Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1340 on: January 04, 2022, 01:03:59 AM »
I could barely crawl out of my bed for a shit, let alone go out to a place to get a test.
Ah, so it just didn't occur to you that it might be prudent to buy a self-test before you got sick while a deadly virus was making the rounds.
Which deadly virus is making the rounds?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 04, 2022, 01:07:13 AM »
I think you know.

Also, spreading the virus while you're sick isn't the only reason to get a test. How many people have you been in contact with while refusing to wear a mask during the incubation period? Have you informed any of them that you were sick? Do you know if any of them have symptoms? Have you taken any responsible steps at all?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 04, 2022, 01:10:14 AM »
Starting to feel a bit nervous for all the poor bastards that spent time with you at the pub on NYE…

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 04, 2022, 01:17:42 AM »
I think you know.
I'm not aware of any virus killing otherwise healthy people. Maybe you've been gas lit by the media or something?

Also, spreading the virus while you're sick isn't the only reason to get a test. How many people have you been in contact with while refusing to wear a mask during the incubation period? Have you informed any of them that you were sick? Do you know if any of them have symptoms? Have you taken any responsible steps at all?
This is what I mean. You've replied 3 times now, asked a bunch of accusatory questions and not one of them is "Are you feeling better?".  >o<

Starting to feel a bit nervous for all the poor bastards that spent time with you at the pub on NYE…
I couldn't go out NYE. I was already slipping in and out of the shadow realm by then. I last went out on Christmas Eve for drinks, but saw a panto on the 28th. It is likely in the theatre where I picked up this bug because I was very ill from the 31st morning onwards.

Rama Set

« Reply #1344 on: January 04, 2022, 03:08:06 AM »
I think you know.
I'm not aware of any virus killing otherwise healthy people. Maybe you've been gas lit by the media or something?

Ignorance isn’t an excuse.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 04, 2022, 05:40:47 AM »
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, Thork.  But those Herman Cain Awards are not a thing someone can receive without considerable sacrifice.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 04, 2022, 07:32:48 AM »
I'm not aware of any virus killing otherwise healthy people.
What a strange definition of “deadly”.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 04, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, Thork.
Finally. Someone with a little empathy.

But those Herman Cain Awards are not a thing someone can receive without considerable sacrifice.
I've never heard of this Herman guy and a read of his wiki page doesn't give me any clues as to why you mentioned him.

I'm not aware of any virus killing otherwise healthy people.
What a strange definition of “deadly”.
Mmmm. I hadn't considered that you might want to call a virus that doesn't kill people, "deadly". ...  No, I'm sorry. I've thought about it and a deadly virus needs to kill people. I'm just old fashioned like that.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 04, 2022, 10:47:29 AM »
Holy shit. An expert with a brain.

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59865108
It is not affordable or sustainable to keep vaccinating everyone against Covid-19 on the planet regularly, a UK vaccine scientist says.

Prof Sir Andrew Pollard, who helped develop the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, says the most at risk should be identified and prioritised instead.

I've been saying this since the vaccine was invented. Its taken one of the finest medical minds in the country 2 years to come to this revelation and he's a lone voice. Just jab the vulnerable. Requiring someone like me to be jabbed 3 times in 18 months and to carry a passport to prove it, under threat of health discrimination of products and services is utter madness.

Meanwhile the UK is making children wear masks in school again next term.  ::)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 04, 2022, 10:52:36 AM »
How are ya feeling Thork?

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: January 04, 2022, 10:56:21 AM »
How are ya feeling Thork?
Better thanks. I don't feel ill any more. I just feel weak. I'm just going to take it easy for a few more days before I try anything strenuous.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 04, 2022, 11:07:26 AM »
I've thought about it
This seems unlikely.
and a deadly virus needs to kill people.
It doesn't need to kill everyone to be considered deadly. No-one has ever claimed Covid has a 100% kill rate.

By the way, I tested positive last Thursday. The missus tested positive on Christmas Day, with outstanding comic timing. I tested negative then but have now succumbed.
For me it's just been a bit of a cold. So maybe you're a bit of a wimp?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 04, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »
I've thought about it
This seems unlikely.
It doesn't need to kill everyone to be considered deadly. No-one has ever claimed Covid has a 100% kill rate.
If it kills one single person who may be vulnerable, is that enough to consider it deadly?

