Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 E3
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2020, 11:12:19 PM »
Apparently its nothing to do with not being ready, but more to do with launching at the same time as next gen consoles like the PS5. Apparently console peasants wouldn't be able to bear it if the PC master race got a title 6 months earlier than them. Meanwhile PC gamers had to wait forever for red dead.

Given how that contradicts the message from CDPR, do you have a source for this?

Cyberpunk release ... November.
PS5 release ... November.
Coincidence?

Also the mainstream press that are going to give you crap about using adblockers if you follow my links are also of the same opinion.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/06/19/cyberpunk-2077s-new-delay-sure-looks-like-an-xbox-series-x-release-date-hint/#3bc3f2064e60

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/06/18/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-again-fueling-speculation-around-next-gen-console-release-dates/
^This article being better. You do need to agree to their terms and conditions to read it. Something about a human centipede and ... just click 'I agree' its fine, I'm sure.

From the article
Quote from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/06/18/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-again-fueling-speculation-around-next-gen-console-release-dates/
The release date of “Cyberpunk 2077” has been delayed from September 17 to November 19, CD Projekt Red announced in a tweet on Thursday. The change in date — the second for the title — has led to speculation around the release dates of the upcoming next generation consoles, the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5.

and

Quote from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/06/18/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-again-fueling-speculation-around-next-gen-console-release-dates/
“Last generation, Sony and Microsoft launched one week apart,” video game business journalist and consultant Mike Futter wrote in a message to The Post. “I expect that it will be about the same for this generation. Additionally, Microsoft has a history of partnership with CD Projekt Red. ‘The Witcher 3’ was shown off on Microsoft’s E3 2013 stage (and it was one of the major highlights). Additionally, ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ is one of the handful of currently confirmed third-party Smart Delivery games.”
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline TrueRoundEarther

• Four numbers of the back of your credit card?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2020, 12:25:06 AM »
It's getting released on November because they to make Keanu Reeves 8K and the rest of the model at least 720p to show contrasting graphics. DUH
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature. "

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2020, 01:34:24 AM »
Apparently its nothing to do with not being ready, but more to do with launching at the same time as next gen consoles like the PS5. Apparently console peasants wouldn't be able to bear it if the PC master race got a title 6 months earlier than them. Meanwhile PC gamers had to wait forever for red dead.

Given how that contradicts the message from CDPR, do you have a source for this?

Cyberpunk release ... November.
PS5 release ... November.
Coincidence?

Also the mainstream press that are going to give you crap about using adblockers if you follow my links are also of the same opinion.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/06/19/cyberpunk-2077s-new-delay-sure-looks-like-an-xbox-series-x-release-date-hint/#3bc3f2064e60

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/06/18/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-again-fueling-speculation-around-next-gen-console-release-dates/
^This article being better. You do need to agree to their terms and conditions to read it. Something about a human centipede and ... just click 'I agree' its fine, I'm sure.

From the article
The release date of “Cyberpunk 2077” has been delayed from September 17 to November 19, CD Projekt Red announced in a tweet on Thursday. The change in date — the second for the title — has led to speculation around the release dates of the upcoming next generation consoles, the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5.

and

“Last generation, Sony and Microsoft launched one week apart,” video game business journalist and consultant Mike Futter wrote in a message to The Post. “I expect that it will be about the same for this generation. Additionally, Microsoft has a history of partnership with CD Projekt Red. ‘The Witcher 3’ was shown off on Microsoft’s E3 2013 stage (and it was one of the major highlights). Additionally, ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ is one of the handful of currently confirmed third-party Smart Delivery games.”

It's not a next-gen game, which is why waiting until the next gen seems a little pointless. If anything, releasing the game first and then introducing the upgrade when the next gen rolls around would give it a nice post-launch boost.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2020, 04:13:49 AM »

You know the top 5 PS4 games blow anything PC has out of the water, right? I mean, yeah it is great you can play at 4K/144Hz if you spend enough money, but who gives a shit if the games are junk?

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »

You know the top 5 PS4 games blow anything PC has out of the water, right? I mean, yeah it is great you can play at 4K/144Hz if you spend enough money, but who gives a shit if the games are junk?

PC has an enduring library of great games spanning any genre you can think of over literal decades, and that's more true than ever these days thanks to industry efforts to bring older titles into compatibility with newer operating systems through services like GOG. PS4 has Bloodborne (of which I am admittedly gelatinous, but apparently it can't even run at 60fps thanks to that weak PS4 hardware lmao) and a bunch of nice looking but mediocre story games that were made by people who wish they were making movies in Hollywood instead.

All well-made cross-platform releases run better on PC, and even if you don't have a great rig you can tune the settings to suit your spec perfectly. PC also doesn't leave you at the mercy of suboptimal hardware, you can upgrade any part at any time to improve your gaming experience, whereas consoles leave you waiting for at least seven years between generations, and the best they can offer in terms of intragenerational upgrades is swappable storage, or worse, new versions of the console you already bought sold to you again at full price.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:41:09 AM by Crudblud »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 04:30:33 AM »
Ah yes, the near-infinite list of MMOs and FPS games spanning decades on PC. Truly a marvel to behold.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2020, 07:31:59 AM »
any genre you can think of

MMOs and FPS games

That's some nice thinking there buddy.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2020, 11:23:48 PM »

Apologies, I forgot about generic fantasy games that span multiple genres, as well as PUBG and its clones...

