Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
Below the surface
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:14:14 AM »
In Round Earth model, inside of Earth is explained. Its made of crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core. It is also tested by calculating of seismic waves created from earthquake. Because seismic wave's speed change as they go through different parts of Earth.

http://www.indiana.edu/~geol105/images/gaia_chapter_3/seismic.htm

How does it look like below the surface of Earth in Flat Earth model?

Also in Round Earth model, it is believed that there are tectonic plates are made up of Earth's crust. These plates move around very slowly and when they collide, earthquake happens. These plates move because of earth's mantle.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/kids/eqscience.php

This is how earthquake if formed in Round Earth model. How does earthquake happen in Flat Earth? It cannot happen because of tectonic plates because they are based of theory that states Earth is made of crush, mantle, outer core, and inner core.
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Flat Earth map cannot exist

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
Re: Below the surface
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
I could not find a wiki page dedicated for how it look like underground, but I found a related one.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Formation_of_Mountains_and_Volcanoes

However, this one does not explain what the structure underground looks like. Also this page only explain it for Universal Acceleration model from what I understand.

Mountains are created over long periods of time by tremendous forces within the flat earth. Below the crust there is tremendous pressure due to acceleration, which has created a vast underground ocean of magma within the earth's mantle. Mountains are formed by volcanism, erosion, and disturbances or an uplift in the flat earth's crust.

The flat earth's crust is made up of huge slabs called plates, which fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. At the Ice Wall there are subduction plates, where the continents recede and recycle. When two slabs of the earth's crust smash into each other the land can be pushed upwards, forming mountains. Many of the greatest mountain ranges of the flat earth have formed because of enormous collisions between continents.

This is directly from the wiki page. According to this, mantle is formed because of pressure from "acceleration"(I think this mean UA). If rock melted from pressure of UA than how can we withstand the pressure? Also, how does the plates move because there is no explanation for that... It simply says "When two slabs of the earth's crust smash into each other the land can be pushed upwards".
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 07:20:18 AM »
tremendous pressure due to acceleration, which has created a vast underground ocean of magma

Ghostopia is right that this phrase needs work. I would like to see the thermodynamics of this more clearly explained. How exactly does pressure create magma in terms of thermodynamics?
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 07:24:32 AM »
tremendous pressure due to acceleration, which has created a vast underground ocean of magma

Ghostopia is right that this phrase needs work. I would like to see the thermodynamics of this more clearly explained. How exactly does pressure create magma in terms of thermodynamics?

Einstein's Equivelence Principle states that an upwardly acclerating earth and gravity are indistinguishable, which means that the concept of weight still holds.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »

Einstein's Equivelence Principle states that an upwardly acclerating earth and gravity are indistinguishable, which means that the concept of weight still holds.
Did you reply to the wrong thing here Tom? Because your reply doesn't appear to make any sense in context to what you have quoted. If this was intentional, some elaboration would be much appreciated.

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 07:44:43 AM »

Did you reply to the wrong thing here Tom? Because your reply doesn't appear to make any sense in context to what you have quoted. If this was intentional, some elaboration would be much appreciated.

Yes, please.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »
Think about why weight creates magma.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »

I just thought about it and can't understand how a constant 1g of acceleration would create magma. If that was the case, then any large building on the surface of the earth would surely create magma as it would be pressing down on the surface with the same force as UA pushing up from underneath ???

Roger
(Enjoying playing the game)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »

I just thought about it and can't understand how a constant 1g of acceleration would create magma. If that was the case, then any large building on the surface of the earth would surely create magma as it would be pressing down on the surface with the same force as UA pushing up from underneath ???

Roger

Acceleration is not a constant speed, it is a rate of increase of speed. You are going faster and faster at a certain rate.

Weight still works the same way according to Einstein's Equivelence principle. Imagine if you were in a fighter jet and accelerated at 3g while wearing eye glasses the weight of of a feather vs. wearing eye glasses the weight of a bowling ball. You would feel a distinct difference in what is pressing back against your face, right?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:23:31 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »

Roger

Acceleration is not a constant speed, it is a rate of increase of speed. You are going faster and faster at a certain rate.

Weight still works the same way according to Einstein's Equivelence principle. Imagine if you were in a fighter jet and accelerated at 3g while wearing eye glasses the weight of of a feather vs. wearing eye glasses the weight of a bowling ball. You would feel a distinct difference in what is pressing back against your face, right?

Do you not find it slightly ironic that the theory you pull equivalence from deals with gravity, not UA? General Relativity is about the geometric warping of spacetime by massive objects. (which is what we call gravity) I posted about the whole stepping off the chair thing awhile back and was met with, and I think it was you who said this, "are you smarter than Einstein?" Well, Tom, are YOU smarter than Einstein? I view this as just another example of FEH cherry-picking little bits of science that make it seem more legitimate while ignoring everything that show it is completely absurd.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »

Roger

Do you not find it slightly ironic that the theory you pull equivalence from deals with gravity, not UA? General Relativity is about the geometric warping of spacetime by massive objects. (which is what we call gravity) I posted about the whole stepping off the chair thing awhile back and was met with, and I think it was you who said this, "are you smarter than Einstein?" Well, Tom, are YOU smarter than Einstein? I view this as just another example of FEH cherry-picking little bits of science that make it seem more legitimate while ignoring everything that show it is completely absurd.

