Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
Vanishing posts
« on: May 19, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
Hello,

I have the feeling that posts or replies to other post are vanishing. Is my observation correct? Where can I find a list of all posts or comments?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Vanishing posts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:31 AM »
Your observation is incorrect. Your non-constructive posts are being moved to a thread of their own (see rule 6), but since it's not a major problem yet, you've not received a warning for it (perhaps that's a mistake on my part).

You can view all of your posts at http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts. This is accessible from your user profile.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
Angry ranting?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
Why do some of my comments to posts end up in "Angry ranting"? This is strange, and if this is done deliberately, it supresses a free communication in this forum.

I would consider this a personal insult, which is not allowed, according to the Forum rules.

If I have violated the forum rules, I would like to know on which basis, so I can avoid it in the future.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:55:42 AM by alex »

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
Hi,

I am a bit worried. I always try to focus on the given topic, while many, many other posts get astray and post material which does not contribute to the specific topic. I can give you some examples if you like.

For example I ask a question and get a discussion on some misspelled word, not contributing the the actual topic. This I would consider a violation of rule #6.

I cannot see I have violated this rule! But I will take care...

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:10:34 AM »
I am a bit worried. I always try to focus on the given topic, while many, many other posts get astray and post material which does not contribute to the specific topic. I can give you some examples if you like.
Yes, as mentioned in the rule's description, decisions in these cases are made on a post-by-post basis, and it's not always easy to set out a strict cut-off point for a rule this vague. This is why I opted for no warning, but I take the point that I should have informed you about moving your posts.

An occasional minor deviation may be fine, but entering a FET thread and contributing nothing other than "I think/know the Earth is round" is probably not going to be welcome. A lot depends on what you say and how you say it. For example, your most recent (third!) attempt at replying to this thread offers some actual advice, and while it's still not particularly contributive, it's no longer particularly disruptive.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:25:16 AM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume