Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2022, 04:58:04 PM »
You think it reasonable and lucid to be reading a script and include the words, "end of quote."?

If I introduced it AS A QUOTATION, absolutely.

As a native English speaker, I prefer the form quote / unquote, so I would read out;

"... and here I reference the words of Neil deGrasse Tyson, who said, quote, "That stuff is FLAT", unquote."
Yeah, "quote/unquote" is perfectly reasonable.

Compare and contrast that wording, which is used DAILY by millions, with the process of reading from a script, and having those words written out so you DO NOT FORGET THEM!
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2022, 05:02:36 PM »
And in conjunction with everything else?

What would that be?
Yeah, okay...

I am going to treat this question as one of the never-ending rhetorical merry-go-rounds you engage in, knowing full well the factual record doesn't need to be repeated for anyone's benefit.

Look, having a shit-stained diaper-wearing motherfucker acting as your leader in chief may work out just fine for you; after all, I mean, it probably cannot get much for worse you anyway as it is.

But this guy is starting to hurt my fucking wallet and that of millions of more and he has got to now, not tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:30:03 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2022, 05:07:24 PM »
I also think it's pretty reasonable to ask why people with a certain agenda are claiming that Biden has dementia because he trips over certain words in a speech, while finding no fault in, say, the utter ramble that was some of Trump's speeches - you see some of those written down and it's a complete mess. A bit of logical consistency isn't too much to ask.

Someone else referred to "whataboutism"...

If someone here refers to the current holder of office as faltering on X, Y and Z, is it so unreasonable to point out that the previous holder of the same office faltered much more than the current one on the same X, Y and Z, and also made a festering hash-up of A, B, C, and P, Q, R, when he could actually be bothered to turn up and do the work, and wasn't watching TV or at one of his country/golf clubs ...
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2022, 05:14:13 PM »
Look, having a shit-stained diaper-wearing motherfucker acting as your leader in chief may work out just fine for you; after all, I mean, it probably cannot get much worse you anyway as it is.  But this guy is starting to hurt my fucking wallet and that of millions of more and he has got to now, not tomorrow.

What do you want to change, in terms of policy from the office of the POTUS?  Do you want Trump back in office? If not, who? MTG? Boebert? McConnell?

What makes you think someone else will be able to effect changes to not "hurt (your) fecking wallet" ??? 
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #804 on: March 10, 2022, 05:38:49 PM »
I also think it's pretty reasonable to ask why people with a certain agenda are claiming that Biden has dementia because he trips over certain words in a speech, while finding no fault in, say, the utter ramble that was some of Trump's speeches - you see some of those written down and it's a complete mess. A bit of logical consistency isn't too much to ask.

Someone else referred to "whataboutism"...

If someone here refers to the current holder of office as faltering on X, Y and Z, is it so unreasonable to point out that the previous holder of the same office faltered much more than the current one on the same X, Y and Z, and also made a festering hash-up of A, B, C, and P, Q, R, when he could actually be bothered to turn up and do the work, and wasn't watching TV or at one of his country/golf clubs ...

Yes it is, because we should judge each president’s acts on their own merits. I agree the previous president was terrible but that doesn’t make Biden good, just better than the predecessor. It’s progress of a sort but no one should be happy about a foggy president at any time.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 10, 2022, 06:13:54 PM »
The Democratic establishment thought Biden was their only shot at beating Trump, so they engineered it so that he got the nomination, knowing full well (I believe) that he wasn't all there. It's really a shame that this is what politics is in this country, but there you go.

God forbid a fully lucid candidate like Bernie get a shot. No, they had to smear him because he was doing too well, in favor of a candidate that should never have really been seriously considered.

I'm glad Trump is out. I'd rather have someone incompetent in office than someone who's both incompetent and has no respect for decorum, democracy, or the rule of law. But my God does Biden suck.

Whether you're on the left or the right politics is just a shit show in America right now.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 10, 2022, 06:26:43 PM »
The Quote end quote thing is dumb and not at all weird.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/7348/is-it-end-quote-or-unquote
Since this is 11 years old, I'm gonna say that Biden is not the first nor last person who used that.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 11, 2022, 04:32:02 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-412516218791

This is even more dishonest and ridiculous than I expected. It's literally just a video of Biden saying "end of quote," which conservatives assumed was something he wasn't supposed to say. That's it. That's literally it. There is literally nothing more to this situation than an out-of-context video and a kneejerk assumption from conservatives that because they didn't know what Biden was talking about, he must have been saying something nonsensical. Even if we didn't have the full video confirming that of course Biden was simply quoting someone, the alternative narrative that conservatives dreamed up doesn't make any sense. Why would a teleprompter say something like "end of quote" if the speaker wasn't supposed to say it? Teleprompters aren't scripts or screenplays. They don't contain lots of extraneous text that the speaker isn't supposed to say. That's simply not their function. No speechwriter would be cluttering up a teleprompter's transcript by clumsily labeling what is or isn't a quote within the transcript itself.

