Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Reply #740 on: April 05, 2018, 11:20:58 PM »
Why would he choose the work of a gay erotic photographer to represent Bruce banging random women to deal with his shit?

Clearly it is representative of Bruce's latent and repressed desire to fuck dudes.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 06, 2018, 03:18:03 AM »
Why would he choose the work of a gay erotic photographer to represent Bruce banging random women to deal with his shit?

Clearly it is representative of Bruce's latent and repressed desire to fuck dudes.

That would explain the way he looks at Superman when he tries to run him over.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 06, 2018, 04:10:06 AM »

I doubt if there's anything more to it beyond Snyder's apparent belief that framed pictures add a sense of artistry to a scene. He's been throwing out a lot of these odd explanations for little details in BvS lately. Evidently he knows that his stint in the DCEU is over and he's trying to spell out as much of his vision as he can. This article mentions a few of them:

https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-explaining-batman-v-superman/

The one about the Anti-Life Equation took me by surprise. I had honestly thought that the Knightmare was simply referring to Injustice, with some Darkseid thrown in for franchise-building. That wouldn't have made the scene any less pointless, but at least it would be a simpler and clearer explanation than "and also Darkseid is secretly controlling him."

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 06, 2018, 05:09:21 AM »
The fuck?
Did Snyder read comics?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Anti-Life equation a way to unmake life and not mind control people?  And implying Darkseid has it is like saying Thanos has all the infinity stones but is gonna fuck with Captain America's head instead of wiping out half the universe.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 06, 2018, 11:40:31 AM »
half the universe.
Like Marvel would do that. He'll probably just kill off some characters, destroy a few cities, and then be heroically defeated by a ragtag group of Avengers. It's hard to further your massive cash cow if you just killed off everyone in it.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 06, 2018, 02:23:21 PM »
The fuck?
Did Snyder read comics?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Anti-Life equation a way to unmake life and not mind control people?

No, it's mind control.

Darkseid specifically hates free will, not the concept of life itself.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 06, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »

You really have to go back to the old TV show to see this level of homoerotic subtext in a Batman work.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2018, 05:46:42 AM »
The fuck?
Did Snyder read comics?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Anti-Life equation a way to unmake life and not mind control people?

No, it's mind control.

Darkseid specifically hates free will, not the concept of life itself.

Ah...
That is far less cool than I thought it was.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 08, 2018, 04:56:19 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/06/zack-snyder-suggests-dead-robin-in-batman-v-superman-was-dick-grayson-2

Having Dick be the dead Robin rather than Jason is exactly the kind of dumb "edgy" detail Snyder would include without thinking about what it meant for the franchise going forward, much like introducing Jimmy Olsen for the sole purpose of shooting him in the head. WB thankfully won't pay any attention to this.

God, he's such an idiot.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
I love that part in the Bible where Jesus floated in the water after saving workers from a flaming offshore rig.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #750 on: April 18, 2018, 02:05:52 AM »
http://whatculture.com/film/10-dceu-revelations-from-zack-snyder?page=9

I can't find an image of this exchange, or even another article talking about it, so I can't guarantee that this one is true. Assuming that it is, though, this is awful storytelling, just like having Superman becoming evil because Darkseid was controlling him or Batman and Superman fighting because Lex tricked them into it was awful storytelling. I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating, especially seeing how Snyder has apparently learned nothing from the response to BvS and has continued to triple down on his "everybody was being controlled or manipulated by somebody else" approach to plotting and character motivations. Nobody who fails to understand the importance of proper character motivations has any business working in a creative medium, and even the comics that Snyder cribs from so heavily were never so lazy as to keep relying on these stupid villainous master plans forming the entirety of the plot.

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-knightmare-plan/

As you can see, the JL two-parter that Snyder had planned promised to be complete fucking garbage. It also looks like it would have been even more grimdark than BvS, despite claims from Snyder and Terrio that a lighter tone going forward was always the plan and not something hurriedly decided on after BvS's poor reception. Also, none of this makes the Knightmare any less lousy as a part of the story or more effective as an advertisement.

In other news, the Harley thing seems to be progressing. I love this part of the article:

This is a bold bet for Warner Bros’ Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada, who oversee DC under Toby Emmerich. Yan got the job over numerous well established male directors, and because she is taking this giant leap with just one small-budget indie movie under her belt.

A studio entrusting an enormous blockbuster to a director who's only handled one small movie before? Well, I'll be! This has never happened before!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 19, 2018, 05:47:16 AM »
Ugh.... you do not need mind control or complex manipulation that ends up being stupid.

Batman would fight to stop superman because a god damn city was destroyed in a fist fight.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Darkseid more "Soften them up with minor villians then invade with an army?" Not a "Puppet from the shadows until they have no defense"?

He always struck me as a hands on,crush them with force (though intelligently) kind of villian.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
Ugh.... you do not need mind control or complex manipulation that ends up being stupid.

Batman would fight to stop superman because a god damn city was destroyed in a fist fight.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Darkseid more "Soften them up with minor villians then invade with an army?" Not a "Puppet from the shadows until they have no defense"?

He always struck me as a hands on,crush them with force (though intelligently) kind of villian.

Legends had Darkseid executing a complicated scheme through his minions to turn Earth's people against its heroes before trying to attack. "Puppet (er, puppet master?) from the shadows until they have no defense" is consistent enough with his character imo.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 20, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
Fair enough.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 21, 2018, 09:11:03 AM »
At this rate, Snyder is going to ruin Batman forever. 
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
At this rate, Snyder is going to ruin Batman forever.

>implying he hasnt already

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 23, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
Snyder's damage is done. I'm reasonably certain that future filmmakers are not going to be taking these musings into account for planning out their movies. Like, if the Nightwing movie ever gets made, it'll be about Dick Grayson. They're not going to have it be someone else because Snyder wanted to be edgy and have it be Dick who was killed rather than Jason Todd. Same with his idea of Bruce never living in Wayne Manor as an adult. If Matt Reeves or whoever wants to show a flashback of Bruce living there, they will. It's kind of like how JL wisely set aside Snyder's dumb notion that Batman was still an urban legend after twenty years of capeshittery and too edgy to work with the police. Never forget:

Behold the master of stealth, perched two feet off the ground with his enormous frame filling up almost the entire corner of the room. You know what, I think this one needs to be seen in motion for the full effect:

Was having him slither away like a snake really the best they could do? Why not have him, I don't know, set off a smoke grenade, or throw a batarang that emitted a noise as a distraction, or even just escape the room stealthily without the cop noticing? They'd all have been better introductions to Batman than this. But I guess Snyder really wanted to emphasize his inhumanity or something.

Rama Set

« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
There is a Teen Titans series, centering around Dick Grayson, being shot in Toronto right now. If they make a Nightwing movie, do you think they will be smart and cast the same actor in the movie? I don’t.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
There's a god damn Teen Titans GO! movie for some dumb fuck reason.

Why? 

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 23, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »
I'm going to imagine probably because it's popular and enjoyed?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.