Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Coincidence investigation, possible FE clue
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 07:28:45 AM »
First you claim that camera lenses are equivalent to astronomical telescopes, and have now discarded that argument in favor of a claim that camera lenses are telescopes. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just stop posting.

And so what? It's even more proof that you can use an EQ mount, if properly polar aligned, and with a $10,000 EQ mount with hyper precision motors and gears, way more precise (and expensive) than the models you reference, you can get some 4+ hours duration - Look at Rigel in the video, stays in frame the whole time. No software is going to pull something out of frame back into frame.

You keep repeating yourself. It could have just wobbled back and fourth, or he could have repeated it a number of times, adjusting the mechanisms until he got what he wanted to keep everything within a reasonable frame.

What part of the phrase in bold, "is left to track on its own and is unguided." do you not understand? What does, left to track on its own mean to you?

Software manipulation? How do you think any timelapse is made, whether based on video or photography?

I left my camera to create an exposed shot to capture on its own; that doesn't mean that I didn't try it a bunch of times, that I didn't go to great lengths to create artificially good conditions, or that I didn't put it through extensive editing to unnaturally make what I wanted.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:27:18 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Coincidence investigation, possible FE clue
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 08:29:33 AM »
First you claim that camera lenses are equivalent to astronomical telescopes, and have now discarded that argument in favor of a claim that camera lenses are telescopes. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just stop posting.

I can attach a camera to a telescope lens and I can attach a telescope lens to a camera. How do you think someone with a telescope captures an image? Is that something that is too complex for you to understand? Not to mention, as already cited, the guy used a lens specifically designed for astrophotography and attached it to his Canon DSLR. So was his rig a telescope or a camera? Both. Why is this so difficult for you? And why are you trying to make some big distinction? It doesn't matter.

And so what? It's even more proof that you can use an EQ mount, if properly polar aligned, and with a $10,000 EQ mount with hyper precision motors and gears, way more precise (and expensive) than the models you reference, you can get some 4+ hours duration - Look at Rigel in the video, stays in frame the whole time. No software is going to pull something out of frame back into frame.

You keep repeating yourself. It could have just wobbled back and fourth or that he could have repeated it a number of times, adjusting the mechanisms until he got what he wanted to keep everything within a reasonable frame.

What part of the phrase in bold, "is left to track on its own and is unguided." do you not understand? What does, left to track on its own mean to you?

Software manipulation? How do you think any timelapse is made, whether based on video or photography?

I left my camera to create an exposed shot to capture on its own; that doesn't mean that I didn't try it a bunch of times, that I didn't go to great lengths to create artificially good conditions, or that I didn't put it through extensive editing to unnaturally make what I wanted.

He states, "is left to track on its own and is unguided." That pretty much says it all. Now you are just making up things. I could just as easily say, "It means he didn't try it a bunch of times, he didn't go to great lengths to create artificially good conditions, he didn't put it through extensive editing to unnaturally make what he wanted."

"is left to track on its own and is unguided." is just what it says. Why you're making up a whole bunch of stuff that he could have done is beyond comprehension.