Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Reorganizing the Zetetic Council
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:55:15 PM »
I've been kicking ideas around in my head for how we can make the Zetetic Council better. I had a few ideas. My conclusion is as follows:

1. We open up Flat Earth Society membership to all who want it. As a member of the Flat Earth Society your name goes onto a roster, you agree to fight globularist heresy in all its forms, and you will receive a certificate reflecting this (virtual or printed TBD).

2. As a official member of the Flat Earth Society you receive standing recognition and access to in the Zetetic Council Board

3. Zeteic Council members are elected and are tasked with creating and putting proposals to a vote. Zetetic Council members provide organizational guidance, but are not considered the workhorses.

4. Official members of the Flat Earth Society vote and comment on the proposals, and in doing so self motivate themselves to begin the project and see it to completion.

We may want to rename the Zetetic Council Board to another name, but I believe this idea has a lot of merit. I welcome comments on this idea.

Public comments may go here.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:38:57 PM by Tom Bishop »

Thork

Re: Reorganizing the Zetetic Council
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »
Tom, I have to bow out. I have been increasingly unable to give the society a fair share of my time and do not believe I can dedicate the resources to further the society's aims. I have been around a little more over xmas, but will be back at work on Monday. I think it is time I stood down from the council.

Thank you all for your support during my tenure, and good luck for the future.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:18 AM »
I'm strongly in favor. I have some ideas of my own, but I think yours are superior. I'll make a more detailed post in the public thread.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
Tom, I have to bow out. I have been increasingly unable to give the society a fair share of my time and do not believe I can dedicate the resources to further the society's aims. I have been around a little more over xmas, but will be back at work on Monday. I think it is time I stood down from the council.

Thank you all for your support during my tenure, and good luck for the future.

I don't feel that this position should require much investment in time. The goal of the Zetetic Council should be to provide some guidance for the community, not do the bulk of the work. It appears that most of the community expects us to write a wiki and make videos. The responsibility of the Zetetic Council should be hold some votes and set the community in that direction. That's it. It should not even be our responsibility to spend hours on here debating as we do. It is really the responsibility of the entire community to work on these projects and do these things. The Zetetic Council should merely provides some organization to an otherwise aimless society.

While I value your input and opinions on where things should be headed, I understand that you feel the need to step down and accept your resignation. Let us know if you develop interest in this again. Good luck.

I'm strongly in favor. I have some ideas of my own, but I think yours are superior. I'll make a more detailed post in the public thread.

Thank you. I would like to hear from Secret User to seal the deal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:39:41 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »
We had a public thread on this topic earlier this year and there were no dissenters:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2656.msg67162#msg67162

Lets move forward with reorganization.