Offline Tron

• View Profile
Blue Origins / William Shatner space launch (T-1hour)
« on: October 13, 2021, 01:07:57 PM »

From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Origins / William Shatner space launch (T-1hour)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 01:36:20 PM »
If he gets attacked by Tribbles, I'm calling BS.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 06:52:57 PM »
Shatner is great. Just great.
The Mastery.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 07:14:46 PM »
 KHAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

>o<
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 07:17:52 PM »
Literally zero footage of Shatner. How am I supposed to believe he went to space?

All you get is an interview with him standing some distance from the supposed launch vehicle. He's an actor (granted not a very good one). I get that he can memorise what to say. Where was the space flight footage?

The interview is not very convincing to be honest. He doesn't seem much to me like a man who brushed the face of God. More like an old hack, hamming it up in a badly cast cameo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:21:41 PM by Toddler Thork »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 07:35:00 PM »
Literally zero footage of Shatner. How am I supposed to believe he went to space?

All you get is an interview with him standing some distance from the supposed launch vehicle. He's an actor (granted not a very good one). I get that he can memorise what to say. Where was the space flight footage?

Patience. When footage inside the capsule is posted, what will you say then?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 07:55:45 PM »
The interview is not very convincing to be honest. He doesn't seem much to me like a man who brushed the face of God. More like an old hack, hamming it up in a badly cast cameo.

Yeah, but if that rocket exploded 65 miles above the Atlantic Ocean and Shatner was gone, that would be actual proof.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »

Yeah, but if that rocket exploded 65 miles above the Atlantic Ocean and Shatner was gone, that would be actual proof.
I would buy a small chunk of exploded Shatner if Blue Origins were to make keychains or paper weights or something.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 12:26:16 AM »

Yeah I didn't understand that either.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 04:43:24 AM »
90 year old Shat looks a little scared and not so agile. He is 90 after all. Here's some footage:

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
^ So the stunt actors are attached to harnesses and demonstrate the weightlessness. Meanwhile a 90 year old Shatner, too fragile to be dangled from a harness remains planted to his seat, but for a brief moment when he stands ... yes stands ... upright in a zero g environment.

Something smells.

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »
^ So the stunt actors are attached to harnesses and demonstrate the weightlessness. Meanwhile a 90 year old Shatner, too fragile to be dangled from a harness remains planted to his seat, but for a brief moment when he stands ... yes stands ... upright in a zero g environment.

Something smells.

Whats wrong with standing? Why are you assuming his feet are on the floor? Why are you inventing harnesses?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:01:32 AM by Rama Set »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 10:08:08 AM »
Why is Shatner not floating about in a zero g environment? It takes absolutely no effort at all. The entire point of the freefall is to give that sensation. Why does Shatner not get involved in the very experience the flight is supposed to provide?

I'd add the floating objects in the cabin all look CGI'd and why would you build a multi billion dollar rocket and fit it with a potato cam? 480p is the best camera they could afford? Give me one reason why I can't watch this in 4k on youtube. Youtube says 1080p, but there is no way the original is 1080p.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:11:55 AM by Toddler Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
Why is Shatner not floating about in a zero g environment? It takes absolutely no effort at all. The entire point of the freefall is to give that sensation. Why does Shatner not get involved in the very experience the flight is supposed to provide?

So no answers for my questions.

I'd add the floating objects in the cabin all look CGI'd and why would you build a multi billion dollar rocket and fit it with a potato cam? 480p is the best camera they could afford? Give me one reason why I can't watch this in 4k on youtube. Youtube says 1080p, but there is no way the original is 1080p.

Perhaps it’s the internet bandwidth? Maybe your perception is just wrong?

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 10:34:10 AM »
Thorks got a point. Even a 10 year old mobile phone camera puts out better footage. And you think after all the money you blew on the trip you wouldn't take a selfie or bring along some 4 or 8K cameras? No camera on the outside? No one wanted to take their own personal photo by the window or out the window? C'mon

This trip is the pinnacle of being pompous. All those resources expended which are not infinite. All those extra greenhouse gas emissions - all for some motley snobs to take an 11 minute ride to the edge of space with a view that looks even worse out of an airplane window

https://theconversation.com/space-tourism-rockets-emit-100-times-more-co-per-passenger-than-flights-imagine-a-whole-industry-164601

Disgusting. These rich few with way more dollars than sense will be the reason future generations will not be able to have nice things. I shudder to think this will be made into an entire industry.

