Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #8980 on: June 27, 2021, 06:01:32 AM »

Rama Set

« Reply #8981 on: June 28, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/william-barrs-trump-administration-attorney-general/619298/

Barr giving a little peak behind the scenes at what a cry baby Trump was post-election.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: June 28, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/06/william-barrs-trump-administration-attorney-general/619298/

Barr giving a little peak behind the scenes at what a cry baby Trump was post-election.

And ifs no wonder if Trump only feeds himself with things that agree with him.  His entire world is literally "This is How great Trump is....."
He might as well be Kim Jong Un listening to North Korean News.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: June 30, 2021, 12:57:36 AM »
"Trump supporter warns CNN reporter of 'civil war' if former president not reinstated 'soon' | TheHill" https://thehill.com/homenews/media/560681-trump-supporter-warns-cnn-reporter-of-civil-war-if-former-president-not?amp

Trump's reinstatement has become the new Rapture, lol. When these idiots are disappointed in August I wonder what the new date will be.

And bring on the Civil War. Roughly 30% of the country, average age about 55, scary lol. I just hope they wear their diapers on the battlefields because think of the potential mess.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: June 30, 2021, 03:14:19 AM »
One woman told O'Sullivan she believed the Jan. 6 insurrection was completely "staged."

There's a contradiction that I'm surprised no one points out about this particular conspiracy theory.

If they really believed that the election was stolen then these insurrectionists were patriots.  Why would they say it's staged? 

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8985 on: June 30, 2021, 04:19:50 AM »
One woman told O'Sullivan she believed the Jan. 6 insurrection was completely "staged."

There's a contradiction that I'm surprised no one points out about this particular conspiracy theory.

If they really believed that the election was stolen then these insurrectionists were patriots.  Why would they say it's staged?

Trumpism is inherently contradictory. Fans believe that Trump is a cool bad boy who fucks all the ladies and lives a glitz-coated high life, but is also a pious, responsible family man who's morally superior to his political rivals; that Trump appointed all the best people himself because he has such good judgement, but also everyone he worked with was a deep state plant who did nothing but interfere; that the numerous leakers and whistleblowers during the administration were traitors and Trump had every right to track them down and punish them to the fullest extent of the law, but also they didn't exist and were fabricated by the lying media; that Trump was the greatest president ever and accomplished more than anyone else in history, but also he was foiled at every turn by the entrenched deep state and that's why he needs another term of office. It's about whatever feels good at the time, and more importantly, whatever makes Trump look good. Consistency is not a part of that equation.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: June 30, 2021, 06:11:01 AM »
Pretty weird how you guys are still obsessed about Trump. I only rarely mentioned Obama and Bush after they were presidents.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: June 30, 2021, 06:29:08 AM »
Pretty weird how you guys are still obsessed about Trump. I only rarely mentioned Obama and Bush after they were presidents.

Obama wasn't a dangerously insane reality tv star who tried to destroy American democracy.

Rama Set

« Reply #8988 on: June 30, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »

Just last year you were talking about conspiracies about Obama being a homosexual and started a thread about how he was a traitor. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: June 30, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »

Obama wasn't a dangerously insane reality tv star who tried to destroy American democracy.

Also, unlike Obama and Bush, he's trying to keep his followers and not fade inti the background.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #8990 on: June 30, 2021, 11:34:55 AM »
It’s the opposite. He still thinks he can usurp the government.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: June 30, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »

Its not a usurp if you honstly believe you were cheated.  Then its justice.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: June 30, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »
Does he, though? I mean, who knows what really goes on in his head.
But he's a serial grifter, a lot of this has been to raise money to fight the good fight (read "service his debts")
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: June 30, 2021, 02:04:57 PM »
But he's a serial grifter, a lot of this has been to raise money to fight the good fight (read "service his debts")

Which is the humorous part to all of this.  Why all of his supporters are enjoying the reach around he's giving them he's quietly picking all their pockets.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: June 30, 2021, 02:24:51 PM »

Obama kind of left the public view after he lost his office. Trump continues to be a danger to our democracy. It's justified.

Also if we can keep the conversation going until the midterm elections it may be our best shot at bucking the norm and keeping a Democratic majority in Congress (a tall order given all the Republican efforts to suppress the vote, but still, the best shot we have). So thanks Trump for refusing to shut up!
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: June 30, 2021, 02:26:56 PM »

Which is the humorous part to all of this.  Why all of his supporters are enjoying the reach around he's giving them he's quietly picking all their pockets.

The very best con men will convince the extremely gullible all along that they're doing the right thing, don't worry about it!

And that's all Trump is of course.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: June 30, 2021, 02:28:34 PM »
Probably also worth pointing out, neither Obama nor Bush are eligible to run for POTUS again while Trump is eligible and still politically active.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: June 30, 2021, 04:35:53 PM »

Obama kind of left the public view after he lost his office. Trump continues to be a danger to our democracy. It's justified.

Also if we can keep the conversation going until the midterm elections it may be our best shot at bucking the norm and keeping a Democratic majority in Congress (a tall order given all the Republican efforts to suppress the vote, but still, the best shot we have). So thanks Trump for refusing to shut up!

There is this bizarre aspect.

All things being equal, republicans take the house in 2022.  There is no scenario where this isn't a given, except if Trump gets involved and works the same magic he did for the senate in 2020.

So... um... Go Trump?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: June 30, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: June 30, 2021, 06:13:02 PM »
Lollerz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57669976

Yeah... I'm going into this with very low expectations.  I predict a few people getting a six month sentence done in house arrest, probably reduced to community service.  But maybe this time it'll be different.