Unironically, though, can you suggest some actual decent PC titles? I generally respect your opinion and all I have done with this overpowered PC I purchased is play a broken, unfinished (never-to-be finished) spaceshit simulator, the 69th iteration of D O O M, and a 16-bit clone meme game.

Since Cybermeme 2069 isn't ever going to be released we may as well do something useful with this thread.

Rama Set

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2020, 11:38:21 PM »
Baldur’s Gate 2 was phenomenal and Neverwinter Nights was also excellent.

I’m going to get a console just so I can play Cyberpunk and Baldur’s Gate 3.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2020, 09:33:40 AM »

Apologies, I forgot about generic fantasy games that span multiple genres, as well as PUBG and its clones...

Unironically, though, can you suggest some actual decent PC titles? I generally respect your opinion and all I have done with this overpowered PC I purchased is play a broken, unfinished (never-to-be finished) spaceshit simulator, the 69th iteration of D O O M, and a 16-bit clone meme game.

Since Cybermeme 2069 isn't ever going to be released we may as well do something useful with this thread.

It's true that PC has traditionally lent itself to FPS, online games, strategy games, RPGs etc., and a lot of the games that are developed first for PC now do end up being ported to consoles, but it's worth noting that a great many games will run far better on PC (especially if you have a meme machine) than on any console currently available. So apart from console exclusives and bad ports of console originals (including multi-platform releases where PC was an afterthought like newer Elder Scrolls/Fallout titles, although in the case of those games you can mod them to make them slightly less garbage), most of the time you're getting a better deal playing on PC, especially since it's so easy to set up a controller now.

The big strength of PC as a platform today, and also one of its weaknesses, is ease of access for small independent developers. It means that you get a lot of lazy clones and meme 8-bit/16-bit style games, true, although quite a few of the latter are good if you can look past the retro art style, which has become cliché. Here are some good games that are either PC exclusives or were developed for PC first, came out in the last ten years, and don't necessarily conform to what you'd expect from a PC title:
  • Baba Is You is a pixel art logic operator puzzle game in which you screw with every aspect of the level to get the solution. Using the rabbit Baba, you push words around to affect the properties of world objects, allowing you to, for example, walk through walls, walk on lava, or even change the win condition.
  • Less retro styled but on a similar-ish theme, Hack 'n' Slash is a 2D Zelda type game that lets you edit scripts on objects (including enemies) to change their properties/behaviours and basically break the game however you want, while also potentially making it impossible to beat.
  • Lastly on the hacking theme, Hacknet is a text-based game which may scratch your cyberpunk itch, at least for style. The writing is a little memey for my taste, but if you want to hack into some servers and steal some data it's a good time.
  • Superhot is a tactical FPS in which time passes only when you move. Each level is pretty short and intense and very very easy to screw up.
  • Hotline Miami is a top-down shooter with great presentation and level design based around working out the optimal path through each stage.
  • Subnautica is a first person survival game. I don't normally enjoy survival mechanics, but this game has a beautiful ocean world to explore and great atmosphere, and looking for crafting materials and stuff feels more like an adventure than a chore.
  • Hollow Knight is a metroidvania style game which takes some inspiration from Dark Souls with its death mechanics. For the record I only played a couple of hours of this one, but it has a nice art style and atmosphere, and the movement/combat feels good.
None of those are going to push your PC, so if you're looking for master race games that will justify the amount of money you spent unfortunately it's either Scam Shitizen or AAA multi-platform releases like Control—you should also definitely get Sekiro btw. Because I am poor I haven't played a whole lot of new stuff, so I can't say what's good that came out this year, but PC also has a great library of older games, many of which have been updated for compatibility with newer versions of Windows. If you've never played oldschool Command & Conquer, the original Fallout games, or Diablo II, to name just a few, they're all worth checking out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 09:35:16 AM by Crudblud »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
Subnautica is a first person survival game. I don't normally enjoy survival mechanics, but this game has a beautiful ocean world to explore and great atmosphere, and looking for crafting materials and stuff feels more like an adventure than a chore.

This. Definitely play Subnautica, junker.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2020, 02:05:27 AM »
In addition to the CRPGs already mentioned, I'd also like to recommend Planescape: Torment and Disco Elysium, both of which I have recently shilled here. Anyway, to get back on topic:

fuck fuck shit cojones fuck shit mis bolas son más grandes que mis bolas fuck fuck fuck

This is a lot more informative. I like everything about it except for the dialogue, which remains awful, and the FPS action, which still looks very standard and unimpressive. To elaborate on that second point for a second, I strongly suspect that the first demo they showed us two years ago, which did look like a very interesting and creative FPS, was mostly scripted and/or hand-crafted. None of the gunplay they've shown us since then has looked anything like that, and it's entirely possible that CDPR in the two years since realized that they couldn't design the entire game to be like that and scaled the combat back drastically. I'm not saying that the game is going to suck, just that my guess is that the combat will end up being the least interesting part of it. That would give it something in common with the Witcher games.