Biden has said plenty of goofy things in the past that might lead reasonable people to question his acuity. But this isn't one of them. This is just a really stupid and lazy smear attempt.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 11, 2022, 05:57:11 AM »
I can't believe saying "end quote" even remotely deserves any amount of journalistic ink. Now, had he done air quotes instead, I would be incensed and demand the cabinet invoke the 25th amendment post haste.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 11, 2022, 06:13:58 AM »

This is even more dishonest and ridiculous than I expected. It's literally just a video of Biden saying "end of quote,"

Why are you talking about something from November 24th?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 07:21:50 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 11, 2022, 06:23:53 AM »
Wow, how naive. Who was President and Vice President in 2012 and 2013?

Who was President and Vice President in 2015?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 11, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »

Who indeed. They were certainly not good ones since they had just plunged the nation into years of economic hardship while they conducted military interventions abroad.

Rama Set

« Reply #812 on: March 11, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »

Who indeed. They were certainly not good ones since they had just plunged the nation into years of economic hardship while they conducted military interventions abroad.

Economic hardships that were created by previous administrations. Obama inherited the sub-prime crisis which was due to deregulation by Clinton and Bush and unethical business practices by financial institutions. Military interventions are obviously not an issue for you, so why disingenuously bring it up? You had nothing to say about Trump increasing drone strikes and purportedly don’t care about international wars. You should work on this troll point a little better.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 11, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »
Economic hardships that were created by previous administrations.

Yes because administrations in power only have the power to make policies and not undo or counter policies.  ::)

Rama Set

« Reply #814 on: March 11, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

Yes because administrations in power only have the power to make policies and not undo or counter policies.  ::)

Yes and you may have noticed the economy recovered quite well under Obama.

I am glad you conceded you ridiculous point about military interventions.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 11, 2022, 03:17:48 PM »

Obama and Biden were elected in 2008. It took them that long to get the markets under control? The value of the dollar and the markets are linked closely to investor confidence and can rise or fall based on the mere result of an election without any policies put into place. Obviously that administration had a problem creating the necessary confidence.

I am glad you conceded you ridiculous point about military interventions.

Are you arguing that putting your country into wars and numerous conflicts has nothing to do with investor confidence in your country?

This must be why Russia's markets have been unaffected by recent events. ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:45:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #816 on: March 11, 2022, 04:24:41 PM »
Obama and Biden were elected in 2008. It took them that long to get the markets under control? The value of the dollar and the markets are linked closely on investor confidence and can rise or fall based on the mere result of an election without any policies put into place. Obviously that administration had a problem creating the necessary confidence.

"That long"?  Like how long was that? How long should it have taken?  How much of an impact did Obama's changes have on investor confidence and how much should it have had?  I would like you to back up your assertions above with some substance because it appears you are throwing shit at the wall to see if it will stick.

Are you arguing that putting your country into wars and numerous conflicts has nothing to do with investor confidence in your country?

This must be why Russia's markets have been unaffected by recent events. ::)

What?  What in the actual fuck is this segue?  Try rereading what I have written and resubmit your homework.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 11, 2022, 04:58:48 PM »

This is even more dishonest and ridiculous than I expected. It's literally just a video of Biden saying "end of quote,"

Why are you talking about something from November 24th?

Because that was the incident being discussed in this thread. If there's a more recent case of Biden getting lost while reading a teleprompter, I haven't seen it, and if Ronny Jackson was just making a general claim about Biden's mental state backed up by his own role as a doctor, then it bears repeating that Jackson's treatment of Trump proves that he can't be trusted to give an honest medical opinion.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 11, 2022, 06:48:00 PM »
Not sure why I suddenly thought of this.........no, wait, I know exactly why.

I hope you understand we're maintaining a valuable resource here....

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 11, 2022, 08:54:04 PM »

Obama and Biden were elected in 2008. It took them that long to get the markets under control? The value of the dollar and the markets are linked closely to investor confidence and can rise or fall based on the mere result of an election without any policies put into place. Obviously that administration had a problem creating the necessary confidence.

Looks like the turnaround started to happen right after the Obama administration's inauguration...