Re: Cyberpunk 2077 E3
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »
Yep, this is it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:49:31 AM »
That's a pretty lame trailer. There's nothing really flashy or impressive about it. It looks more like a cutscene from the game than anything else, and I'd prefer to actually play through a scene like this than just have it be a cutscene. It's good to have a release date, even if it is a year from now, and I'm glad we have confirmation that Jackie won't be guiding us through the whole game like an immortal NPC from CoD.

I wish I felt more hyped for this game, but so much of what's been revealed over the last year or so has just been disappointing to me. I was hoping for something like TW3 in a cyberpunk setting and instead we're getting something like...Far Cry in a cyberpunk setting.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »
I loved the Witcher 3 ... but these are not casual games. Games like this are going to want 200+ hours of your life from you. And if I am going to give 200 hours, I have to be really hyped about a game ... and this one doesn't make me want to play it.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:18:00 PM »
ITT:  "I want this game to be just like all of the other games I have played..."

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »
As opposed to a linear, scripted FPS, which we totally haven't seen before.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Which is what I say about Doom and everyone flerps on about "bEsT gAMe eVeR!!"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 03:40:16 PM »
Game looks great to me, seems like Saddam and Thork just have a severe case of whinging. They'll get over it.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 07:43:33 PM »
That's a pretty lame trailer. There's nothing really flashy or impressive about it. It looks more like a cutscene from the game than anything else, and I'd prefer to actually play through a scene like this than just have it be a cutscene. It's good to have a release date, even if it is a year from now, and I'm glad we have confirmation that Jackie won't be guiding us through the whole game like an immortal NPC from CoD.

I wish I felt more hyped for this game, but so much of what's been revealed over the last year or so has just been disappointing to me. I was hoping for something like TW3 in a cyberpunk setting and instead we're getting something like...Far Cry in a cyberpunk setting.

Nice try, Todd.

I couldn't really get into the Witcher series, but I'll definitely be getting into this.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:59 AM »
actually nvm

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »
Wasn't the entire enjoyment of FF7 based in the storyline which you already know the full details of, anyway? It's like watching a modern remake of an old movie you really liked. The only thing they can do is make it worse.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »
Wasn't the entire enjoyment of FF7 based in the storyline which you already know the full details of, anyway? It's like watching a modern remake of an old movie you really liked. The only thing they can do is make it worse.

Yes, I typically remember the full details of media I consumed over two decades prior, especially media that consumes 60+ hours. Obviously I know the main tenets of the story, but there there are going to be a million new things and nuances that will be better conveyed using modern tech. Also nostalgia.

There is also a new generation who likely only has passing knowledge of the game, so there is something for everyone.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »
Yes, I typically remember the full details of media I consumed over two decades prior, especially media that consumes 60+ hours. Obviously I know the main tenets of the story, but there there are going to be a million new things and nuances that will be better conveyed using modern tech. Also nostalgia.

Remembering key plot points and twists is exactly what ruins it, though.

There is also a new generation who likely only has passing knowledge of the game, so there is something for everyone.

They're too busy playing Fortnite to play Final Weaboo 7.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:48 PM »
They're too busy playing Fortnite to play Final Weaboo 7.

You are as bad as Saddam, sometimes...