Is laughter deadly?
One ancient account of the death of Chrysippus, a third-century BC Greek Stoic philosopher, tells that he died of laughter after he saw a donkey eating his figs; he told a slave to give the donkey neat wine to drink to wash them down with, and then, "...having laughed too much, he died". I don't get why a donkey eating figs is funny but I guess you had to be there. Should we all be careful about laughing? How many people need to die of laughter before you consider it deadly? What is the threshold before you begin to panic?

By the way, I tested positive last Thursday. The missus tested positive on Christmas Day
Are we still talking about covid or have you moved the conversation on?

I tested negative then but have now succumbed.
I haven't had any cold like symptoms. I had a raging fever for 3 days and then now I'm fine. Also, I recently posted some pictures of my god-like physique. I'm likely in the top 5% of fitness for people on earth.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 04, 2022, 11:36:21 AM »
If it kills one single person who may be vulnerable, is that enough to consider it deadly?
No.
But the mortality rate of Covid - and the chances of it requiring hospitalisation - is high enough to suggest that it was a situation which required a response. One can have a sensible debate about what that response should have been and what our government got right and wrong of course.

I'm likely in the top 5% of fitness for people on earth.
And yet Covid laid you low for 3 days. So have a think about what that means for people who are older and less fit.
Come on, I reckon you'll connect the dots and get there if you really try.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 04, 2022, 11:52:54 AM »
I've thought about it
This seems unlikely.

By the way, I tested positive last Thursday. The missus tested positive on Christmas Day, with outstanding comic timing. I tested negative then but have now succumbed.
Wow, you were were thrice jabbed with the vaccine and still got the Covid!?!?

That's almost exactly what the "unenlightened," have been saying all along, isn't it? That everyone would eventually get the virus? Maybe even two, three, or four times in their life? Because, surprise(!!!!) that is the NATURE of respiratory infections?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 04, 2022, 11:57:52 AM »
No.
But the mortality rate of Covid - and the chances of it requiring hospitalisation - is high enough
No, it isn't.

And it never will be.

Never had a chance to be.

It is like omicron = moronic when it comes to analysis of the mortality rates and hospitalization rates as all those numbers were drastically inflated due to government funding rewarding the overreporting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:02:18 PM by Action80 »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 04, 2022, 11:57:57 AM »
I've thought about it
This seems unlikely.

That's almost exactly what the "unenlightened," have been saying all along, isn't it? That everyone would eventually get the virus? Maybe even two, three, or four times in their life? Because, surprise(!!!!) that is the NATURE of respiratory infections?

They key is 'bit of a cold'.
The vaccine isn't going to prevent everyone from getting infected.  Thats impossible.  Instead, it prevents you from having the full symptoms if any at all.
Which is the point since its the people with severe symptoms that usually die.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 04, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »
I've thought about it
This seems unlikely.

They key is 'bit of a cold'.
The vaccine isn't going to prevent everyone from getting infected.  Thats impossible.  Instead, it prevents you from having the full symptoms if any at all.
Which is the point since its the people with severe symptoms that usually die.
"bit of a cold."

Sounds like the symptoms of omicron in UNVACCINATED individuals.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 04, 2022, 12:05:01 PM »
Twice.

And yes, the vaccine doesn't put a magic forcefield around you and stop you getting infected. What it does do is prepare your body so that if you do get infected the symptoms are typically milder. Which is exactly what happened. My wife and myself both got it over Christmas and it's been little more than a cold. The vaccine did it's job. Good old science, eh?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 04, 2022, 12:07:39 PM »
I'm likely in the top 5% of fitness for people on earth.
And yet Covid laid you low for 3 days. So have a think about what that means for people who are older and less fit.
Come on, I reckon you'll connect the dots and get there if you really try.

Two points.

1) Why can't you learn to quote properly? You've been at this site forever. You must know how to do this by now.
2) I never said I had covid. You see, I just said I was ill. There are very very many diseases out there, but just like OUR NHS (peace be upon it), you are quick to jump to the conclusion that it is covid and therefore I deserved to have been ill for not being vaccinated. I maintain it was a seasonal flu. That still exists you know.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/
^ I had all these symptoms minus the last 2.

I did not have loss of smell or taste, covid toe, runny nose, sneezing, the continuous cough or pretty much any of the things you'd expect from covid.

This is my point. You're all covid obsessed.