Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
Re: Why isn't the sun visible all night?
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 03:56:07 PM »
Very good! You have provided a set of links that discuss the issue with regards to various audience, and have provided a brief description below each to prompt the reader on what the link contains.

How hard it is for me to argue against those? Pretty hard. At least Not without making myself seem rather ridiculous.

This is what you do now instead of posting YouTube videos.

You recognise the difference.

First off:

recognize not recognise

Second off: 

What I did was search the internet and provide that information on this thread.  What you did was argue about the definition of words, ignore the evidence presented, and failed to see that research can come in the form of text, spoken word, mathematical equations, diagrams, books, articles, and VIDEOS.

When the youtube evidence  is matching the Hong Kong Observatory evidence and and also matching the British Astronomical Association evidence it's pretty safe to say there is a good chance that it's not bullcrap.

It is only “recognize” in the US. Most English speakers world-wide spell this word with an “s.”

I’m sorta bored with you, and this isn’t going anywhere.

Just keep remembering what I taught you about evidence.
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 03:56:25 PM »
On the Second hand, spelling errors really only matter in spelling bee's.  Otherwise you're just being a cheater and misdirector and trying to make someone look stupid just because they misspelled a word.  It's a rude thing to do and you should stop it.  Since you weren't arguing about how to spell that word, I'd ask you stay on topic (oh by the way, you should have used a semicolon in your sentence above so let's make fun of you for not being smart enough to use correct punctuation (I'm kidding, but that was pretty scary huh?  Everyone almost thought you weren't proficient with your semicolons)

When debating semantics spelling is everything.

Second hand clothes part II, would you be that guy reading the secret of life whose pointing out every typo?  Maybe you just like causing conflict over nothing?  Maybe you like picking on people and instead of responding to their thoughts which they spent a lot of time on, you'll try to embarrass them because they had a spelling error.  Oh boy, you sound like basically all the teachers I've had the pleasure of putting in their place (their most disliked place, the place where people are equal).

Again several times we have had a disagreement about the definition of specific words. When being precise about how we define the words that we use then spelling does matter. In every day activity where the definition of words is not so important me dunt kare.

Thirdsofall, why does this matter to you?

It matters to me because people come here with questions about the flat earth models and many of them go unanswered.

Thirdsofall, why does it matter if someone thinks the earth is flat?

I does not matter at all.

Thirdsofall, do you go to LGBTgay websites and tell them why they’re wrong for wanting same sex with someone else?  Do you come with carefully prepared arguments that explain they really don’t like it?
no

fifth of the good stuff of all, what if the earth is a triangle.  What if it's 17,000 triangles all jammed together inside a potato.  So what?  Who cares?  WHO CARES?

Clearly you do. You're here on a flat earth forum making posts about it.

Sixthly, why are you in this argument?   You don't really care what people here believe.   You probably won't invite us to dinner with your family, again.   You may as well tell your argument to a teacher for all the value that'll come of it.

someone asked why the sun isn't visible at night in the flat earth models and I was answering the question.

Sevengetting-off, Why are you here other than to get into an argument with people you're angry at and think are stupid?  Why do you want to interfere with people's peace and quiet and instead start challenging them and then challenging their answers.  Do you treat everyone who thinks something different than you like this?  Do you like to pick on people when you know that everyone else laughs at them and sees them as less than human?

I'm hear to answer people questions about the various flat earth models and point out that many of the flat earth ideas or concepts have some sort of evidence behind them.

eight - Every time you've been wrong in your life, you've thought the person who was right didn't know the answer.

ok?

You only get smarter by not having the right answer, and since it's so important to you to have it, you'll probably waste your gifts, because you can't own being wrong and learning

I know I don't have the right answer.

Most English speakers world-wide spell this word with an “s.”

Do you have any evidence which supports your claim that most English speakers spell this with an "s"? Or this this more things that you made up without presenting any evidence?

According to this website:
https://writingexplained.org/recognise-or-recognize-difference

The British use
both recognise and recognize.

The United States and Canada both use recognize.

https://grammarist.com/spelling/recognize-vs-recognise/

I believe that if you combined everyone in Canada, the United States, and Britain that would be most English speakers world wide.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:03:28 PM by iamcpc »

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »
On the Second hand, spelling errors really only matter in spelling bee's.  Otherwise you're just being a cheater and misdirector and trying to make someone look stupid just because they misspelled a word.  It's a rude thing to do and you should stop it.  Since you weren't arguing about how to spell that word, I'd ask you stay on topic (oh by the way, you should have used a semicolon in your sentence above so let's make fun of you for not being smart enough to use correct punctuation (I'm kidding, but that was pretty scary huh?  Everyone almost thought you weren't proficient with your semicolons)

When debating semantics spelling is everything.

