightly overstepping the boundaries of law and getting caught.

My guess, the worst possible outcome for Trump here is making the Trump Organization unable to get loans from banks.  Which might bring down his company but probably won't land him in prison.  But we'll find out soon enough I guess.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: June 30, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
I'm taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude towards anything legal related to Trump. The Left's fantasies about how things are gonna come crashing down on him any time are entertaining though, nice Fox News-level theatrics.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: July 01, 2021, 01:19:25 AM »
I think it would take something extraordinary, and probably something not strictly white-collar like tax evasion or campaign finance law violations, for Trump himself to be in any danger of prosecution.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: July 02, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
It's Nixon all over again. Everyone around him gets convictions, jail time but Trump walks free.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: July 02, 2021, 02:50:21 PM »
There's some saying that this is just the beginning.  I don't know if that's true or not.  Sort of sounds like wishful thinking to me.

If this is it though then this is sort of weak.  This is so weak that it makes me think that the media has been a little unfair to Trump.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: July 06, 2021, 07:10:38 PM »
Short video (40 mins) put together by NYT on Jan 6. Reconstructions of the events in chronological order, built almost exclusively from protestors own footage and subpoenas of security and police body cam.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007606996/capitol-riot-trump-supporters.html

Those were some busy tourists.

In seriousness though, it does show how unprepared the security forces were and how a few organized groups can incite a mob to do just about anything, especially if they have the feeling of moral superiority delivered from POTUS

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: July 07, 2021, 07:02:10 AM »
Short video (40 mins) put together by NYT on Jan 6. Reconstructions of the events in chronological order, built almost exclusively from protestors own footage and subpoenas of security and police body cam.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007606996/capitol-riot-trump-supporters.html

Those were some busy tourists.

In seriousness though, it does show how unprepared the security forces were and how a few organized groups can incite a mob to do just about anything, especially if they have the feeling of moral superiority delivered from POTUS

I watched this the other day when it came out. I've been of a mind that January 6th was really bad, an horrific insurrectionist assault on America. Then after watching this I realized how much worse it actually was. Chilling all around.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: July 07, 2021, 07:30:24 AM »
 This time around the emotion I felt was anger.  If these were black lives matter protesters then there would be have been a lot corpse cleanup the next day.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: July 07, 2021, 07:40:54 AM »
They left out the parts where the police welcomed them in with open arms, unlocked the magnetic doors and took selfies with the protestors.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: July 07, 2021, 08:08:31 AM »
They left out the parts where the police welcomed them in with open arms, unlocked the magnetic doors and took selfies with the protestors.

Yep, I've seen footage of one officer seemingly taking a selfie with the rioters. And a couple moving some gates out of the way, seemingly to let people in. As for the "magnetic lock" thing, it's unclear:

In the latest filing, prosecutors devoted an entire section to a The Gateway Pundit interview of an anonymous Marine veteran from May 24. The magistrate judge said the government previously fell short in proving that the veteran was Dolan, but this time prosecutors claim they can show it was Dolan who espoused a “conspiracy theory” about police opening “magnetic locks” to let him and others into the Capitol.

“Just two weeks ago, Defendant Dolan apparently gave an interview to the Gateway Pundit, describing his actions on January 6 and a conspiracy theory about the Capitol Police actually unlocking the ‘magnetic’ doors to let him inside. Judge Matthewman held that the government did not meet its burden to prove that Defendant Dolan in fact gave the interview. The government does so below,” prosecutors began.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/prosecutors-use-gateway-pundit-interview-magnetic-locks-conspiracy-theory-against-marine-veteran-charged-in-oath-keepers-case/

Seems questionable at best.

You realize guns were drawn and such, right? You know, to stop the "threat".

Are you saying January 6th wasn't that big of deal? And that the entirety of the Capitol police welcomed the throngs with open arms and said "Do whatever it is you want to do to the Capitol and its occupants"?
And let's say that's all true. Would it be ok in your mind if Antifa did the same? If BLM did the same? Why would it be ok for Trump supporters to demand free roam in the Capitol and not any other group?

Maybe storming the Capitol should be a daily thing. Instead of tours, you can just bust in and try and thwart legislative proceedings.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: July 07, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
There are a number of videos showing the police welcoming in the protestors, opening doors for them, waving them in, laughing, taking selfies.

The fact that they don't show any of that at all makes the portrayal of this to be dishonest.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: July 07, 2021, 08:53:19 AM »
The fact that they don't show any of that at all makes the portrayal of this to be dishonest.
You think cherry picking things that show a narrative you want to promote is dishonest?
For once, I agree with you...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9015 on: July 07, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »
There are a number of videos showing the police welcoming in the protestors, opening doors for them, waving them in, laughing, taking selfies.

Yep.  They should have totally showed police breaking the law and violating their oath.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: July 07, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
The moment a gun went off inside the building the entire crowd turned around and left. The capitol police clearly didn't do much to prevent people from entering if they let unarmed people just lazily walk in to potentially "kill politicians" without any appreciable force at all. The documentary should be about their ineptitude/corruption.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 09:45:12 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: July 07, 2021, 10:42:26 AM »
The moment a gun went off inside the building the entire crowd turned around and left. The capitol police clearly didn't do much to prevent people from entering if they let unarmed people just lazily walk in to potentially "kill politicians" without any appreciable force at all. The documentary should be about their ineptitude/corruption.

Pretty sure thats a no.
It took a few hours AFTER someone was shot and killed before they were arrested by police.
Also Trump told them to go home a few hours after thr first gunshot as well.

But is your argument really "If it was wrong, why was it so easy"?
Or is it "The Trump administration downplayed threats of violence so capital police were unprepared."?

Also:
https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-police-officer-james-blassingame-insurrection-gun-2021-6

Summary: They wouldn't run away, they'd tear you apart in vengence.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: July 07, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »

Pretty sure thats a no.
It took a few hours AFTER someone was shot and killed before they were arrested by police.

Or is it "The Trump administration downplayed threats of violence so capital police were unprepared."?

Also:
https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-police-officer-james-blassingame-insurrection-gun-2021-6

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only shot fired was by Capitol police and the result was a 50 year old, unarmed, female Trump supporter was murdered.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »

Pretty sure thats a no.

Also:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only shot fired was by Capitol police and the result was a 50 year old, unarmed, female Trump supporter was murdered.
You are incorrect.
The only shots fired was by Secret Service as a 50 year old, unarmed, female trump supporter attempted to climb through the window of a barricaded door(with a large mod banging on the door) where high level senators were taking shelter.