Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
Re: Is God possible?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
Romans 01:21 .. for even though they knew God .. they did not honor him as God or give thanks ..
but they became futile in their speculations .. and their foolish heart was darkened
01:22 .. professing to be wise .. they became fools
01:23 .. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures ....... [ aliens ?? ]
01:24 .. therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity .. so that their bodies would be dishonored among them
01:25 .. for they exchanged the truth of God for a lie .. and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator .. who is blessed forever . . . amen

-----------------
attributing deity to anything and everything BUT the one who is worthy - the one and only God of all creation

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:35:04 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:32 PM »
Romans 01:21 .. for even though they knew God .. they did not honor him as God or give thanks ..
but they became futile in their speculations .. and their foolish heart was darkened
01:22 .. professing to be wise .. they became fools
01:23 .. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures ....... [ aliens ?? ]
01:24 .. therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity .. so that their bodies would be dishonored among them
01:25 .. for they exchanged the truth of God for a lie .. and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator .. who is blessed forever . . . amen

-----------------
attributing deity to anything and everything BUT the one who is worthy - the one and only God of all creation

2 Corinthians 13:5 English Standard Version (ESV)

5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Is it wrong to question God's existence? I think God encourages it.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2019, 05:55:27 PM »
With more and more physicists now entertaining the simulation theory, it seems theists and atheists are slowly coming together in the conclusion that we were created in some sense. The only question that remains is the specific circumstance of our creation, and where on the scale of power our progenitor lies. The creator of our simulation would certainly appear to be supernatural to us, and would possess infinite power over our own universe, if the simulation theory ends up being true.

Certainly, if you consider the idea of an infinite multiverse, and that the most powerful possible being exists within it, then that being would probably be a literal god to us. But I also don’t think it would care in the slightest what we do, whether we go to church on Sundays, or even consider us at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:06:35 PM by Fortuna »

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »
It's sad that Science and Spirituality are enemies. They should not be.

Thr grass sprouts and grows up and makes it's own food from sunlight... man if that aint a fucking miracle what is?

Your daughter has your nose and when she sits and thinks looks just like you...

Wtf? You can't see the miracle in those things? I feel sorry for you.

There is a power greater than we. There must be. All that is... is. Where did it all come from?

If You believe in evolution or creationism or simulation... who or what started it all?

Man there has to be a creator. How can there not be? Everything is so perfect... and you scream accident?

An apple tree doesnt give oranges. The sea breeds fish... these are fucking miracles.

How can you look at the world and only see mechanical operations?

Who robbed you of your spirit? I pity he who says there is no God/Intelligence greater than man or some supposed alien...

Your poor empty soul

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 10:00:04 AM »
An apple tree doesnt give oranges. The sea breeds fish... these are fucking miracles. There must be. How can there not be? General hysterical incredulity.

No, that’d be an orange tree, fish breed in the sea, with other fish, kinda like you’d expect, I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of wonder, marvelling at sunsets, spider webs and the interconnectedness of nature, it’s just that gods apparent heirs to all this, those that have been given dominion over the fishes of the sea and all (according to one old collection of myths) have made such a spectacular mess of things.

If the science bit is right and we condense the age of the earth down to a day, then we arrived as a species 4-2 seconds (depending) before midnight (God, “Oh shit I forgot the humans!”), in the split second before the chimes we have trashed the place.

I hope there isn’t a god, if there is, he/she is a dick.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
An apple tree doesnt give oranges. The sea breeds fish... these are fucking miracles. There must be. How can there not be? General hysterical incredulity.

No, that’d be an orange tree, fish breed in the sea, with other fish, kinda like you’d expect, I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of wonder, marvelling at sunsets, spider webs and the interconnectedness of nature, it’s just that gods apparent heirs to all this, those that have been given dominion over the fishes of the sea and all (according to one old collection of myths) have made such a spectacular mess of things.

If the science bit is right and we condense the age of the earth down to a day, then we arrived as a species 4-2 seconds (depending) before midnight (God, “Oh shit I forgot the humans!”), in the split second before the chimes we have trashed the place.

I hope there isn’t a god, if there is, he/she is a dick.

^This person thinks they are better than other people. He'd never trash the planet. He isn't one of the terrible humans. He has the right to judge them all because he is above all that. And look at his ability to look through space and time and understand the human psyche. He's so much more intelligent than regular people. Other people only believe in God because they aren't as smart as him.

Welcome to the progressive ... politics individually tailored for the narcissist.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 11:19:13 AM »

This person uses personal attacks and denigration to hide the fact he has no answers, other than, I really want there to be something otherwise the universe is too big and I don’t matter, which more than anyone else here, he doesn’t.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 11:38:25 AM »

This person uses personal attacks and denigration to hide the fact he has no answers, other than, I really want there to be something otherwise the universe is too big and I don’t matter, which more than anyone else here, he doesn’t.

