The Flat Earth Society Club at school
« on: December 21, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »
I am a high school student, and I was wondering about starting a tfes club. Are there certain restraints or regulations I would need to follow in order to make this club officially recognized by The Flat Earth Society. If anyone happens to be an administrator, I would be grateful for a reply. Thank you. ;D

Re: The Flat Earth Society Club at school
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

edit: I would like this to be one of the first clubs to be recognized around the flat earth

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:49:32 PM »
Everything is open source here. You can take anything you want and use it for your own ends.

It means you can even steal our logos, pretend to be us, bus in a bunch of hobos and claim them to be TFES. Don't expect any endorsement though.

You won't be first. There are many many clubs around the world.
https://www.meetup.com/topics/flat-earth/?_cookie-check=HEQuYJZ_H6NlP2CQ

Build the thing you are building, no objections will come from us whatever it turns out to be. And if it becomes a thing worth endorsing, then come back. :-)
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 02:07:09 AM »
Everything is open source here. You can take anything you want and use it for your own ends.

No it isn't. The Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licence which applies to the homepage and wiki content does not apply to other content for which we do not hold copyright, such as things our members post on the forum. Read the copying terms.

It means you can even steal our logos, pretend to be us, bus in a bunch of hobos and claim them to be TFES. Don't expect any endorsement though.

No, that isn't what it means. The aforementioned Creative Commons licence is a copyright licence, which does not grant permission to claim that you wrote the content yourself, to impersonate other people or to use their trademarks (whether or not our logo would hold up in a court of law as a trademark is yet undetermined). Read the licence.

Build the thing you are building, no objections will come from us whatever it turns out to be. And if it becomes a thing worth endorsing, then come back. :-)

This is good advice. We are a largely decentralised group of volunteers, so there is no central authority to recognise you. But by that same token, anyone here who does good work will get recognised simply by virtue of the work they are doing. The way to be recognised is to do something instead of talking about it.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »
I stand corrected.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1