Rama Set

Re: Jailed for molesting a virtual child
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
In a trial stemming from a sting operation, the prosecution usually has a strong case. I was assuming that the case is strong enough to convict, meaning the defense needs to convince otherwise.

Thork

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »
So why are they considered criminals?

They committed crimes.
What crime? A crime needs a victim. The only victim is the man who is entrapped.

I fail to see how this is grounds for conviction. The tool could be used to form a watch list, but I don't think you can convict on the basis that someone indulged in a CGI role play on the internet, no matter how real they thought it to be. No crime has happened. Two consenting perverts (the pervert and the operator) acted out a role play game where one pretends to be a little girl and the other tries to talk dirty to it. The operator is actually being paid to do this. To my mind it is the operator who is offering an illegal service for monetary gain.

Rama Set

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »
Thork still does not understand what entrapment is and apparently does not understand what attempted sexual assault is either.

Thork

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »
Thork still does not understand what entrapment is and apparently does not understand what attempted sexual assault is either.
Maybe you should work on a rebuttal rather than ad hominum attacks.

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment
In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.
Seems to sum this case up perfectly. I believe the term for this is a honeypot trap.

I'd also like you to explain how you can a) attempt a sexual assault on a CGI character and b) where the defendant at any point tried to assault anyone. He just fapped in front of his PC at home. Or do you not know the difference between indecent exposure and assault? You are a bit of an idiot, aren't you. Come back with some actual information or a point of view, or stop clogging up this thread with your boring interjections.

Rama Set

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
The alleged 9 year old asked if the perp wanted "her" to leave and the he committed the act for which he was indicted. It does not seem he was induced to do anything, but instead initiated it. This person appears to have been looking for honey.

a)Atrempted a sexual assault only to find their intended victim was CGI.
b)there are a few charges that an be associated with masturbating in front of a minor.

PS As long as we are insulting each other, you should stop letting your ego prevent you from learning if at all possible. 💋

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
Thork... just... just stop.

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Hi u rly 9yar ol?