Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: The Taliban Won
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »
The Taliban asking people to stay and remain calm says nothing about their intentions of how they will treat them.
Terrorists do not ask people to remain calm. Quite the opposite.

Apparently, in some cases, quite the opposite of your opposite...

9/11, American Flight 11 Cockpit Transcript:

MOHAMED ATTA
[Inaudible] We have some planes. Just stay quiet and we’ll be O.K. We are returning to the airport.
MOHAMED ATTA
Nobody move, everything will be O.K. If you try to make any moves, you will injure yourself and the airplane. Just stay quiet.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2021, 06:00:46 PM »
I wonder if anyone can answer what the objective difference is between a totalitarian theocracy and a totalitarian democracy?

I mean, on one hand, democratic rule essentially boils down to mob rule, and we know how well mobs do with humane endeavors.

The other has at least resulted in some form of orderly progression.

I think most people don't know what the word oppression means.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 06:05:05 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »
The hubris exhibited by persons who honestly believe it is their right to pass judgment and dictate what is right and wrong for a culture that has existed for millennia prior to these judgmental edicts being pronounced is simply amazing.

Rama Set

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2021, 06:22:43 PM »
Imagine using antecedence as a justification for cultural value. I can’t wait for Lackey to bring back witch burning, Prima Nocte and chattel slavery on the same grounds.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2021, 06:31:20 PM »
Before anyone gets the hairbrained scheme there is an iota of difference between Osama Bin Laden and some members here, they ought to read the posts of some of these members here who desire to overthrow an entire culture because they don't like the religion of that culture.

Rama Set

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2021, 06:32:52 PM »
The Taliban aren’t even Afghani culture writ large. They are an extreme element within it.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2021, 06:37:51 PM »
The Taliban only really emerged out of the Afghan civil war in the 90s following the power vacuum left in the wake the Soviet exit... what are you even talking about?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2021, 07:20:10 PM »
Ah yes, the incredibly equitable Islamic law.
It is an islamic country. Were you expecting them to adopt French law?

They were always enforcing Islamic Law. Their particular interpretation was heinous. Maybe they’ve changed, but I will want to see evidence of that.
Where is the evidence their interpretation is 'heinous'? The war was justified by 9/11 ... which is them hurting Americans, not each other.

So no evidence of millions of content Afghans. Got it.
The people as described are getting on just fine. No evidence of millions being persecuted. The burden of proof is on you. You can't ask me to prove something isn't happening. You have to prove it is.

I’ve shown you evidence of systemic oppression of women by the Taliban as well.
An isolated incident isn't 'systematic oppression'. You keep giving me isolated incidents. That isn't proof. I could give you isolated incidents of murder in the UK. It doesn't mean everyone is a murderer.

The evidence the BBC used was Afghan television. It was literally the entire point of the article. In fact, all the BBC added was where the embedded video originated from and a headline. It feels like you didn’t click your own link.
So I received BBC news and you want me to accept it as Afghani news? No, I got my news and viewpoint from the BBC. They decided what I should and shouldn't see. They were the gatekeepers. Not the Afghanis.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »
The taliban are nice guys now? Did they get #metoo'd?

I feel that some people arguing that things are going to be different under the taliban now are overdosing on hopium.

Rama Set

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2021, 08:48:13 PM »
It is an islamic country. Were you expecting them to adopt French law?

???

Where is the evidence their interpretation is 'heinous'?

I am not going to repeat myself.  Feel free to circle back and have another go.

The people as described are getting on just fine. No evidence of millions being persecuted. The burden of proof is on you. You can't ask me to prove something isn't happening. You have to prove it is.

You said millions of Afghans are content.  I am asking you to prove that, not prove they aren't being persecuted.

]An isolated incident isn't 'systematic oppression'. You keep giving me isolated incidents. That isn't proof. I could give you isolated incidents of murder in the UK. It doesn't mean everyone is a murderer.

Women, as an entire class, were not allowed to be educated under Taliban rule.  Women, as an entire class, were prevented from working.  Please take the time to read what I write carefully, so you don't make elementary errors like this again.

So I received BBC news and you want me to accept it as Afghani news? No, I got my news and viewpoint from the BBC. They decided what I should and shouldn't see. They were the gatekeepers. Not the Afghanis.

You declared that everthing was fine for women because one appeared on an Afghani news network.  I asked you why you trusted that news network, when you don't trust other media networks.  You then proceeded to miss the point for the next couple of pages.

Rama Set

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2021, 08:49:49 PM »
The taliban are nice guys now? Did they get #metoo'd?

I feel that some people arguing that things are going to be different under the taliban now are overdosing on hopium.