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 10:48:31 PM »
I'm excited about this game. I know this thread isn't about Gears 5, but I'm looking forward to that too, especially after seeing the Terminator crossover.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
What specifically has me underwhelmed is the emphasis on FPS combat and narrow class/skill system. Especially seeing how I definitely remember some of the devs teasing that the classes from the tabletop RPG would be present in the game, and they most certainly are not. You can mix and match skills only from the solo, techie, and netrunner classes, and most of these skills seem to be centered around killing people in an FPS format. The game itself seems to largely be centered around killing people in an FPS format. There should be a ton of ways to thrive in a setting like this, and yet this game seems to have locked itself firmly into just one. The devs have paid lip service to the idea that your choices will heavily impact the missions you complete, but they haven't shown us that you can actually complete any of them without having to gun down dozens of enemies in a standard, scripted FPS setpiece. In fact, we've seen at least two missions now where you approach gangs in the spirit of cooperation, but then someone pulls a double-cross and you have to kill everyone in a standard, scripted FPS setpiece.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »
They did say the game can be completed non-lethally, so I'm guessing there's a little more than they've shown. Why they haven't shown more is beyond me.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »
What specifically has me underwhelmed is the emphasis on FPS combat and narrow class/skill system. Especially seeing how I definitely remember some of the devs teasing that the classes from the tabletop RPG would be present in the game, and they most certainly are not. You can mix and match skills only from the solo, techie, and netrunner classes, and most of these skills seem to be centered around killing people in an FPS format. The game itself seems to largely be centered around killing people in an FPS format. There should be a ton of ways to thrive in a setting like this, and yet this game seems to have locked itself firmly into just one. The devs have paid lip service to the idea that your choices will heavily impact the missions you complete, but they haven't shown us that you can actually complete any of them without having to gun down dozens of enemies in a standard, scripted FPS setpiece. In fact, we've seen at least two missions now where you approach gangs in the spirit of cooperation, but then someone pulls a double-cross and you have to kill everyone in a standard, scripted FPS setpiece.

Do they have the skill system pinned up somewhere? I seem to have missed a lot of information about the game.

They did say the game can be completed non-lethally, so I'm guessing there's a little more than they've shown. Why they haven't shown more is beyond me.

IIRC, they're always overly tight-lipped about their games, even after the game is released. The original Witcher game didn't have a good description of the game on the box it came in, Witcher 2 had basically no good marketing and Witcher 3 had overall terrible marketing as well. I think they're just penny-pinchers when it comes to marketing, but given that assumption, hiring Keanu Reeves no longer makes sense. Hopefully we'll see a change in trend and more information than just the one demo will come out. Unlike Saddam, I really like what I've seen so far, so having more or less information wouldn't hurt my feelings either way.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 05:34:55 PM »
I'm in the "looks cool" camp, I'm just not super excited about playing through 60 hours of my balls are bigger than my balls cocksucking asshole shit faggot cunt motherfucker dialogue, which, as far as I can tell, they're still going with.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:05 AM »
Do they have the skill system pinned up somewhere? I seem to have missed a lot of information about the game.

They do not, and I must sheepishly admit that I got a little carried away there. I was going by a few journalists noting that some of the demonstrated skills of the netrunner class were hacking robots to kill enemies, hacking gym equipment to kill enemies, hacking enemies' mechanical limbs to kill their owners, and strangling enemies with a unique garrote called a nanowire. But I'm sure they'll have plenty of nonlethal skills, and the demo did show a stealth section completed without bloodshed. That's good, but I can't imagine we'll be free to play through the whole game like that, given how we've already seen a few scripted battles.

I guess the main point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not particularly excited to play yet another FPS. It takes a lot to rise above the glut of competent-but-uninspired shooters we receive every year, and the only ones that really catch my interest are the ones coming from devs that have already proven themselves in the genre. Yes, experimentation and trying new things are good, but to make this a full-blown FPS is just a weird sidestep into very, very well-worn territory. It's like BioWare abandoning thoughtful, character-driven RPGs in favor of cashing in on the "live service" trend in gaming with a Destiny ripoff. Okay, it's not that bad, but it's the same general principle. What'll make this game good, or even great, will be the well-designed, immersive world CDPR creates, the memorable characters, the well-written story, and, I'm sure, having far more content than any of its peers. That's what I'm excited for, and I'd have preferred that CDPR hadn't bothered trying to compete with the big boys at id and MachineGames with a flashy FPS.

That being said, the game will undoubtedly still end up being one of the best of the year, and of course I'm going to play the hell out of it. I'm not unreasonable.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:06:37 AM by honk »