Yeah, it is ironic. But for the sake of discussion let's just go with it.

This wiki states that the magma is formed because of tremendous pressure from UA. So magma is at the very last layer of the Earth because the deepest place should have the most pressure. But than, magma is liquid. So the magma part will separate from the crust because of laws of Inertia.

You test this yourself. You will need a cup of water(without lid) and something like car or bicycle. You accelerate and spin the cup of water so that the open side faces away from the direction you are headed.

What happens? The water will spill from the cup. From the viewpoint of second observer, it will look like the water is pulled away from your cup.

How does this not happen in UA model?

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 12:54:26 AM »

I can't because I have no idea why weight would create magma. Please talk about why weight creates magma.

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 02:13:32 AM »

I can't because I have no idea why weight would create magma. Please talk about why weight creates magma.

I think what he means is that PRESSURE from the weight create magma not the weight itself. Because high pressure causes heat to melt the rocks. This is true and this is the reason why Earth's core is hot.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »

Roger

Not sure what relevance your post has to my point, of course at 3g, the feather and the glasses would weigh proportionately more. However the increasing speed of the earth is irrelevant as the accelerating force is still a constant 1g. When I have taught and demonstrated aerobatics I have regularly pulled considerably increased G forces which make my body feel much heavier. That doesn't make any difference to UA giving a 1g acceleration to the earth and a large object (or any object) exerting a similar downward force to resist it, so why no magma being created under objects on the surface?

Roger

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
Acceleration is not a constant speed
No kidding.  Nobody said it was.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »

Roger

Not sure what relevance your post has to my point, of course at 3g, the feather and the glasses would weigh proportionately more. However the increasing speed of the earth is irrelevant as the accelerating force is still a constant 1g. When I have taught and demonstrated aerobatics I have regularly pulled considerably increased G forces which make my body feel much heavier. That doesn't make any difference to UA giving a 1g acceleration to the earth and a large object (or any object) exerting a similar downward force to resist it, so why no magma being created under objects on the surface?

Roger

When you accelerate into more massive objects they press harder against you.

If you were in space and your open faced rocket ship were accelerating at 1g against an asteroid, pinning your body between the rocket and asteroid, you would be crushed to death. If it was a small feather instead of an asteroid you would not be crushed to death.

devils advocate

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
If you were in space and your open faced rocket ship were accelerating at 1g against an asteroid, pinning your body between the rocket and asteroid, you would be crushed to death. If it was a small feather instead of an asteroid you would not be crushed to death.

Do you have any proof of this Tom?? This is exactly the type of statement that you refute when presented to you and demand evidence to support it, so let's turn the tables. Prove it.

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 12:25:21 AM »

Do you have any proof of this Tom?? This is exactly the type of statement that you refute when presented to you and demand evidence to support it, so let's turn the tables. Prove it.

I would love to see Tom's answer to this. But primarily I am confused as to why devil's advocate is asking the question. Isn't the reality of Tom's assertion obvious? I won't answer yet. I will let Tom B. But if he doesn't answer, I hope to do it.

That said, no amount of force or pressure will liquefy rock. Only water is liquefied under pressure. Pressure turns most substances from gas to liquid to solid phase. Not the other way around. Only heat liquifies rock. There is some thermodynamic nuance to what I have said, and if we need to go into that, we can. But for the purposes of "non-compressible" rock, the thermodynamics are negligible. No amount of force or pressure turns rock into magma.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:30:49 AM by Tom Haws »

Offline JAZZEYENANO

• I do not believe in a flat earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:37 AM »

I would love to see Tom's answer to this. But primarily I am confused as to why devil's advocate is asking the question. Isn't the reality of Tom's assertion obvious? I won't answer yet. I will let Tom B. But if he doesn't answer, I hope to do it.

In open space hitting an asteroid at that speed would kill you because of its mass, however a feather has very little mass hence it's effect would be nominal.
Convince me if you can

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 02:06:49 AM »
We are not talking about my body being crushed by being pinned between a rocket accelerating at 1g and the mass of an asteroid. We are talking about the mass of the earth being accelerated at 1g by a force which is moving at 9.8m/s/s. If we hypothesise for a moment that the UA  force was a solid object spreading an even force across the entire underside of the earth, that force would always remain the same as the earth moved ahead of it and wouldn't be generating heat anymore than me experiencing 5g in aerobatics would generate heat in what I am in contact with. On the other hand a direct impact against a non moving solid object by another solid object moving at 9.8m/s will quite likely generate some heat from the energy of the impact. But we are not talking about impact we are talking about continuous acceleration which is not enough pressure to turn rock into magma.

In the RE model, all of the energy generated by gravity is directed inwards towards the core from every direction with no subsequent acceleration away from the energy by the trapped inner rocks, so the energy will be converted into heat enough to turn the rock to magma. I should add that is purely my thoughts based on no scientific background just thinking about it as Tom asked.

Roger