Even worse, Thork seems to arguing that it was never really that bad, Jeff Bezos just wants you to think its bad.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2021, 10:07:56 PM »

Yeah, I don't accept your INDIVIDUAL one off anecdotes. If you've nothing else to add, we'll park it there. In every country there are a minority of bad people. That doesn't make the Taliban heinous.

You said millions of Afghans are content.  I am asking you to prove that, not prove they aren't being persecuted.
Its the same thing. You are asking me to prove that they are ok. Well they aren't dead, fleeing or being mass raped. That's ok. Got anything saying they aren't ok? They being more than say 5 of them, because I know how much you like to equate one=many with your lousy sources.

Women, as an entire class, were not allowed to be educated under Taliban rule.  Women, as an entire class, were prevented from working.  Please take the time to read what I write carefully, so you don't make elementary errors like this again.
Women have gone back to work in Afghanistan, women are being offered rights in Afghanistan, women will probably fare better being as 20 years have gone by and even the Taliban will catch up with the rest of the world one day. They are making all the right moves right now.

You declared that everthing was fine for women because one appeared on an Afghani news network.
Never did I say that. Feel free to find that quote.

I asked you why you trusted that news network, when you don't trust other media networks.
I still don't think you realise who Al Jazeera are. They are not Afghanis.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:21:48 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2021, 10:52:42 PM »

Yeah, I don't accept your INDIVIDUAL one off anecdotes. If you've nothing else to add, we'll park it there. In every country there are a minority of bad people. That doesn't make the Taliban heinous.

Good thing I’ve posted more than that. Maybe you’d like to peruse a Wikipedia page as a primer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treatment_of_women_by_the_Taliban

No MSM sources went in to the creation of that Wikipedia page.

Its the same thing. You are asking me to prove that they are ok. Well they aren't dead, fleeing or being mass raped. That's ok. Got anything saying they aren't ok? They being more than say 5 of them, because I know how much you like to equate one=many with your lousy sources.

There were more than five people climbing on to jet planes hoping to escape.

Women have gone back to work in Afghanistan, women are being offered rights in Afghanistan, women will probably fare better being as 20 years have gone by and even the Taliban will catch up with the rest of the world one day. They are making all the right moves right now.

What specific rights have they been offered? I’ve posted above that the Taliban have already forced women to leave their jobs and told them not to return, so what evidence do you have that they are receiving rights?

You declared that everthing was fine for women because one appeared on an Afghani news network.
Never did I say that. Feel free to find that quote.

Thork, Thork, Thork…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-58241000
^Seems women are allowed to carry on as before.

I asked you why you trusted that news network, when you don't trust other media networks.
I still don't think you realise who Al Jazeera are. They are not Afghanis.

You trusted that the appearance of a woman on an Afghani news network meant women were fine. That’s trusting an Afghani news network. I’m not sure why you keep inserting Al Jazeera in to this part of the conversation.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2021, 05:49:04 AM »
Thork needs to look at it from another angle: The women who were forced to leave had to be replaced.  But how?
Well, a male relative was FORCED to take the job.

So if Thork's female cousin was suddenly removed from her job, Thork now has to do it.
Thork don't care about women's rights, but he does care about being forced into a job.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2021, 07:13:33 AM »
If I'm going to play the devil's advocate I'd have to say that these incidences with women being forced out of jobs and such are happening during this sort of violent/peaceful exchange of power.  It's possible that a few of their guys didn't have their shit together and that the policy moving forward will be different.

It's kind of unlikely since what's the point of being an extremist if you aren't extreme?  But maybe.

Rama Set

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2021, 07:11:32 PM »
A recent embed with the Taliban where a commander discusses his use of hand decapitation and flogging to punish crimes :

Rama Set

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2021, 07:26:19 PM »
Taliban are clashing with protesters. So much for the content Afghani hypothesis.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »
This is interesting.  A pocket of resistance.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/afghan-envoy-says-hold-out-panjshir-province-can-resist-taliban-rule-2021-08-18/

Of course by the time I post this it could have already been eradicated by the friendly neighborhood Taliban.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2021, 10:24:56 AM »
The group established and funded by the CIA, formerly known as the Mujahudeen, now labeled as the Taliban by the CIA, had enough of the destructive policies implemented b the CIA, under Czar Bushy the I, and will resist the attempts to seize total control of the opium and heroin trade occurring in their country.

GO TALIBAN!!!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2021, 11:22:09 AM »
The group established and funded by the CIA, formerly known as the Mujahudeen, now labeled as the Taliban by the CIA, had enough of the destructive policies implemented b the CIA, under Czar Bushy the I, and will resist the attempts to seize total control of the opium and heroin trade occurring in their country.

GO TALIBAN!!!

So you are...
Pro-narcotics.
Pro-Shaier law.
And technically a terrorist sympathizer.

You know... Not shocked.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.