Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 E3
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »
It could, unfortunately, be like Deus Ex's non-lethal run where it requires you to just sprint through several gunfire sections that would normally require killing.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 01:23:53 AM »

This is looking good. Video contains some mild spoilers (includes a warning in the video itself).

Spoiler: Keanu Reeves is just a figment of your imagination lmao
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:26:01 AM by Rushy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 05:06:30 AM »
My roller coaster of feels regarding this game is on the rise once more, for the most part. The FPS combat looks decent enough, even if it isn't the most creative approach to a cyberpunk game, and there are definitely some great ideas there. I like the idea of a combat-oriented build punching dudes in the throat to take them down and ripping open doors with brute strength, but that bullet-sponge boss battle looked like absolute ass, and I really hope they aren't going to be giving us lots of those kinds of enemies. Yes, people enhance themselves with implants and body-modification technology in this setting. That doesn't mean they should all need mag after mag of ammunition to be poured into them before they go down. The stealthy netrunner build looks far more interesting, with hacking the environment to do cool shit, using crazy gadgets to nail enemies from afar, and the like.

The dialogue is still very crude and juvenile, but that's really only a minor annoyance to me.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2019, 06:01:11 PM »
I also can't make up my mind.

They made a big thing in that video about how you choose to play the game. But the footage makes it look like every story line is on rails. You defeat this guy with his own weights machine. This guy with the vending machine. I feel like everything is placed so you do the thing. Like there is a lot less choice than you think all the time.

Still Kerbal Space Program 2 is nailed on for me so that's likely my next large waste of time.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »
I also can't make up my mind.

They made a big thing in that video about how you choose to play the game. But the footage makes it look like every story line is on rails. You defeat this guy with his own weights machine. This guy with the vending machine. I feel like everything is placed so you do the thing. Like there is a lot less choice than you think all the time.

Still Kerbal Space Program 2 is nailed on for me so that's likely my next large waste of time.

The end of the video literally has a flow chart which showed most of the events you see in the video can be bypassed entirely by not aligning yourself with the voodoo boys...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 04:12:35 AM »
The end of the video literally has a flow chart which showed most of the events you see in the video can be bypassed entirely by not aligning yourself with the voodoo boys...

The flow chart just shows a bunch of scenes that we saw in the video and draws some lines between them. It's meant to look complex, but it's pretty straightforward. The only thing that does seem to be an actual branching path is whether or not you choose to jump ship to Netwatch, which happens after you've infiltrated and taken out the Animals for the Voodoo Boys. The video doesn't make the sequence of events entirely clear (and I have a sneaking suspicion as to why), but we know this from the coverage of the game some months back, discussed on the previous page. We also know from those articles that the Voodoo Boys will betray you even if you stay loyal to them, so you're probably going to have to fight them either way.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 01:55:52 AM »
bunch of scenes that we saw in the video and draws some lines between them.

Yes, Saddam, that's called a flow chart. Thank you for describing it.

It's meant to look complex

It really isn't, it's a flow chart. They're a visual aid meant to simplify the flow of events.

The only thing that does seem to be an actual branching path is whether or not you choose to jump ship to Netwatch, which happens after you've infiltrated and taken out the Animals for the Voodoo Boys. The video doesn't make the sequence of events entirely clear (and I have a sneaking suspicion as to why), but we know this from the coverage of the game some months back, discussed on the previous page. We also know from those articles that the Voodoo Boys will betray you even if you stay loyal to them, so you're probably going to have to fight them either way.

Well, for starters, no, that's not all the options. That's only one example. There's nothing in the video that has indicated this is even a required quest. No where in it did it state that all paths you take in the game lead you to this mission. You also don't know they betray you no matter what, as that's likely still one of many outcomes for the quest. You've played Witcher 3, you know CDPR does a fair job of making choice have a decent impact on other missions in their games. I'm not sure why you seem almost out to get them. It's almost like you want the game to be bad.

Rama Set

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 01:58:53 AM »
Probably because of the MCs white privilege.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 04:56:01 AM »
Yes, Saddam, that's called a flow chart. Thank you for describing it.

