Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1380 on: September 29, 2023, 03:47:02 AM »
Real Clear Investigations reporter and NY Post columnist Paul Sperry also notes that television networks are not covering it.

Comments in the post only note internet streams available.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:51:01 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 29, 2023, 09:42:00 PM »
The Tweet is claiming that the big television networks are not covering it.
That depends on what level of coverage you're looking for.  If you want wall to wall coverage, then you're out of luck, but all of the news outlets are acknowledging that an impeachment inquiry has begun.  But, then again, what do you expect when even a number of Republicans are saying that there doesn't appear to be much of any evidence of wrongdoing?

I would also suggest that there is a difference between a "coverage blackout" and "just not bothering to cover it".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:44:28 PM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 30, 2023, 04:31:08 PM »
all of the news outlets are acknowledging that an impeachment inquiry has begun

What? You mean this guy on Twitter is lying? Surely not!
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 30, 2023, 05:24:14 PM »
all of the news outlets are acknowledging that an impeachment inquiry has begun

What? You mean this guy on Twitter is lying? Surely not!
Nah.  He's just using a different definition of "blacked out" than most of the rest of the English speaking world.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 30, 2023, 10:47:33 PM »
There was not any notable television coverage by the big three, and the total corporate news media coverage including internet articles was cursory and misleading.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/29/yes-the-biden-impeachment-hearing-presented-evidence-of-corruption-lots-of-it/

Yes, The Biden Impeachment Hearing Presented Evidence Of Corruption — Lots Of It

The corporate news media all but refused to cover the opening hearing of the House impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden on Thursday, and to the extent they did, it was only to repeat, at the behest of the White House, the exhausted mantra that there’s “no evidence” connecting Biden to his son Hunter’s international bribery scheme.

(The New York Times ran with a cursory and misleadingly headlined article, “First Impeachment Hearing Yields No New Information on Biden,” that boasted “even their [Republicans’] witnesses said the case for impeachment hadn’t been made.” Which, of course the case hasn’t been made yet. That’s why you launch an inquiry, of which Thursday was day one.)

But if the media had actually covered it, the American public might have heard more about the mounds of damning evidence now piling up by the day, including the release on Wednesday by the House Ways and Means Committee of reams of text messages and emails between Hunter Biden, his uncle James Biden, and a colorful array of foreign oligarchs, business associates, and bagmen. All told, House Republicans presented more than two dozen pieces of evidence on Thursday linking Joe Biden to his son’s overseas business dealings.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:50:09 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #1385 on: September 30, 2023, 11:04:16 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/29/yes-the-biden-impeachment-hearing-presented-evidence-of-corruption-lots-of-it/

mounds of damning evidence now piling up by the day, including the release on Wednesday by the House Ways and Means Committee of reams of text messages and emails between Hunter Biden, his uncle James Biden, and a colorful array of foreign oligarchs, business associates, and bagmen.

hey which one of those is joe biden
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 30, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »

mounds of damning evidence now piling up by the day, including the release on Wednesday by the House Ways and Means Committee of reams of text messages and emails between Hunter Biden, his uncle James Biden, and a colorful array of foreign oligarchs, business associates, and bagmen.

I know the evidence against Joe is coming any day now, and I'm sure whatever it might be it will be damning.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 01, 2023, 02:15:52 AM »

I know the evidence against Joe is coming any day now, and I'm sure whatever it might be it will be damning.
I'm sure that the My Pillow guy is working on it and will deliver a massive data dump that will put the whole Biden family, all of Burisma and most of the Ukrainian government behind bars forever.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 01, 2023, 04:42:01 AM »

And how many of the actual texts and emails are documenting crimes?
Like I can release gigabytes of emails but most of them are reminders about payments.
And as someone who works for a major company, he would have texts and emails with business associates.  Probably even major foreign investors.  Especially when you work in a foreign country.