Speaking of The Witcher, the hand-to-hand combat looks a bit better than it was in those games, though still not great. I'd like to see the return of boxing tournaments or other optional content that'll let you fight like this more. I really like that you can choose between three possible beginnings that give the protagonist different backgrounds. Not a lot of RPGs do that, but it's a great way to encourage roleplaying and varied character builds. The braindance feature looks interesting, sort of like a more in-depth version of scene reconstruction features found in various other games, but I really, really hope you're only being walked through the process because it's (presumably) your first time doing it. The whole time I was thinking about how cool it would be if you were looking through the footage for the clues on your own, and you had to spot the security camera and access it to see what it picked up. It's like the problem I have with Jackie. Having somebody next to you constantly saying, "Okay, do this, then you do this, and now we're going to go ahead and do this..." just sucks the fun out of it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:31:21 AM by honk »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
It's true that PC has traditionally lent itself to FPS, online games, strategy games, RPGs etc., and a lot of the games that are developed first for PC now do end up being ported to consoles, but it's worth noting that a great many games will run far better on PC (especially if you have a meme machine) than on any console currently available. So apart from console exclusives and bad ports of console originals (including multi-platform releases where PC was an afterthought like newer Elder Scrolls/Fallout titles, although in the case of those games you can mod them to make them slightly less garbage), most of the time you're getting a better deal playing on PC, especially since it's so easy to set up a controller now.

The big strength of PC as a platform today, and also one of its weaknesses, is ease of access for small independent developers. It means that you get a lot of lazy clones and meme 8-bit/16-bit style games, true, although quite a few of the latter are good if you can look past the retro art style, which has become cliché. Here are some good games that are either PC exclusives or were developed for PC first, came out in the last ten years, and don't necessarily conform to what you'd expect from a PC title:
  • Baba Is You is a pixel art logic operator puzzle game in which you screw with every aspect of the level to get the solution. Using the rabbit Baba, you push words around to affect the properties of world objects, allowing you to, for example, walk through walls, walk on lava, or even change the win condition.
  • Less retro styled but on a similar-ish theme, Hack 'n' Slash is a 2D Zelda type game that lets you edit scripts on objects (including enemies) to change their properties/behaviours and basically break the game however you want, while also potentially making it impossible to beat.
  • Lastly on the hacking theme, Hacknet is a text-based game which may scratch your cyberpunk itch, at least for style. The writing is a little memey for my taste, but if you want to hack into some servers and steal some data it's a good time.
  • Superhot is a tactical FPS in which time passes only when you move. Each level is pretty short and intense and very very easy to screw up.
  • Hotline Miami is a top-down shooter with great presentation and level design based around working out the optimal path through each stage.
  • Subnautica is a first person survival game. I don't normally enjoy survival mechanics, but this game has a beautiful ocean world to explore and great atmosphere, and looking for crafting materials and stuff feels more like an adventure than a chore.
  • Hollow Knight is a metroidvania style game which takes some inspiration from Dark Souls with its death mechanics. For the record I only played a couple of hours of this one, but it has a nice art style and atmosphere, and the movement/combat feels good.
None of those are going to push your PC, so if you're looking for master race games that will justify the amount of money you spent unfortunately it's either Scam Shitizen or AAA multi-platform releases like Control—you should also definitely get Sekiro btw. Because I am poor I haven't played a whole lot of new stuff, so I can't say what's good that came out this year, but PC also has a great library of older games, many of which have been updated for compatibility with newer versions of Windows. If you've never played oldschool Command & Conquer, the original Fallout games, or Diablo II, to name just a few, they're all worth checking out.

Thank you, Crudblud. I just purchased Superhot and Subnautica.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
This game is literally going to be GOAT.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2020, 03:47:31 AM »
We've got some more gameplay:

There is more I could criticize here, but I'm sure it's nothing that a few more months of polish can't fix. Besides, I've been negative enough about the game already; it's best to just give it a chance to prove itself at this point.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2020, 04:08:26 AM »
We've got some more gameplay:

There is more I could criticize here, but I'm sure it's nothing that a few more months of polish can't fix. Besides, I've been negative enough about the game already; it's best to just give it a chance to prove itself at this point.

Thanks Kotaku. We're all waiting with bated breath for your in-depth review.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2020, 06:06:49 AM »
Yes, I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about the game once it's out. I hope it'll be as great as you expect it to be.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »
Yes, I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about the game once it's out. I hope it'll be as great as you expect it to be.

Don't get it twisted homie. We just tryna play the game, not read no book on that shit.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2020, 09:39:08 PM »
That was very constructive; thanks for sharing. In other news:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-speaks-about-the-importance-of-/1100-6479510

And then the Internet furiously turned on the game.

Rama Set

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2020, 01:24:35 AM »
Oh no CDPR are trying to be decent and thoughtful. The jerks.