Recent Posts

Flat Earth Theory / Re: Comprehensive explanation for sunsets
« Last post by Tron on October 02, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »
The bulb is definitely too big but I'm not sure about the distance being wrong.  I used to think a spotlight sun was the only way to simulate the day/night and other observations on earth but then I tried different distances and they all worked the same.  I'm trying to recreate Voyager 1 photos of the sun and earth to get a more accurate simulation...

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/resources/536/voyager-1s-pale-blue-dot/

Here's a close up of the Earth Sun relationship...

Earth is located where it says "E", Venus "V" and the sun appears in only some photos but I marked it as "Sun".  You can see how far away Earth is relative to the Sun which I hope isn't too far off from my photo.  Moving the lightbulb away like I did is not accurate but I was just proving the point of atmospheric refraction.  If you actually turn the Map in a circular motion or in many other configurations you can also get a sunset and night effect.  It's bizarre almost but the light just fades away.
« Last post by GoldCashew on October 02, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »
It's not, but the atmosphere has water vapor which can add to refraction...

To what degree does water vapor add to refraction? Is it the same as a solid glass dome?

Also, your experiment appears to be using a light bulb that is very large in scale to the size of your solid glass flat earth dome model. The size of the bulb you are using to simulate a small spotlight Sun should be to scale relative to the size of the flat earth model you are using.

Additionally, the distance of the small spotlight Sun in your experiment should also be to scale relative to the surface of your flat earth model.

« Last post by Tron on October 02, 2022, 03:10:54 PM »
It's not, but the atmosphere has water vapor which can add to refraction...
« Last post by GoldCashew on October 02, 2022, 03:01:53 PM »
Yes solid..

The Earth's atmosphere isn't a solid glass dome. Your experimental approach with a solid glass dome is not accurate.   

It also appears that the size of the Sun you are using (via the light bulb) is much larger in scale as compared to the solid glass dome you are using to represent the Earth. The diameter of the small spotlight Sun should be as close in scale to the size of the flat earth you are simulating. So, this would need to be scale relative to the diameter of the flat Earth plane.
« Last post by Tron on October 02, 2022, 02:51:35 PM »
Yes solid..
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Conservatives being snowflakes... again.
« Last post by Action80 on October 02, 2022, 01:23:55 PM »
Yeah, Kramer is under the impression Sorbo had a shot at becoming popular in other roles.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Ron DeSantis is a shitbag
« Last post by Action80 on October 02, 2022, 01:22:22 PM »
What do you think about De Santis’ accepting of COVID relief and emergency funds when it suits him?
I think people of all sorts accept all kinds of things all the time.

Nobody is coming out of this alive.

Let me know when you are done ranting.

Thanks.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on October 02, 2022, 11:52:21 AM »
Could you tell us more about that dome? Is it hollow or solid inside, like a paperweight? I assume the latter, but would appreciate if you could confirm
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Ron DeSantis is a shitbag
« Last post by Rama Set on October 02, 2022, 10:41:07 AM »
Now why do you think rebuilding after a disaster with infrastructure designed to withstand the next disaster is inferior to slapping some plywood and grout on the potholes and moving on?
You believe Tom wrote something indicating he thinks this way?

You believe he didn’t???
Not necessarily.

Could you point out the specific sentence he wrote indicating he does think this way?

Why should I bother with you?
I just asked.

Your retort simply and eloquently demonstrates you have nothing and your entire train of thought regarding Tom and DeSantis is really just an Angry Rant.

Not surprising.

Coming from the guy who calls people AIs, this means nothing. What do you think about De Santis’ accepting of COVID relief and emergency funds when it suits him?
« Last post by Tron on October 02, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »
McTOON -

Here is another FE theory about Sunsets.  In the first image, you can see a light bulb hovering over a flat earth map with a glass magnifying dome on top.  You can see how half the earth is covered with light and the other half in darkness (night).

To explain sunsets, you need to understand how light is seen from earth through an atmospheric dome... In this short video, I placed a camera beneath the dome pictured above and slowly walked away to simulate the sun moving away from observers during a sunset.  As you can see, the glass dome slowly fades the image of the light bulb into darkness...