Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Joe Biden is winning by a landslide
« Reply #920 on: March 26, 2021, 12:20:05 AM »
And if I remember correctly the PA GOP passed it about a year before the election.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 26, 2021, 12:02:11 PM »
I want to see a group of radicalized rednecks amped up on Russian propaganda take another run at the Capitol Building while the lizards are in charge.

Truckloads of hillbilly hamburger meat...
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 26, 2021, 12:19:39 PM »
And if I remember correctly the PA GOP passed it about a year before the election.
Also, weirdly there were no legal challenges in States which had the exact same laws but which they won.
Funny, that!
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 26, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
Also, weirdly there were no legal challenges in States which had the exact same laws but which they won.
Funny, that!

The GOP being hypocrites?  Say it isn't so.

I'm still waiting to see all these 'illegal' laws and actions that totally turned a 10 million Trump lead into a massive catastrophic loss.

I mean, nobody would believe that if there wasn't actual evidence, right? They wouldn't just listen to Fox and blindly believe it... there has to be some court cases they won proving all this fraud? Somewhere?

Rama Set

« Reply #924 on: March 26, 2021, 02:08:27 PM »
Funny, that!

I'm still waiting to see all these 'illegal' laws and actions that totally turned a 10 million Trump lead into a massive catastrophic loss.

They weren’t laws, they were regulations that extended voting due to the extenuating circumstances. It’s not a fraud claim, it’s that the administration of the election was unconstitutional because it violated the plenary authority of the State legislatures.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 27, 2021, 02:22:46 AM »
Funny, that!

They weren’t laws, they were regulations that extended voting due to the extenuating circumstances. It’s not a fraud claim, it’s that the administration of the election was unconstitutional because it violated the plenary authority of the State legislatures.

That makes their claims even weirder. I feel that they're basically arguing that democracy is unfair because if everyone voted then they wouldn't win an election.  So they should be allowed to give their opponents a handicap to even the odds.

Not sure if that's true exactly but it seems like that's what they're saying.

Rama Set

« Reply #926 on: March 27, 2021, 10:19:26 AM »
They’ve expressed that exact sentiment multiple times. That’s because it’s true. They’ve only won the popular vote once in the past seven elections and that was at 50.7%

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 27, 2021, 02:29:09 PM »
They’ve expressed that exact sentiment multiple times. That’s because it’s true. They’ve only won the popular vote once in the past seven elections and that was at 50.7%

Yep.
The issue, quite simply, is one of density.
The small towns with only a few thousand people are primarily conservative.  And they hate being overshadowed by the (typically) liberal cities.

Basically: "Why is it that 50 counties all vote red but we're blue because 2 vote blue?"
Answer: 51% of the population is in thise two counties.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »
I thought this was kind of an interesting infographic - I can't speak to the validity of it, but I don't really doubt it either:

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2021, 06:38:25 PM »
Interesting.
This was one of the claims of “fraud” after the election. “But how can Biden have won when Trump won most of the counties?”. To which the very simple answer is...because those counties are where most of the people live.

So yes, it is about density in more ways than one...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #930 on: March 27, 2021, 06:49:22 PM »
The GOP loves representation by surface area.

Rama Set

« Reply #931 on: April 04, 2021, 07:02:50 PM »
I can only assume Tom is not happy about the incredibly biased firm the AZ Senate chose to audit their election results:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/545984-arizona-senate-hires-firm-that-spread-election-lie-to-audit-county-results

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 04, 2021, 07:06:44 PM »
I can only assume Tom is not happy about the incredibly biased firm the AZ Senate chose to audit their election results:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/545984-arizona-senate-hires-firm-that-spread-election-lie-to-audit-county-results

Someone who is skeptical of Dominion and is driven to expose it is a better choice than someone who isn't. It doesn't matter who they voted for or their previous opinions. Lying to the court about what they find in the audit is highly illegal, and would land them in prison.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:09:29 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #933 on: April 04, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »

Someone who is skeptical of Dominion and is driven to expose it is a better choice than someone who isn't. It doesn't matter who they voted for or their previous opinions. Lying to the court about what they find in the audit is highly illegal, and would land them in prison.

Oh my bad. You do prefer a biased audit. RIP your integrity.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 04, 2021, 07:41:16 PM »

Yeah because all police investigators and detectives think that the people who they are investigating for crimes are completely innocent.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:42:53 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2021, 07:42:38 PM »
Lying to the court about what they find in the audit is highly illegal, and would land them in prison.

so is election fraud.

SUPER weird how trump had the full power of the doj, fbi, cia, and the rest of the alphabet soup at his disposal, yet never once brought criminal charges against anyone. but hey, keep talking about voting machine audits or whatever. civil term is definitely the correct place to litigate election fraud if you don't actually believe it's real but just want to bilk your supporters out of their hard-earned cash.

here's how trump can still win...
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »

Yeah because all police investigators and detectives think that the people who they are investigating for crimes are completely innocent.  ::)

Oh so you don’t have a problem with biased auditors. That’s weird because you complained about the bias of the auditors in the first audit.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 04, 2021, 07:55:12 PM »

Oh so you don’t have a problem with biased auditors. That’s weird because you complained about the bias of the auditors in the first audit.

The suspected criminals orchestrated the audit. If a company accused of fraud presents an audit that they orchastrated themselves, which claims that they are absolved, it is usually considered to be of little value.

In this case we have a State Senate suspicious of an election organization, wanting to audit them with people driven to expose it and you are here in high alert trying to discredit it based solely on your intuition that nothing wrong was done. Sounds like a pretty desperate and pathetic stance to take.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:04:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #938 on: April 04, 2021, 08:20:16 PM »

The suspected criminals orchestrated the audit. If a company accused of fraud presents an audit that they orchastrated themselves, which claims that they are absolved, it is usually considered to be of little value.

In this case we have a State Senate suspicious of an election organization, wanting to audit them with people driven to expose it and you are here in high alert trying to discredit it based solely on your intuition that nothing wrong was done. Sounds like a pretty desperate and pathetic stance to take.

There haven’t been any criminal charges. There hasn’t even been evidence of fraud which would necessitate fraud charges. Indeed the senate itself said the audit was to determine if there was fraud. You are calling my stance pathetic yet you are presupposing conclusions and preferring your team’s bias over another or a non-biased firm. I mean, this is right in your playbook but it still makes me smile at the absurdity.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 04, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »
And so what if a detective thinks that their suspect is guilty? The detective's bias means nothing. It's not up to the detective to convict the suspected criminal. The detective's evidence, however, contributes towards aiding in the investigation and sending the person to jail.

You know very well that if the Senate's firm finds bad things against Dominion or the elections officials that it opens the way for a trial, discovery, investigations, and further subpoenas. You also know that in this county there has been refusals to obey previous subpoenas, shredded ballots, and allegations leading up to this and that it isn't out of the blue.

What happened to your previous statements that you welcomed audits? Obviously another fib from you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:36:34 PM by Tom Bishop »