Re: Size of the Sun and the "Known Magnification Effect"
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
Yes I completely agree it makes so much more sense than a spherical earth. I only wish everyone would see the truth that is so blatant to us! Thank you for trying to make the world a more intelligent and flat place. I wish you good luck in your future efforts Sir.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »
"Pretty consistent"? Consistently what? They consistently get smaller with distance. This is the opposite of what your theory predicts.

They are fairly consistent. Any one-pixel-in-difference analysis is petty. Stop the denial.

Those aren't the details we are talking about and you know it. With the sun and moon, we can see distinct interior details.

What's the difference between interior or exterior details? They are details. We've seen that it the magnification effect can also change color depending on the light source, too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:08:28 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2016, 03:43:17 PM »
"Pretty consistent"? Consistently what? They consistently get smaller with distance. This is the opposite of what your theory predicts.

They are fairly consistent. Any one-pixel-in-difference analysis is petty. Stop the denial.

They are only a few pixels in size to begin with. They start at about 8 pixels and go down to 2 pixels (If I remember correctly). That's one quarter of the original size. If you want the difference to be more than a few pixels, use a higher resolution photo.

Those aren't the details we are talking about and you know it. With the sun and moon, we can see distinct interior details.

What's the difference between interior or exterior details? They are details. We've seen that it the magnification effect can also change color depending on the light source, too.

With the moon, we can take clear high resolution shots showing craters, valleys, "maria", etc. We can see a distinct, sharp edge.

With the sun, we can take clear high resolution shots showing sunspots and flares. We can see a distinct, sharp edge.

With these pictures of glare, there are no interior details. There is no distinct edge. All you can do is say "Eh, it's sort of not perfectly circular..."

If you can't tell the difference between these two scenarios, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:58:55 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:52 PM »
This thread has gotten a bit off topic in arguing about Lighthouse brightness.

At this point, I think it is safe to say that Tom Bishop has absolutely no evidence to support his absurd theory that "lights stay the same apparent size as they get farther away".

Tom Bishop: If you have actual evidence, now is the time to show it! (please actually take the time to do some measuring before you post more videos that contradict your theory)

Other flat earthers: Does ANYONE have another theory as to why the sun doesn't get smaller as it gets farther away from us? If not, ask yourself: can you honestly continue believing in a theory that so obviously contradicts reality?

I thought the headlight thing was pretty valid. I've personally witnessed it myself on the highway plenty of different times.

Rama Set

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2016, 08:04:56 PM »
This thread has gotten a bit off topic in arguing about Lighthouse brightness.

At this point, I think it is safe to say that Tom Bishop has absolutely no evidence to support his absurd theory that "lights stay the same apparent size as they get farther away".

Tom Bishop: If you have actual evidence, now is the time to show it! (please actually take the time to do some measuring before you post more videos that contradict your theory)

Other flat earthers: Does ANYONE have another theory as to why the sun doesn't get smaller as it gets farther away from us? If not, ask yourself: can you honestly continue believing in a theory that so obviously contradicts reality?

I thought the headlight thing was pretty valid. I've personally witnessed it myself on the highway plenty of different times.

Even though the headlights in the background were measured to be 1/4 the diameter of the lights in the foreground?

Here is a video of train lights that get bigger then smaller again:

Here is train whose headlight gradually gets bigger:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kbse2
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:10:41 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

As mentioned on our Wiki page, only light of a certain intensity is powerful enough to catch onto the atmosphere and magnify.

And what intensity would that be Tom ? Do you have an exact figure? Calculations?

All good to just throw out statements which purportedly support your argument ... but unless you can back this statement up with some figures it is totally irrelevant  :-B
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

geckothegeek

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »

As mentioned on our Wiki page, only light of a certain intensity is powerful enough to catch onto the atmosphere and magnify.

And what intensity would that be Tom ? Do you have an exact figure? Calculations?

All good to just throw out statements which purportedly support your argument ... but unless you can back this statement up with some figures it is totally irrelevant  :-B

I don't think I'm totaly alone, but I think most of Tom Bishop's posts are totaly irrelevant. LOL.

geckothegeek

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »

I don't think I am totaly alone in my thinking , but I am thinkimg that most of Tom Bishop's posts are totaly irrelevant. LOL.