Of course I have no answers. But neither do you, you ridiculous peacock. You think you can work out the meaning of life with a calculator and a bunch of bearded men with sandals?

The universe isn't too big. I don't care about any of the bits that I can never visit. There is nothing but cold rocks and boiling stars anyway. I'm happy in this little bit of it.
Maybe I don't matter to you. But I matter to someone. And that's enough for me. A sense of belonging that means I don't have to keep turning my eyes to the heavens wondering if life might be better elsewhere.

I'm interconnected and invested in my life right here, right now. I don't think I'm worthless. That the earth should burn. That everything is pointless. That humanity is a disease. I haven't imprisoned myself in my own personal hell.

I hope there isn’t a god
Because you'd rather be worthless than wrong. The progressive, ladies and gentleman.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 12:49:44 PM »
Let me walk you through this;
The analogy of how long we have been around (the 4 or so seconds) was in relation to the age of the earth, if you extrapolate that to the universe, and then state that a god put us here for such a fleeting moment (seeing as how quickly, in that time we have destroyed Eden and accordingly are liable to last), for a reason(?). Then that is something I will call bollocks on all day.

The personal hell bit;
Your inability to comprehend that an atheist can exist without killing themselves or being morbidly depressed, is just that, your failure.
Personally, I’m having a great time and intend to do so until such time as I cease to exist, most likely for the rest of eternity, c`est la vie. It certainly doesn’t stop me valuing people or wanting the very best for my children and the earth.

Atheism isn’t meant to “make me happy” or “give me self-worth”, it’s a position I take from the world around me.
My self-worth and genuine happiness, starts and ends with me. I don’t have to manufacture “a reason to bother”, it’s just there, blindingly evident.

You accuse me of rather being worthless than wrong, whilst earlier admitting you’d rather be happy than right, well I see myself as happy and right, you take your pick.
Your philosophy seems to be built on having to compromise truth in favour of finding a meaning and building your happiness on that, to paraphrase you,  The regressive, ladies and gentlemen.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:52:38 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
How is it that only progressive’s are atheist/agnostic again?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 05:17:55 PM »
Let me walk you through this;
The analogy of how long we have been around (the 4 or so seconds) was in relation to the age of the earth, if you extrapolate that to the universe, and then state that a god put us here for such a fleeting moment (seeing as how quickly, in that time we have destroyed Eden and accordingly are liable to last), for a reason(?). Then that is something I will call bollocks on all day.
Where do you get this stupid idea that we have destroyed the earth? It is still here. Its fine. Its better than fine, it is habitable. We need to change the earth to make our lives better. We need to dig up minerals and elements to make batteries for example. At the end of that, we have something better. A thing that does a thing.
Maybe we need to mine stone for asphalt or dig clay for bricks. At the end of that we have transport links and homes. That is not destroying the earth. It is making earth capable of supporting more people. An improvement. The alternative is living in caves.

The personal hell bit;
Your inability to comprehend that an atheist can exist without killing themselves or being morbidly depressed, is just that, your failure.
Personally, I’m having a great time and intend to do so until such time as I cease to exist, most likely for the rest of eternity, c`est la vie. It certainly doesn’t stop me valuing people or wanting the very best for my children and the earth.
You seem deeply unhappy. The earth is being destroyed. People are evil and stupid. Humans abuse fish by fishing them. Meat is murder. blah blah blah. It is a list of leftist tropes. That's why I picked you up on it. You were not talking about God. You were espousing leftist ideology. And because you all believe all the same things (abortion good, capital punishment bad, feminism good, meritocracy bad, affirmative action good, using a car bad, using an anal dildo good etc) you all have literally no independent ideas of your own, much like the Borg. Leftists don't believe in God. That's the reason you don't. That's it. If they did and along with racist, misogynist and homophobe, people on Twitter also screamed Heretic, you'd believe in God and would be every bit as pious about that as you undoubtedly are about carbon emissions.

Atheism isn’t meant to “make me happy” or “give me self-worth”, it’s a position I take from the world around me.
No. Its a position you take from being a leftist. Leftism is built around individualism. Narcissism. And to that end, you are the most important person on earth. All leftists are. They are selfish self-absorbed twats. There can't be a God, because he didn't choose you to rule everyone else. Your life is very ordinary. And Christianity is about loving each other, not casting the first stone, family values, personal responsibility ... things that tell you that you aren't the centre of the universe. All leftists are atheists. Not all atheists are leftists.

well I see myself as happy and right, you take your pick.
Of course you do. Leftists are never wrong. They never compromise. They never change their mind. They are ideologues. Resistance is futile once the Borg have you.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
Leftism is built around individualism.

hmm

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 09:25:00 PM »

Okay, I've finished laughing. The Earths fine, really, and I don't believe in god because of leftist indoctrination,the borg, Dildos (?), illuminating.
The question is are you stupid enough to actually believe the bollocks you've written?

