Thork

Re: Pandemic Alert!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »
8 times more people are killed every year by lightning than have been by ebola. Yes, 24,000 people a year get touched by God and are flash fried on the spot.

So why are we spending billions on this? Sending in the army, contracting GSK to make drugs and at a budget of over $1bn. $1bn! What a ridiculously large and round number to demand - UN of course. Its purely another way to siphon off millions and millions in tax payer money from citizens all over the world.

Why not use that $1bn to buy rubber boots for people in thunder prone zones?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:46 AM »
8 times more people are killed every year by lightning than have been by ebola. Yes, 24,000 people a year get touched by God and are flash fried on the spot.

So why are we spending billions on this? Sending in the army, contracting GSK to make drugs and at a budget of over $1bn. $1bn! What a ridiculously large and round number to demand - UN of course. Its purely another way to siphon off millions and millions in tax payer money from citizens all over the world.

Why not use that $1bn to buy rubber boots for people in thunder prone zones?

Probably because lightning isn't contagious you fucking idiot.

Thork

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:34 AM »
It kills 8 times as many people every year. And has been doing so relentlessly year after year.

And you know how to stop ebola spreading? You stop repatriating every stupid arse person who goes over there when they get the disease. You bloody leave them there to get treated. A Spanish nurse has caught it from someone they flew back to Spain! Now 3 more people in Spain have got it. The stupidity is stupefying.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/world/europe/ebola-spain/index.html

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 12:38:38 AM »
It kills 8 times as many people every year. And has been doing so relentlessly year after year.

And you know how to stop ebola spreading? You stop repatriating every stupid arse person who goes over there when they get the disease. You bloody leave them there to get treated. A Spanish nurse has caught it from someone they flew back to Spain! Now 3 more people in Spain have got it. The stupidity is stupefying.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/world/europe/ebola-spain/index.html

Go away, then come back when you stop being wrong about everything. Jesus.

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 12:43:58 AM »

Thork

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 12:47:09 AM »
I'm not wrong about this. The over reaction by the media and hysterical Americans on social media is laughable. 1.3 million people died of TB last year. That's contagious. 1.5 million people die of hepatitis each year. Contagious. 400,000 children died of measles last year ... contagious.

And then we have hand-wringing American's telling us we are all going to die of ebola because 7000 people have contracted it and that we have to stump up $1bn to the UN or we will all die. Its a joke on you. If you are this stupid, you deserve to have them steal your tax money for 'causes' like this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:48:46 AM by Thork »

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:51 AM »
I'm not wrong about this. The over reaction by the media and hysterical Americans on social media is laughable. 1.3 million people died of TB last year. That's contagious. 1.5 million people die of hepatitis each year. Contagious. 158,000 people died of measles last year ... contagious.

And then we have hand-wringing American's telling us we are all going to die of ebola because 7000 people have contracted it and that we have to stump up $1bn to the UN or we will all die. Its a joke on you. If you are this stupid, you deserve to have them steal your tax money for 'causes' like this.

I'm sure putting that money into lightening strike prevention would be a good alternative...  even though "rubber boots" like you suggest would not save someone from a lightening strike by any means. You obviously have very rudimentary knowledge on the subject of lightening strike prevention.

Thork

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »
I made a joke to highlight the ridiculousness of asking western nations to find $1bn to help a few thousand Africans with threats of global destruction pumped from every bent news channel in our respective nations.

Ghost of V

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »
No, you're obviously a flippin idiot and terrible. Don't try to downplay it.

Thork

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
I understand how small 7000 is compared to the global population. I understand how large $1bn is as a sum. Anyone who comes to the conclusion that spending all this money on this is justified, is more of a flippin idiot than I am.

Ghost of V

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 01:22:15 AM »
I don't see what the problem is. We can always print more money.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »
Ebola shmola, Thork is right about this.
God is real.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
I agree with Thork.  Yes its a terrible disease but far worse things infect with more subtle symptoms.  And its not like we have a flea problem these days.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:23 AM »
Well now you're being idiots too. You do realize that just about every disease he listed receives more funding than Ebola, right? HIV alone totals at about $5 billion.

http://kff.org/global-health-policy/fact-sheet/u-s-funding-for-global-health-the-presidents-fy-2014-budget-request/

TB is the only lower disease, at $843 million. Christ people, at least look this shit up before suddenly forming an opinion based on Thork.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:14:16 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:27 AM »
I personally believe it is wise to be over prepared rather than under prepared.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
Well now you're being idiots too. You do realize that just about every disease he listed receives more funding than Ebola, right? HIV alone totals at about $5 billion.

http://kff.org/global-health-policy/fact-sheet/u-s-funding-for-global-health-the-presidents-fy-2014-budget-request/

TB is the only lower disease, at $843 million. Christ people, at least look this shit up before suddenly forming an opinion based on Thork.
5 times the money for how many more times the infected?  dead? 

But I see your point and do indeed feel dumb.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 03:12:12 AM »
When in doubt, always assume that Thork is wrong.

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 03:30:34 AM »
When in doubt, always assume that Thork is wrong.

Saddam's Law.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
NWO scare tactics is all this is.
God is real.

Thork

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »

Get a calculator. They are budgeting $142,000 to contain each individual case. It takes $142,000 to stop one African spreading this to another? Pull the other one. I could build a fucking castle for each one of them to live in, in Africa at that rate. $142,000 per person. I could send every one of them into space with SpaceX for that money and have change! http://www.spacexc.com/en/bookings/
That's some pretty extreme quarantine.