Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel Hill killings
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
What usually does?  They play to their audience, not report the news in an unbiased way.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »
It must be odd for Americans for all your news channels to constantly tell you "these people are the enemy" and then have to be nice to them when you meet them in the street because "religious hate crimes". It doesn't help that when you do try to get to know them they are incredibly boring. Their whole life revolves around God. They seem to have very little else to talk about.  :-\

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
He was just trying to protect the American freedom!
The Mastery.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:44:59 PM »
I didn't bother reading those articles, but I did read one where it said the motive was a parking dispute. I don't see why them being Muslim has anything to do with this.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »
It seems odd that someone would execute 3 people over a parking dispute, then it gets weird when it turns out his Facebook feed is dominated by anti-theist sentiment. Even if it were anti-religiously motivated, there is no jump to a specific Muslim bias.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
It seems odd that someone would execute 3 people over a parking dispute
Not really, there are a lot of crazy people with anger problems in the world.

Rama Set

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
It seems odd that someone would execute 3 people over a parking dispute
Not really, there are a lot of crazy people with anger problems in the world.

I would also say that it's odd that you don't think parking related executions are odd. Come to Canada, enjoy the difference :)

Ghost of V

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
I would also say that it's odd that you don't think parking related executions are odd. Come to Canada, enjoy the difference :)

Have you ever been to America? It's brutal over here. I once saw some guy murdered in a McDonald's over a dispute about cutting the line at the register.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
People kill people just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This isn't exclusive to the US.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »
People kill people just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This isn't exclusive to the US.

You haven't heard? Mindless violence is a US thing. Other more civilized nations don't have it.

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:57:04 PM »

It's probably partially a function of the immense population of the U.S. but it does appear weird killings like this happen much more there than in Canada. Seriously, Canada rules.

You haven't heard? Mindless violence is a US thing. Other more civilized nations don't have it.

Praise Jesus!

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »

Have you ever been to America? It's brutal over here. I once saw some guy murdered in a McDonald's over a dispute about cutting the line at the register.
This is a lie.
God is real.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »

This is a lie.
Hoopy's right.  It was a Burger King, not a McDonald's.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »
I didn't bother reading those articles, but I did read one where it said the motive was a parking dispute. I don't see why them being Muslim has anything to do with this.
Because he was white and not muslim. 

Do you recall the murder in Oklahoma not too long ago, where an African-American Muslim beheaded a white non-Muslim co-worker?  Where were the cries of racial/religious hate with that one? 

Ghost of V

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2015/02/15/386406810/some-see-extreme-anti-theism-as-motive-in-n-c-killings

Anti-theism is to blame.

On second thought I actually believe this to be a covert CIA hit job. It shares all the common hallmarks, complete with patsy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:29:27 PM by Vauxhall »

Rama Set

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »
Katsung knows.