Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Time does not exist.
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 03:30:10 AM »
That's not true, not everyone here likes to argue.

I didn't make the claim that everyone here likes to argue, so I'm not sure what you're claiming as false in my post.

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
That's not true, not everyone here likes to argue.

Well then its a good thing I didn't say everyone here likes to argue, isn't it?

You said the entire forum is crawling with people who like to argue, so you weren't specific. It's pretty obvious that everyone here does like to argue.

Rama Set

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 03:32:05 AM »
The singularity before the Big Bang had zero entropy, since there can be no disorder in a singularity. Ergo entropy has a net increase since the Big Bang.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »
The singularity before the Big Bang had zero entropy, since there can be no disorder in a singularity. Ergo entropy has a net increase since the Big Bang.

Oh my god, are you telling me you have definitive proof of the big bang? Quick, give it to me so I can murder you and win a Nobel prize.

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2014, 03:34:40 AM »

wat

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2014, 08:05:42 AM »
tfw rushy only picks arguments where nobody agrees with him

Rama Set

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »

Oh my god, are you telling me you have definitive proof of the big bang? Quick, give it to me so I can murder you and win a Nobel prize.
there is plenty of proof for the Big Bang. Time to get out from behind the 4K monitor.
http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk/astro/cosmos/bb_evid

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Thork

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
I haven't got time to get into this silly debate. Time being a precious commodity of which I have little and would like more, thereby means it must exist.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »
No matter how busy I am, I'm never too busy to stop and tell you just how busy I am.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2014, 09:32:10 PM »
I don't know if you've noticed, but this entire forum is crawling with people who like to argue. It doesn't matter what it is, what it is about, or what the correct answer actually is. Its like a debate team with no subject, no time limit, and no judge. It is terrible and it exists because it has to. If I couldn't come here to argue for pages and pages about how time doesn't exist or that Oblivion/Morrowind/Skyrim being generic games, then I'd argue with real people in real places face to face. No one likes people who argue with everyone about everything in real life. They're obnoxious.

Now that you've openly admitted that you don't care if you're right or wrong, what reason do any of us have to pay attention to anything you say?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
Now that you've openly admitted that you don't care if you're right or wrong, what reason do any of us have to pay attention to anything you say?

You don't, but you're going to, I can tell you that much.

Ghost of V

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »
Rushy transcends time and can predict the future.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »

You don't, but you're going to, I can tell you that much.

Mind.

Blowned.

Also, it is possible to be very argumentative in person and still be liked. I'm not much different in real life than I am here. You just have to be charming enough to trick people into thinking they're having an enjoyable and light-hearted conversation while you're actually explaining to them why they're idiots for thinking that tigers are native to Africa.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:01:35 PM by Particle Person »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »
Mind.

Blowned.

Also, it is possible to be very argumentative in person and still be liked. I'm not much different in real life than I am here. You just have to be charming enough to trick people into thinking they're having an enjoyable and light-hearted conversation while you're actually explaining to them why they're idiots for thinking that tigers are native to Africa.

I meant people who argue about everything. Literally everything. EVERYTHING. Can't emphasize that enough. Like imagine the pedant word definition garbage that goes on here and now imagine a person does it in face to face conversations. A person in my office at work does it (not me) and the result is that nobody initiates conversation with him unless they have to tell him something work related. If people like you, you're either not that guy, or you have a really disastrous definition of what "like" is.

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 12:27:58 AM »
Never met anyone that autistic.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 12:45:21 AM »
Mind.

Blowned.

I meant people who argue about everything. Literally everything. EVERYTHING. Can't emphasize that enough. Like imagine the pedant word definition garbage that goes on here and now imagine a person does it in face to face conversations. A person in my office at work does it (not me) and the result is that nobody initiates conversation with him unless they have to tell him something work related. If people like you, you're either not that guy, or you have a really disastrous definition of what "like" is.

No, I'm not that guy. Are you saying that's the level of autism you would achieve if you didn't have FES to vent your argumentative feelings?

Ghost of V

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 12:50:15 AM »
I just give mean looks to people at work. Makes me look busy. What kind of guy does that make me?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 12:54:34 AM »
No, I'm not that guy. Are you saying that's the level of autism you would achieve if you didn't have FES to vent your argumentative feelings?

Probably not. I could always use Reddit to argue about pointless shit.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:24 AM »
If time doesn't exist, then why do I feel like I've wasted so much of it participating in this retarted thread? Checkmate, squid pro quo, ggnore.