Second hand clothes part II, would you be that guy reading the secret of life whose pointing out every typo?  Maybe you just like causing conflict over nothing?  Maybe you like picking on people and instead of responding to their thoughts which they spent a lot of time on, you'll try to embarrass them because they had a spelling error.  Oh boy, you sound like basically all the teachers I've had the pleasure of putting in their place (their most disliked place, the place where people are equal).

Again several times we have had a disagreement about the definition of specific words. When being precise about how we define the words that we use then spelling does matter. In every day activity where the definition of words is not so important me dunt kare.

Thirdsofall, why does this matter to you?

It matters to me because people come here with questions about the flat earth models and many of them go unanswered.

Thirdsofall, why does it matter if someone thinks the earth is flat?

I does not matter at all.

Thirdsofall, do you go to LGBTgay websites and tell them why they’re wrong for wanting same sex with someone else?  Do you come with carefully prepared arguments that explain they really don’t like it?
no

fifth of the good stuff of all, what if the earth is a triangle.  What if it's 17,000 triangles all jammed together inside a potato.  So what?  Who cares?  WHO CARES?

Clearly you do. You're here on a flat earth forum making posts about it.

Sixthly, why are you in this argument?   You don't really care what people here believe.   You probably won't invite us to dinner with your family, again.   You may as well tell your argument to a teacher for all the value that'll come of it.

someone asked why the sun isn't visible at night in the flat earth models and I was answering the question.

Sevengetting-off, Why are you here other than to get into an argument with people you're angry at and think are stupid?  Why do you want to interfere with people's peace and quiet and instead start challenging them and then challenging their answers.  Do you treat everyone who thinks something different than you like this?  Do you like to pick on people when you know that everyone else laughs at them and sees them as less than human?

I'm hear to answer people questions about the various flat earth models and point out that many of the flat earth ideas or concepts have some sort of evidence behind them.

eight - Every time you've been wrong in your life, you've thought the person who was right didn't know the answer.

ok?

You only get smarter by not having the right answer, and since it's so important to you to have it, you'll probably waste your gifts, because you can't own being wrong and learning

I know I don't have the right answer.

Most English speakers world-wide spell this word with an “s.”

Do you have any evidence which supports your claim that most English speakers spell this with an "s"? Or this this more things that you made up without presenting any evidence?

https://writingexplained.org/recognise-or-recognize-difference

The British use
both recognise and recognize.

The United States and Canada both use recognize.

https://grammarist.com/spelling/recognize-vs-recognise/

I believe that if you combined everyone in Canada, the United States, and Britain that would be most English speakers world wide.

According to all those websites, “recognise” is a validly recognised spelling of “recognize.”

So thank you for providing evidence which demonstrates that your claim is wrong, I wasn’t spelling it incorrectly.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to talk about sciency things again, but I invite you to remain in this thread and continue arguing with yourself.

You are a colourful fellow.
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

Offline Bette Davis Eyes

• let's eat some apples and get naked
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2019, 06:14:54 PM »
If I mischaracterized you I’m sorry - I have a lifelong bad habit of speaking before I understand, or at least have slightly less confusion.  I saw what I thought was you arguing about spelling or words or whatever I missed, and I assumed you were seeing the black and white typeface but missing that they were written on the leg of a dinosaur who was on the phone buying stock in amazon.  Anyway I guess as you say you don’t have the right answer, at least it would seem beyond the way different countries spell the same word.  I wonder if you can try to see in a week how many things you think you don’t know, and compare that to how many earnest questions you asked.

Love you.  Bette
I can't believe I'm still fucking trapped in the infinite Universe....Anyone got something for claustrophobia or anxiety?

Yesterday is here to show us how far we’ve come.
Today is here to show us what fool’s we have remained.

Offline TomFoolery

• Seeking truth, the flatter the better
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2019, 04:33:04 AM »
notice how on some of the headlights which are futher away appear much larger light sources than ones up close?

Please folks, this one hurts FE. The more distant headlights look bigger in the photo because they also happen to be aimed more directly at the camera.
They are not flood lights like the sun, they are spot lights - especially if on high beam.
This means when they are pointing directly at the camera they will appear brighter because that's the directly most of their light is going.
They only look bigger because the camera exposure is set so high that imperfections in the lens and scattering in the air cause the bright spot to "bleed" onto nearby parts of the image sensor or film. If the exposure was reduced on the camera so it wasn't overexposed, the headlight would appear smaller if it was not as close.

Which is the exact same thing that causes the sun to look larger than life on camera -- because it's being over-exposed. If the exposure was set to where it wasn't overexposing, the size would be the correct size. Which is what people do with sun filters.

That also explains why the "oversized" headlights and sun is all blurry around the edges while a correctly exposed picture is not blurry - the extra sizes is not from the size of the sun but from the fuzzy region of over exposure.

If the headlights really were looking bigger from distance, wouldn't the whole cars also have to look bigger?

Please please go take pictures of a car in the distance but control the exposure so it's not overpowering the image sensor, and you'll see that the closer cars do have bigger headlights.