As an example:
I reguarly communicate company secrets with foreign entities.
The foreign entities being my coworkers.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 02, 2023, 03:48:20 AM »
This isn't strictly speaking related to Biden, but I think the recent story about Jamaal Bowman deserves some attention, because we can learn a lot from it about false equivalencies, media negligence, and one key difference between Republicans and Democrats:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bowman-fire-alarm-congressional-vote/story?id=103629140

Conservatives have been delighted with this story, and everyone from Trump on down has been loudly crowing about how this is a huge scandal totally on par with the insurrection (while also paradoxically maintaining that the insurrection wasn't a big deal and its participants have been treated unjustly and at the same time that the insurrection was an elaborate false flag meant to make conservatives look bad). A Democratic congressman tried to sabotage the vote on a bill to end the shutdown! There are two major flaws in this narrative. One, the bill passed with the near-unanimous support of House Democrats. Why would Bowman want to sabotage voting on a bill that he and virtually his entire party supported? Two, and perhaps more importantly, this wasn't in the Capitol building. This was the Cannon House Office Building, a different building entirely. Bowman didn't disrupt the vote or even disturb his fellow legislators at all. He set off a fire alarm in a nearby building.

The article I linked mentions these facts, as most of the mainstream media did, but makes no effort to be proactive and emphasize the actual consequences, or lack thereof, of what Bowman did. Instead, the media just sat back and let the conservative propaganda machine set the narrative they must have known was coming. There was a Democrat, there was a false alarm in a building on the Capitol grounds, and there was an upcoming vote. Therefore, Democrats were trying to sabotage the vote! Anyone could have predicted this, let alone the people in the media. Why didn't they make the effort to combat this? Just add a couple of lines near the end of the article emphasizing that what Bowman did was in a different building to where the vote was being held and also that he supported it. In today's media landscape, clarifying those points is necessary context. It's not neutral or objective reporting to do nothing and let known bad actors set a false narrative. It's the opposite, in fact.

And as a final point, maybe I'm wrong and Bowman really was more than just careless here. Maybe he was trying to delay the vote rather than outright sabotage it, as some people have speculated. His actions should be investigated, and if it turns out that he did this on purpose, then he should face the consequences. And here's the great part - he will face the consequences! Because no matter what the both-sides edgelords would have you believe, there are some pretty major differences between Republicans and Democrats, and here's one of the biggest - Democrats actually answer for their misconduct. Republicans will close their ranks and faithfully defend the likes of Donald Trump, Roy Moore, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Greg Gianforte, Duncan Hunter, and George Santos. From sex pests to violent criminals to genuinely crazy people who would be babbling on street corners if they weren't born into wealth and privilege, the Republican Party will protect every flavor of distasteful and outright horrible people as long as they vote the right way. But the Democratic Party generally holds its members accountable. Sometimes to a fault, like with Katie Hill. But in any case, yes, Bowman will answer for what he's done. He wouldn't if he were a Republican.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:36:51 PM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 10, 2023, 12:20:19 PM »
Well this is ironic

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:28:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 10, 2023, 03:30:50 PM »
Well this is ironic

It's disappointing. But people forget that the border wall was never a specifically Trump, or even Republican, concept. Clinton's administration was the first to start construction on a border between Mexico and the US and Obama added to it.

Honestly I think it's a mistake politically on Biden's part, even though those funds were appropriated for the wall in 2019 and the money would have just languished in limbo if he hadn't approved it. We probably shouldn't be doing it if we need to waive 20 federal laws and regulations to build it. In the end I think the constant cost of repairs and upgrades aren't worth it.

Imagine if Trump had actually delivered on his promises and built a solid wall from end to end. Keeping the wall stable long term would be a nightmare fiscally. It already pretty much is, given that if it weren't for the need to repair sections of the wall that had already been built by the time Trump was president he might have actually been able to deliver on his promise. Of course Trump said he would force Mexico to pay for it, giving the illusion to people susceptible to his bullshit that the financial issue was solved. But any rational person could see that that was always just a pipe dream, as indeed it ended up being. And despite Trump's promises that his financial acumen would allow the wall to be built more cheaply and efficiently than previous administrations, he ended up spending five times per mile more than previous administrations had, a cost that we as taxpayers had to pay. Oops.

So we've been trying to build this wall for nearly 30 years now, and have made little progress, and clearly what's already been done has done little to nothing to stop the border crossings. If the wall worked like Trump insisted it would we wouldn't be facing this crisis now. It was a failed experiment, and it's time to abandon it and try to find a solution that actually works.