If there was some point..... Some tangible benefit that could be accomplished, OK. But there is no point. I know people will say it's a starting point etc but a point to what? What possible need do people have that needs them to go 100km vertically into the air? Or go that high to go from point A to B across the planet? No point. It's just a very expensive 'rollercoaster' ride for pompous uber rich million/billionaires. 100km is a joke anyway. Not even 1/4 of the way to the ISS lol. And what do they see apart from the sky going from blue to black? I see that every time day turns to night lol

And if people think space tourism is going to convince flat earthers that the earth is round well even from 100km high (or Richard Bransons Virgin Galactic which only goes around 80km high so could stack over 2 Mt Everests height between their max height and Blue Origins max height) the FOV is still not enough to say, 'oh yeah that looks like a sphere' ::)

Going forward, humanity should concentrate on ways to travel that reduce our dependence on finite resources. Not waste them all and pollute our planet just to satisfy the wet dreams of a few

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 11:22:59 AM »

So no answers for my questions.
Your questions seldom deserve answers.

Perhaps it’s the internet bandwidth? Maybe your perception is just wrong?
^This response clearly demonstrates why your questions deserve no answer.

The level of disingenuous activity you engage in on this post is astounding.

Shatner is standing on a firm floor.

His lower body should be demonstrating signs of weightlessness and it clearly isn't.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:28:59 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »
What a great man.
The Mastery.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 01:15:19 PM »
I'd like to see some footage of Shatner experiencing some g-force on the way up. It feel suspicious that a 90 year old man who is badly out of shape is able to withstand 6g.

Quote from: https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2021/10/13/william-shatner-space-launch-blue-origin-livestream-video
Blue Origin said Shatner and the rest of the crew met all the medical and physical requirements, including the ability to hustle up and down several flights of steps at the launch tower. Passengers are subjected to nearly 6 G’s, or six times the force of Earth’s gravity, as the capsule returns to Earth.

Below is a man less than half Shatner's age dealing with less than 4g.

I think we can call this Shatner trip to space bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:18:07 PM by Toddler Thork »

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 01:40:47 PM »
I'd like to see some footage of Shatner experiencing some g-force on the way up. It feel suspicious that a 90 year old man who is badly out of shape is able to withstand 6g.

Quote from: https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2021/10/13/william-shatner-space-launch-blue-origin-livestream-video
Blue Origin said Shatner and the rest of the crew met all the medical and physical requirements, including the ability to hustle up and down several flights of steps at the launch tower. Passengers are subjected to nearly 6 G’s, or six times the force of Earth’s gravity, as the capsule returns to Earth.

Below is a man less than half Shatner's age dealing with less than 4g.

I think we can call this Shatner trip to space bullshit.

Good points. 90 and out of shape? The entire trip lasts about 10 minutes from start to finish. 6Gs they say? Surprised that the passengers were bright and bubbly and fully lucid during their brief time up there. They should have still been suffering the after effects of the blast off and be nauseous and vomiting

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/what-are-the-physiological-effects-of-too-much-g-force/
It depends on the direction. An upwards acceleration of about 5g is enough to overwhelm the ability of your heart to pump blood to your brain. This causes oxygen starvation and you will black out within a few seconds.

Downward, or negative, g-force is even worse. The blood pools in your head, your face swells up and your lower eyelids are forced over your eyes. This is called ‘redout’ because all you see is the light shining through your eyelids. At negative 3g, the blood can’t get back to your lungs to re-oxygenate, so you pass out.

What medical examiner in their right mind would look at an out of shape 90 year old and give him the tick of approval to subject him to 6Gs? How did he not suffer any after effects? How did his old bones not break?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 02:12:10 PM »
I used to fly aerobatics. I can tell you now that after taking extreme g's, you are shattered afterwards. Exhausted. And yet rather than Shatner saying "I'm broken and by the way, you knocked me out twice. Once on the way up and again on the way down" he is instead prattling on about the sky changing colour. You think he might mention the extreme forces on his body.

If Shatner held a 6-g pull, I want to see that footage. Not carefully curated 'experiences' of joy and wonderment on a 480p potato cam.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:35:04 PM by Toddler Thork »