Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: airplane flight Buenas Aires to Sydney
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
Just as an FYI, that isn't an ice wall, it's an iceberg.  Namely, iceberg B-15A.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/OperationAntarctica/operationantarctica4.php
Ah, yes, thank you for presenting the Round Earth perspective in this Flat Earth topic. Personally, I don't see how it's of any value whatsoever (in particular I don't see how it relates to the question of "What does the ground beyond the Ice Wall look like?"), but I'm sure someone out there will appreciate it nonetheless.
Just fact checking the wiki, is all.  You may want to try it sometime.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
Just fact checking the wiki, is all.  You may want to try it sometime.
I guess you didn't understand me the first time. Please do not derail discussions with irrelevant points. Take a quick glance at your avatar whenever you feel the temptation.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 05:51:42 AM »
Yes, please stay on topic...

If there is a 'wall' at the edge of the 'flat' earth, why can airplanes go over them, fly along, and finally reach their destination?

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 03:16:09 AM »
Is anyone able to answer my question?

If there is a 'wall' at the edge of the 'flat' earth, why can airplanes go over them, fly along, and finally reach their destination?
Perspective?  Just guessing at an FE valid response.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 03:35:29 AM »
Is anyone able to answer my question?

Perspective?  Just guessing at an FE valid response.

Was there a reason to necro a nine month old thread to add nothing to it?

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 01:58:10 AM »
Rephrasing the original question a bit:

When using the FET, why would an aircraft, flying fom Buenas Aires to Sydney, fly away from Sydney, i.e. fly approximate in the direction of Antarctica? Why don't these flight always end up crashing in the big wall at the 'edges' around the flat earth?
My friend is flying this route later this week. I'll get her to take some photos of "the wall" for you.
Regarding flight time, it's only about 14hrs or so so this puts doubts to the FE theory, or at least the map!!

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »

When using the FET, why would an aircraft, flying fom Buenas Aires to Sydney, fly away from Sydney, i.e. fly approximate in the direction of Antarctica? Why don't these flight always end up crashing in the big wall at the 'edges' around the flat earth?
My friend is flying this route later this week. I'll get her to take some photos of "the wall" for you.
Regarding flight time, it's only about 14hrs or so so this puts doubts to the FE theory, or at least the map!!

My friend is flying to the Andromeda Galaxy!

You have just as much creds as me. 

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 11:30:27 PM »

Except....Unsure's friend can prove she was at location A at time T, and location B at time S, thus demonstrating that one can cover whatever distance there is between A and B in time S minus T. 

So, sure, other than the ability to provide evidence, you have the same credibility.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »

You seem to be taking up grave digging as a profession! Does it pay better than janatorial work?

I can assure you though, that the distance from Buenos Aires to Sydney on the Globe is quite a lot less than the distance to the Andromeda Galaxy.
I can't answer for flat earthers,  they don't even seem to have a map, so could just as easily end up in the Andromeda Galaxy as Sydney.

There is a slight problem with the Buenos Aires to Sydney flight - as far as I know there isn't one (any more) one problem with grave digging - things change!
         You might have to go via Auckland, New Zealand (Air New Zealand) or via Santiago, Chile (QANTAS).