I notice that apart from spouting pretty much the whole of the book of Dave and trying to wind me up, you didn't answer the central point, that god, after experimenting with bacteria for millennia and giving the dinosaurs 165 million years of reign, then and only then, it brings us up out of the mud allows us to play with countless pantheons of other gods before revealing himself to a few tribes, an eye-blink ago in the scheme of things.
Oh, but you did, I'm just following the herd, only free thinkers like you or Nigel, Billy Graham, Ian Paisley et al. Are capable of loving their children.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 04:47:54 PM »
Why do we put ourselves above all of God's other creatures? How is it that we are ruining the Earth when we are as much a natural part of the Earth as any living thing? We're no different from an ant building an anthill or a beaver building a dam; we reshape the Earth to make our lives easier. To suggest that what we're doing isn't part of the natural order of things is to ascribe a mystical, supernatural quality to our existence, which is something a self-professed atheist would generally be wise not to do as it comes off as hypocritical.

We haven't "trashed" the Earth. We've changed it, same as any other living thing. It will still be here after we're gone.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:50:49 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 06:54:43 PM »
Why do we put ourselves above all of God's other creatures?
Because we invented religion (maybe not God, but religion). Dogs didn't. If a dog had written the Gospel according to Fido, maybe the dogs would have been made in God's image, but as it is, God and angel's look like men. And we are above all creatures because we are above all creatures. Top of the food chain. The undisputed champions of earth. Want to take me on, Mr Rhinoceros? I have a rocket launcher. No other animal comes close to us in terms of power or achievements.

How is it that we are ruining the Earth when we are as much a natural part of the Earth as any living thing?
Citation needed. Define ruining? Making more habitable is ruining? Sure, we move stuff around and make things, but everything we use is already here. How can you ruin the earth with the earth? That's ridiculous. Sure, we make a road. It helps us. Makes life better. You can argue that grasshoppers can no longer raise baby grasshoppers there because they prefer grass to asphalt, but its not ruining the earth. Its just making it better for us and worse for grasshoppers. Well lions make life better for lions and worse for wildebeest. Again, pecking order, food chain.

We're no different from an ant building an anthill or a beaver building a dam; we reshape the Earth to make our lives easier. To suggest that what we're doing isn't part of the natural order of things is to ascribe a mystical, supernatural quality to our existence, which is something a self-professed atheist would generally be wise not to do as it comes off as hypocritical.
Oh, we agree.

We haven't "trashed" the Earth. We've changed it, same as any other living thing. It will still be here after we're gone.
We agree again.

Baby Thork and Roundy have joined forces. Come at us, wretched leftists!  >o<
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:56:31 PM by Baby Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
Thork: Leftists think they are better than everyone and that is terrible.
Also Thork:  I am better than leftists and that makes me good.

Also...

mfw Thork doesn't realize Roundy is a leftist.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »
It’s an undeniable fact that if an ecosystem has, either by introduction (cane toads, Japanese knotweed, rats on islands) or annihilation (see the desk top macho-man and his rocket launchers) an unbalance in predation of a member(S) of that ecosystem, then it becomes liable to, if not collapse, then to a major change to its detriment.

It is also true that the forces of competition will eventually redress that balance in some way, however in the short term that unchecked growth will reduce diversity, cause extinction and unravel bionetworks that have grown along side each other in competition and mutual benefit for millennia.

I do not put humanity as any better than the other creatures other than in one respect, that of our cognitive abilities, we have outgrown our predators to such an extent that we are now free to breed unconstrained, unfortunately the afore mentioned mental superiority doesn’t always come wedded to self-awareness (see Thork and his triumphalist crowing), because there is a debt to be paid for unrestricted growth and consumption, the reliance on our fabled ability to adapt ignores the evidence of collapsed civilisations that precede us, and just how much we are bumping against the physical constraints of an overpopulated earth. When that debt is finally called, good luck with calling on your gods.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:38:41 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2020, 09:42:20 AM »
Well the answer to the 'over populated' argument is to not have any children.

So in your house, new rabid libtards will not be created. In my house, god-fearing patriots will be churned out. In other words, it is the ultimate test of ideology as to who has the best vision of the future ... and your stupid ideas will die with you.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »

Except I've got three totally indoctrinated offspring whereas I doubt very much if you have figured how to yet.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2020, 01:23:47 PM »

Except I've got three totally indoctrinated offspring whereas I doubt very much if you have figured how to yet.
A three step solution to climate change.

1) Hush now Jeremy. Go to sleep under the water.
2) Greta, my little girl. Stop screaming, the fire on you is helping the planet.
3) Fidel my youngest, stop wriggling under the soil. I'm composting you. Don't fight it. Daddy knows best. Remember when I told you about the dying polar bears. That is all your fault. You must help them. Lie still.