Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greenpeace asks Lego to stop partnership with Shell
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »
But it is cool. The hell are you talking about?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
Reported for off-topic honk.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 10:49:19 PM »
People are actually protesting Lego? That's sad.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 04:07:02 AM »
People are actually protesting Lego? That's sad.
It's Greenpeace. They hate good things.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »
So I'm still getting greenpeace e-mails. I was going to unsubscribe, but I'm enjoying the updates.

Quote from: Fran Grobke, Greenpeace

Subject: BREAKING: we've taken over a coal train

Hi Thork,

I'm on top of a coal train right now with 49 ordinary people, who believe so passionately that we need to stop climate change, we've stopped a train reaching Cottam power station in Nottinghamshire. We flagged it down at 2.30pm and right now, we’re shovelling coal off the train.

It’s pretty dirty work but I’m here with good friends, and we know it’s the right thing to do.

At this same exact moment, thousands of miles away in New York, global leaders are coming together for a hugely important meeting about the climate.

But while world leaders like David Cameron talk, there’s a plan to give energy companies in the UK millions of pounds of tax-payers' money to keep old coal power plants burning.

See what's happening on top of the train:
https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/m/583048cd/6419af79/61ecad22/204371cc/1651060033/VEsH/

I'm blocking this coal train today to show our leaders that it’s time for action. David Cameron is at the global leaders meeting. When he gets home, he needs to scrap the plan to give tax-payers' money to keep coal power plants going.

And Ed Miliband needs to set out his plan to get us off coal. That could be enough to persuade energy companies to shut down coal plants instead of patching them up.

Click to see photos and video, and read stories:
https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/m/583048cd/6419af79/61ecad22/204371cc/1651060033/VEsE/

There are 50 of us on this train in Nottinghamshire, but Greenpeace is millions of people around the world. Together we’re working for a green, peaceful future powered by renewable energy. We want a protected Arctic, and a world of oceans and forests teeming with life.

Back on the train, we’ll hold on for as long as we can – but to truly get our message out we need thousands more to support our call:
https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/m/583048cd/6419af79/61ecad22/204371cc/1651060033/VEsF/

Thanks for all that you do,

Fran, from a coal train in Nottinghamshire

PS: You can see video clips rushed by bike from the stopped train, read the stories of the people on board, and sign the petition to end dirty coal here: https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/page/m/583048cd/6419af79/61ecad22/204371cc/1651060033/VEsC/

I have responded to Fran
Quote from: Thork
You have hi-jacked a coal train and are removing the goods. Are you telling me because no one else has involved the police yet? You are an idiot, Fran.

Also, breaking the law is never 'the right thing to do'.

Enjoy your porridge.

Do you think Fran doesn't need that kind of response right now, or do you think it will help spur him and his courageous train robbers on?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »
Is it fake?
Flagging down a train can't be easy, they aren't taxies, but actually shoveling the coal on the side of the track without anyone stopping them?  Not likely.

Check the news to see if anyone got arrested for train stopping and theft.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »
Why can't you use a search engine?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-29334128
I was on the shitter at the time and felt that it was more important to comment than to google.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »
Well you need to google and poo at the same time. This is the digital age and the world can't wait. You need to learn to nip a brown steel rod off, and come back to it later. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:57 PM »
Well you need to google and poo at the same time. This is the digital age and the world can't wait. You need to learn to nip a brown steel rod off, and come back to it later.
Well I can't google, poo, AND respond to you at the same time.  So :P

Thork

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 12:05:53 AM »
Then  just google, educate yourself and stfu! >:(

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 12:12:34 AM »
Then  just google, educate yourself and stfu! >:(
And miss this wonderful exchange?
Not on your life.

Thork

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 12:21:52 AM »
Dave, I'm tired. I've been teaching you rudimentary life skills for over 5 years now. Frankly, I'm still surprised you know how to use a toilet. Maybe you don't. Maybe your carpet is 2 feet deep in fast food turds. But I want you to pause before reply. Think "This guy Thork has an IQ nearing 180. Do I really want to ask him if he can tell the difference between a fake e-mail and a real one? Could I allow that massive brain to do something more useful with its time than to spell out every little thing I can't think of instantly?"

You are single handily slowing down the progress of mankind. Without you and Markjo, I'd likely have finished my teleport by now. >:(

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 12:29:39 AM »
Dave, I'm tired. I've been teaching you rudimentary life skills for over 5 years now. Frankly, I'm still surprised you know how to use a toilet. Maybe you don't. Maybe your carpet is 2 feet deep in fast food turds. But I want you to pause before reply. Think "This guy Thork has an IQ nearing 180. Do I really want to ask him if he can tell the difference between a fake e-mail and a real one? Could I allow that massive brain to do something more useful with its time than to spell out every little thing I can't think of instantly?"

You are single handily slowing down the progress of mankind. Without you and Markjo, I'd likely have finished my teleport by now. >:(
:D

Thork

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »
:(

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 12:34:22 AM »
If you're tired, why are you still up?  Or are you up really early?

Thork

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »
GOOGLE!  >o<

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:01 AM »
GOOGLE!  >o<
If your personal schedule is on Google, I'm going to lose respect for you.

And yes, I am aware of what time it is in the UK.  Doesn't make my statement any less valid.

Thork

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:47 AM »
GOOGLE!  >o<
If your personal schedule is on Google, I'm going to lose respect for you.

And yes, I am aware of what time it is in the UK.  Doesn't make my statement any less valid.
It is 1:37 am. No one gets up at 1:37 am, Dave. ::)