Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Impeachment of Roundy
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
I hate to do this, but I don't think we really have much choice. Roundy is online all the time, but he doesn't respond to repeated requests to chime in here. He's absent, which is exactly what impeachment was designed for.

This is nothing against Roundy. We just need to get shit done.

So, all in favor of removing Roundy from the council? In addition, should there be an election to replace him or should we just continue as 4 until the next major election?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment of Roundy
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
Agreed.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
Meh, re-elect someone else.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »
Meh, re-elect someone else.

Do you mean that instead of impeaching him we should have an entire new election?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
I mean if you want to get rid of him, you'd better run an election to replace him. I don't want to be in a situation where there are just 2 of us and I see a message from you saying "I have decided to impeach Thork". >:(

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »
I mean if you want to get rid of him, you'd better run an election to replace him. I don't want to be in a situation where there are just 2 of us and I see a message from you saying "I have decided to impeach Thork". >:(

Well, as the constitution is written we can't have fewer than three people in the council at any time. If we reach three we have to hold elections to replace the other two.

That said, I'm totally okay with another election (although it might be odd without a ratified constitution). I was, however, actually thinking that we should have a full election once the constitution is ratified. That way our terms could become more official, since we seem to be permanently but unofficially in office at the moment.

Thork

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
Take your curly white wig off and just hold an election. The council can't have 4 people. We'd tie for votes all the time. We have 5 so a majority verdict is reached. You have 3 votes for replacing Roundy, he hasn't bothered to defend himself. Go get us a new Councillor. :)

Thork

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »
I has come to my attention that Markjo was runner up last time. I have a feeling I am about to enter into a period of great tedium. >:(

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:49 PM »
Take your curly white wig off and just hold an election. The council can't have 4 people. We'd tie for votes all the time. We have 5 so a majority verdict is reached. You have 3 votes for replacing Roundy, he hasn't bothered to defend himself. Go get us a new Councillor. :)

Well, but if we don't bother replacing him the constitution will automatically ratify once we've removed him. Then we can hold a full proper election for the First Zetetic Council, since we're kind of the zeroth council.
I has come to my attention that Markjo was runner up last time. I have a feeling I am about to enter into a period of great tedium. >:(
God help us all

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »
I appreciate Roundy's contributions over the years, despite recent inactivity. I say that rather than impeachment, we promote him from Council Member to Council Adviser and give him continued access to this forum, to provide opinions and advise.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
I appreciate Roundy's contributions over the years, despite recent inactivity. I say that rather than impeachment, we promote him from Council Member to Council Adviser and give him continued access to this forum, to provide opinions and advise.

I kind of like this idea, but we'll have to make a constitutional amendment before before it can happen. Fortunately the constitution hasn't been ratified yet, so I can just add new sections at will. If Thork or Secret User agree I'll add it in immediately.

I'm thinking that it'll be a position granted at the will of the Council (regular three fifths majority)

Thork

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 09:15:21 PM »
What is with all this constitution business? You know there are other names for agreements outside of the USA? Impeachment? You guys have such a limited vocabulary and a narrow political spectrum.

Just get on with it.

Thork

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

I kind of like this idea, but we'll have to make a constitutional amendment before before it can happen. Fortunately the constitution hasn't been ratified yet, so I can just add new sections at will. If Thork or Secret User agree I'll add it in immediately.

I'm thinking that it'll be a position granted at the will of the Council (regular three fifths majority)

I vote no. Considering he asked to resign I say we let him. No need to give him a voice when he's too busy to use it.
You are right. Lets keep it clean in here and not a collection of old has beens. Would you want me piping up long after you got rid of me? Boot him. I change my vote to no as well.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 02:59:58 AM »

I vote no. Considering he asked to resign I say we let him. No need to give him a voice when he's too busy to use it.

You are assuming that he did not simply resign to save face.

The opinion is at 2-2.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:04:16 AM by Tom Bishop »

Thork

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »
The opinion is at 2-2.
Then the motion isn't carried until we get a new member.