You said that the chart shows that the events shown in the video can be bypassed entirely. That isn't true, for the simple reason that every scene we see in the chart was in the video.

It really isn't, it's a flow chart. They're a visual aid meant to simplify the flow of events.

That's what flow charts are meant to do, but this one is three-dimensional and goes on a weird winding path all the way around the screen, muddling the flow of information. It's meant to make a linear chain of events with precisely one player decision impacting the narrative look like an elaborate web of choices and consequences.

Well, for starters, no, that's not all the options. That's only one example. There's nothing in the video that has indicated this is even a required quest. No where in it did it state that all paths you take in the game lead you to this mission. You also don't know they betray you no matter what, as that's likely still one of many outcomes for the quest.

Yeah, those would have been great things to depict in the flow chart that was supposed to show how complex the game's narrative was, rather than a bunch of scenes that are (as far as the video shows) entirely linear and sequential. They could have showed us how the main character ended up working for the Voodoo Boys to begin with, what paths are opened to you if you stay loyal to them, what you can do if you work with Netwatch instead, etc.

You've played Witcher 3, you know CDPR does a fair job of making choice have a decent impact on other missions in their games. I'm not sure why you seem almost out to get them. It's almost like you want the game to be bad.

We only ended up on this subject because you started talking about that stupid flow chart. I know CDPR has what it takes to deliver, and despite my disappointment with the emphasis on FPS action, I have very high hopes for this game. I'm just not going to look at what we know about the game and see something that simply isn't there.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 05:22:22 AM »
The FPS combat looks decent enough, even if it isn't the most creative approach to a cyberpunk game...

How many cyberpunk games have you played?...

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
Deus Ex is the only cyberpunk FPS RPG I can think of off the top of my head. The other games I'm aware of are either top down RPGs or adventure games.

Rama Set

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »
Deus Ex is the only cyberpunk FPS RPG I can think of off the top of my head. The other games I'm aware of are either top down RPGs or adventure games.

I started playing The Observer a while back. It is a FPS with less emphasis on the shooting and more on investigation.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »
The FPS combat looks decent enough, even if it isn't the most creative approach to a cyberpunk game...

How many cyberpunk games have you played?...

Probably just the Deus Ex series, as I have yet to explore the wild world of Snatcher. If I wasn't clear, I'm not saying that a ton of cyberpunk games have already gone the FPS route, just that the setting in general should lend itself to more unique gameplay.

Also, I went back and rewatched the demo from last year, discussed at the time here. I'm hyped for the game again! Exciting gunplay with cool weapons and nifty mods where you can slow time down to slide past your enemies to blow their legs off, or use ricocheting bullets to take people out from cover, scuttling around on walls to get the drop on enemies, hacking them to disable their weapons, dialogue trees where you have to quickly work to escalate or defuse volatile situations, quests that clearly have many different paths through them, etc. Had my enthusiasm simply been dulled by that boring E3 trailer and the lukewarm reactions to the E3 coverage by snooty journalists? Ethics in video game journalism! Power to the people!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 08:35:55 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »
We are clearly being punished for something.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 01:07:06 AM »
They are pretty much the only company left that would do something like this.

Can you imagine Bethesda or EA delaying a launch to fix bugs and finish the game properly before release?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 05:33:23 AM »
DOOM Eternal was delayed from last year to this March, and that's being published by Bethesda. Also, relevant:

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »
Apparently its nothing to do with not being ready, but more to do with launching at the same time as next gen consoles like the PS5. Apparently console peasants wouldn't be able to bear it if the PC master race got a title 6 months earlier than them. Meanwhile PC gamers had to wait forever for red dead.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2020, 10:46:16 PM »
Apparently its nothing to do with not being ready, but more to do with launching at the same time as next gen consoles like the PS5. Apparently console peasants wouldn't be able to bear it if the PC master race got a title 6 months earlier than them. Meanwhile PC gamers had to wait forever for red dead.

Given how that contradicts the message from CDPR, do you have a source for this?