The wall is a financial and logistical nightmare, and it demonstrably failed in its intended purpose. That's why Democrats were against it, and that's why Biden promised not to add to it. There's no way this decision isn't going to cost Biden politically. If he's doing it only for the financial reasons (which I think are offset by the negatives) he should have waited until after he won the election. Caving now makes him look weak.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 03:33:34 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 30, 2023, 05:24:13 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-agrees-testify-house-oversight-committee-rcna126962

So "We need transparency" Republicans really really don't want Hunter Biden's testemony to be public.  Wonder why?

Any insights Tom?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 30, 2023, 08:59:23 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-agrees-testify-house-oversight-committee-rcna126962

So "We need transparency" Republicans really really don't want Hunter Biden's testemony to be public.  Wonder why?

Any insights Tom?

The punchline is that most Republicans can't explain specifically any evidence supporting their narrative. After years of searching, all we keep hearing is 'foreign money from U.S. adversaries' without a molecule of proof. They know how stupid they're going to look when they put Hunter on the stand and it becomes obvious that they have no real evidence.

This is how the Republican party operates now. They launch attacks and worry about reality later. Just like their impeachment of Joe Biden, their first witness "acknowledged that the evidence Republicans had gathered so far, however, doesn't prove their case."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-republicans-hold-first-hearing-biden-impeachment-inquiry-rcna117657

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 30, 2023, 09:10:42 PM »
That was a brilliant move on Hunter's part, really. He knows they don't have shit and he wants to make sure the world knows, too.

This whole thing is such a clown show, smoke and mirrors to try to convince the country that Biden is somehow an even bigger criminal than Trump. It plays well to the base (who almost by nature are suckers) and maybe some gullible independents so why not?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: November 30, 2023, 10:30:29 PM »
The punchline is that most Republicans can't explain specifically any evidence supporting their narrative. After years of searching, all we keep hearing is 'foreign money from U.S. adversaries' without a molecule of proof. They know how stupid they're going to look when they put Hunter on the stand and it becomes obvious that they have no real evidence.
Nah.  They'll probably just double down and accuse Hunter of lying and charge him with obstruction or something stupid like that,

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 01, 2023, 03:22:34 AM »

Any insights Tom?

If you ever watch a public congressional testimony a good percentage of the responses to the questions are "I can't mention names in public" or "I can't disclose that in this public setting" and that somehow passes for an answer.

It sounds like they want a private deposition and are also open to a public one at a future date as well.

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1729511683301716088

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 03:28:38 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31:02 AM »

Any insights Tom?

If you ever watch a public congressional testimony a good percentage of the responses to the questions are "I can't mention names in public" or "I can't disclose that in this public setting" and that somehow passes for an answer.

It sounds like they want a private deposition and are also open to a public one at a future date as well.

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1729511683301716088

Since the investigation is about foreign entites outside US jurisdiction, Joe Biden, and Hunter Biden... Not sure what names they could mention that shouldn't be public.  That sounds like an excuse. 

As for the future: is that before or after they release edited, out of context clips?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 01, 2023, 06:57:52 PM »
Well a deposition regarding potentially illegal activity should probably be done in private. If anything illegal was done then the names Hunter Biden has to mention should probably go to law enforcement or the Congressional Sergeant at Arms rather than speak the names in public and tip off a potential criminal who thought that they were safe or that they wouldn't be pointed out, and cause people to destroy records and documents in a mad panic.

Among its powers, the House performs law enforcement functions and has powers to arrest people who defy their orders. If you are called by the House to testify in a private deposition, you should probably do what they say.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:42:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 01, 2023, 07:44:08 PM »
The Republicans want this done in private so they will be free to tell their mindless followers what Hunter Biden said instead of them hearing what Hunter Biden actually said. They did the same with other testimonies done in private. They don't give a shit about judicial integrity or protecting the process, they want to control the narrative to program their base of subnormal simpletons.

They understand that the Trumpians don't read and will never look at the transcripts of what's really happening. It's the same trick they did with the Mueller report. He told his idiot army that the report exonerated him and they believed him without one split second of fact checking or critical thinking.

The Republicans are going to lie about what Hunter Biden says. It what's they do. Fortunately, some of us are literate enough to find out the truth.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.